PDA

View Full Version : Bad songs

Kellydancer
07-22-2011, 11:53 PM
There are guilty pleasures, then there are just bad songs. Here's a few.

This song has been called the worst song ever it's that bad. The sad thing is that this shouldn't be this bad. The song is great in its orginal form and the group doing the cover is a good band too. Yet somehow this is beyond bad.

This song just plain sucks. I suspect the woman in the song killed herself after she heard it.

Where to start with this song. Her father is the patron saint of crap and he is to blame partially for all the white people who covered early rock and roll and sucked it up because they didn't like the music (not talking people like Elvis, Buddy Holly and Bill Haley who are pioneers). I hated this song when it was big and knew even at 6 it sucked.

SweetNaughty
07-23-2011, 06:23 AM
Duran Duran never had any soul....

Kellydancer
07-23-2011, 12:04 PM
Duran Duran is great for what they do, not when they try to be something they aren't. Their last album Red Carpet Massacre didn't work because it was hip hop/R&B sounding and they aren't lnown for that. Their latest CD does work because it sounds more indie rock which they can pull off.

obscurity
07-29-2011, 06:15 PM
Duran Duran never had any soul....

bite your tongue!!!! they need no soul.........love love love new wave ;)))))

SweetNaughty
08-01-2011, 08:24 PM
^^^I don't think Duran Duran was ever classified as "New Wave."

Clement
08-01-2011, 11:26 PM
Duran Duran was great. Hungry Like The Wolf, Rio, Girls On Film, Reflex are still fun to listen to. They have nothing be ashamed about.

Clement
08-01-2011, 11:39 PM
The song that I think is so bad it's great is, You're having my baby by Paul Anka. The chorus goes "Your having my baby. What a wonderful way to say you love me." Another line he sings "my seed is growing inside of you." Hysterically bad!

obscurity
08-02-2011, 06:00 AM
^^^I don't think Duran Duran was ever classified as "New Wave."

songs such as planet earth,new moon on monday,union of the snake..yes....rio and all that other jazz no..........;)

obscurity
08-02-2011, 06:01 AM
The song that I think is so bad it's great is, You're having my baby by Paul Anka. The chorus goes "Your having my baby. What a wonderful way to say you love me." Another line he sings "my seed is growing inside of you." Hysterically bad!

omg.............this song, is so painful and embarrassing to listen to....like a bad sex ed class.....:D

Kellydancer
08-02-2011, 10:39 AM
Duran Duran was classified as New Wave and yes they were also classified as alternative.

SweetNaughty
08-02-2011, 09:56 PM
^^^ Does mention Duran Duran as being new wave, but that they were not that influential as a new wave artists. Where they were influential were the clothes they wore and how they produced their music videos.

Clement
08-02-2011, 10:40 PM
Duran Duran was New Wave because they from England in the 80's with the androgony and big hair and synthesisors.

Kellydancer
08-03-2011, 11:29 AM

That was a very bad song. Makes me cringe. What's even worse is that song was popular when my mother was pregnant with my brother and she thinks it has a great message.

Kellydancer
08-03-2011, 11:31 AM
^^^ Does mention Duran Duran as being new wave, but that they were not that influential as a new wave artists. Where they were influential were the clothes they wore and how they produced their music videos.

Just because Wikipedia says something doesn't mean it's so. They were influential but this thread isn't about them, but bad songs. I don't consider them bad artists.

pussyinboots
08-03-2011, 01:28 PM
Duran Duran was classified as New Wave and yes they were also classified as alternative.

Duran Duran was New Wave because they from England in the 80's with the androgony and big hair and synthesisors.

Technically, Duran Duran were classed as New Romantics....along with others such as Spandau Ballet, Culture Club, Cocteau Twins, Visage etc etc. It was a fashion & music movement in direct reaction to the late 1970's punk.

The name 'Duran Duran' comes from the villian in the movie 'Barbarella'.

SweetNaughty
08-03-2011, 01:41 PM
^^^ Thanks for clearing that up, PnB! :)

Bennu
08-08-2011, 01:44 PM
How about this one, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kffacxfA7G4 or anything else by him. Seriously, I just don't get it.

Natalllia
08-08-2011, 04:33 PM

I had never heard this song until it was on Glee (I admit it, I'm a total Gleek).
It was at a family dinner at the teenage girlfriend's house, and the boyfriend sings this to her at the table as a way to let the parents she's pregnant. It was hilarious. I had trouble believing that it was a real song.

