PDA

View Full Version : "Horrible Bosses"

minnow
07-07-2011, 08:14 PM
Screw "Atlas Shrugged", I'm planning on seeing "Horrible Bosses". While I'm not ready to predict this movie as Oscar Nominee material, (" I didn't know that you called your grandmother Gamgam")I'd wager that it will gross far more than Atlas, as much more people can relate to this movies' theme/plot.

I'm not promising to be the first to review it, so anyone, blue or pink, please chime in.

minnow
07-09-2011, 09:47 PM
Saw "Horrible Bosses" tonight. I may not have laughed the hardest, but myself (and audience) certainly laughed often. Movie seemed like male version of "Thelma & Louise", "9-5", and a "Dumb and Dumber" trio vs pair all rolled into one. I won't get into the plots, subplots, character development (or lack thereof, lol) because I'm not a movie critic- I go for entertainment, not to disect and analyze every scene or "player".

Okay, some elements include getting screwed by techno gadgets only to have it unexpectedly save the day. I couldn't quite get into the idea of a female boss sexually harassing a male subordinate on a number of levels (one being that many males wouldn't mind being "harassed" by Jennifer Anniston). I guess the movie does has a happy ending, one scene delivered in part by a bud of the bumbling trio ( an unemployed ex- Wall Street broker who has resorted to offering $50 handjobs to guys in bars). Oops, don't want to give away too many clues.

Oh, how many stars am I going to award? Well, lets just say if I can spend an evening at a movie vs going to a club, and not regret my choice (too much), then the movie must be at least 3:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: out of 4 stars.

SweetNaughty
07-09-2011, 10:02 PM
I agree with Minnow, the movie exceeded my expectations by quite a bit. My one complaint was I thought Jason Bateman's character was played so straight and boring it took away from Bateman's vast comedic skills. An 8 out of 10 for me.