ArmySGT.
08-09-2011, 04:19 PM
Bad songs for the Strip club or bad songs in general?

Because while you may never hear this in a club (I hope); everybody wants the 20 minutes of their life back after listening to Gordon Lightfoots - Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald.

Everyone.

_Avery_
08-09-2011, 04:21 PM
Katy Perry - Firework
I hate that fucking song..it's on every damn commercial, advertisement, radio station (well, TGIF is now) and I was gonna shoot myself on the 4th of July after hearing it 10239489 times!!

SweetNaughty
08-09-2011, 09:47 PM
Why can't Katy Perry be stopped?

Kellydancer
08-10-2011, 12:23 AM
Bad songs for the Strip club or bad songs in general?

Because while you may never hear this in a club (I hope); everybody wants the 20 minutes of their life back after listening to Gordon Lightfoots - Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald.

Everyone.

See, I don't mind that song. Would I dance to it? Hell no but doesn't bother me. Maybe because as a kid my parents had several Gordon Lightfoot albums on vinyl and 8 track (for those who don't know 8 tracks were big in the 70's).

Definitely agreed on Justin Bieber. Yuck he sucks. Not a fan of Katy Perry either but she bothers me less than Bieber.

amorescudero
08-25-2011, 11:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMCMlNyySvo

My neck my back-Khia

I think this is the WORST song to play in a SC. I am sorry....but its just so fucking typical...trashy...and ANNOYING!! Unless you work in the ghetto...then DONT dance to this damn song. I have seen guests get up and leave bc of this stupid ass song (usually older white men...) Ive heard them say "hell no I am not staying here listening to this shit".

I seriously am thinking about deleting it from the computer at my work so girls cant play it}:D

Bennu
08-25-2011, 03:56 PM
^^^^ Don't know if I'd get up and leave if they played this at the club, probably just sit there and lmfao.:D I see your point though.

sammii
08-27-2011, 04:27 AM
My guilty pleasure song is Friday by Rebecca Black. I get it stuck in my head and I have to listen to it. I don't know how I manage to get an annoying, whiny 13 year old girls voice stuck in my head, but it happens. :-\ Can someone tell me why the hell "Baby" by Justin Beiber is so popular? I could have written a chorus with the SAME DAMN WORD repeated 10 times. It's not rocket science.

Katy Perry - Firework
I hate that fucking song..it's on every damn commercial, advertisement, radio station (well, TGIF is now) and I was gonna shoot myself on the 4th of July after hearing it 10239489 times!!
Ditto! I actually liked the song at the beginning; I just got sick of hearing it on every commercial.

Bennu
08-27-2011, 12:00 PM
My guilty pleasure song is Friday by Rebecca Black. I get it stuck in my head and I have to listen to it. I don't know how I manage to get an annoying, whiny 13 year old girls voice stuck in my head, but it happens. :-\ Can someone tell me why the hell "Baby" by Justin Beiber is so popular? I could have written a chorus with the SAME DAMN WORD repeated 10 times. It's not rocket science.

Ditto! I actually liked the song at the beginning; I just got sick of hearing it on every commercial.

There are a lot of tween girls out there, that have an annoying, whiny 13 year old girl's voice stuck in their heads.;)}:D

amorescudero
09-01-2011, 11:01 AM
Another song I would love to delete off the computer at work.....Hey baby by britney spears...

I HATE THIS FUCKING SONG. Its NOT sexy. And whats worse....the girls that dance to it wear their goddamn school girl uniform everytime >.< grrrr

CasablancaDJ
02-05-2012, 01:42 AM
Some of you ladies really know your music, I'm impressed!

aussiebelle
02-05-2012, 04:33 AM
My guilty pleasures are mostly typical girly music. Love Taylor Swift, old school Britney Spears and Kylie Minogue.

Kellydancer
02-05-2012, 12:20 PM
Some of you ladies really know your music, I'm impressed!

I will admit I don't know many of today's music except from commercials but so much of it is so bad. I feel bad for the teens today because most will never know good music. There's some decent music today but so much garbage.

Another bad song one dancer used to dance to was called the Percolator. That was a song anyone could write since it has something like 5 words or so in between dance beats.

CasablancaDJ
02-06-2012, 07:19 AM
I know what ur saying, the harmony is gone! Balance and beauty in music is rare nowadays, music is becoming more mechanical and canned ... but I do play good music for myself to stay balanced!