PDA

View Full Version : Buying drinks

Dancingfool
08-16-2011, 03:34 PM
I don't have any problem buying ladies some drinks. I go to the club to have some fun, chill out and have fun. I have no problem when the girl wants to have some drinks with me.

The thing I hate is when the girl asks me to buy her a drink. I always say no problem, usually no matter who the girl is. Them, when she asks me for pineapple juice or something stupid like that I get annoyed. I don't want to pay for some $10 glass of juice for you. you wanna do a few shots, hang out for a few minutes, have some fun.....no problem. Oh, you don't drink? You have the wrong job!!!!!

yoda57us
08-16-2011, 04:33 PM
Why is it important to you that they are drinking alcohol? Is it because you are too cheap to buy them anything more than a $5 beer or is it that you think you have a better chance with them if they are drunk? It must really piss you off when they order a bottled water! I mean, jeez, they can get that for free OTC!

You are at the club to have fun, they are their to earn a living. Here's the thing, they are only sitting with you and letting you buy them drinks as a prelude to selling you lap dances. What they drink is going to have no effect on how much fun you have with them. Your wallet and your attitude will.

Oh, let me guess, you don't buy dances, you just sit at the bar and chill...

rickdugan
08-16-2011, 04:46 PM
I'm firmly planted in the middle of the road on this one.

I am generally a bar hanger, but I tip good money for a girl that entertains me. I don't mind if she drinks non-alcoholic beverages, but I will admit that I do enjoy it more when she is drinking with me, even if she is drinking slower and/or weaker stuff.

DF, I hear what you are saying, but yoda makes a good point about this being her job. If these girls drank alcohol with every guy who wanted to buy them a drink then they would spend their nights wasted and broke.

Yoda, I hear what you are saying about the LD focus, but IMHO a smart dancer has multiple services to sell, not just one. If DF was willing to make sure that she did not lose money for the time she spent with him then I don't see a problem with her hanging with him at the bar and maybe even sharing a drink with him.

Anyway, just my :twocents:

yoda57us
08-16-2011, 05:46 PM
If DF was willing to make sure that she did not lose money for the time she spent with him then I don't see a problem with her hanging with him at the bar and maybe even sharing a drink with him.

Actually rick neither do I. My problem is with the tone of his post. I drink water in the clubs so my favs generally do the same because they know they don't have to "drink with me" to get my money. That doesn't mean that they won't drink with a guy who needs that as part of the deal. What they won't do is waste time with a guy who isn't spending.

I obviously don't know what DF's intentions are in the club, I was just taking a slightly sarcastic shot based on his whine about wanting girls to sit and drink with him...I could be totally wrong, but that doesn't usually stop me from taking a shot. I go on my gut...

Raider
08-16-2011, 06:04 PM
I don't know how I would feel about working at a job where I was expected to drink night after night. I can only believe there would be times where I would want a night off and have juice or a water.

That being said, it is annoying though when approached and you buy a drink in the first few minutes. Upon getting the drink, they get up and leave without any consideration of whether you want a dance or not. Not looking for much in return but at least sit for a song and converse if I was polite enough to buy a drink. Also, when I offer to buy a drink, it is annoying to me when they accept and then order double jack and coke, an additional shot on the side and a can of Red Bull. I mean, damn...really?? It is one thing if I know the lady and know what to expect but I dont expect that first time around. ha.....

yoda57us
08-16-2011, 10:02 PM
^ The drink quotas don't seem to be an issue anymore in the clubs I am frequenting currently though I know in the past this was not the case. In one place they actually LIMIT the number of alcoholic drinks a dancer can order during her shift. LOL, quite a change from the way it used to be!

As far as price goes well, it's a strip club, every drink is overpriced. I honestly don't go to a club worrying about how much drinks are going to cost me. In my local clubs I have a routine down to the number of drinks I know my fav is going to get during my visit but when I travel I just bring enough cash so that it's not an issue.

Flickdreams
08-16-2011, 10:40 PM
How about if she drinks a fake drink to appease you Dancingfool? Let the girl drink what she wants to drink, she will be far more relaxed (and therfore fun to be with) with a man who doesn't have strings attached to his offer...

Preconcieved notions of 'what you get' for any money spent on behalf of a dancer will depend on the individual girl. Drinks don't pay my bills nor do they pay yours gents! Try and understand the mental motivation behind a dancer leaving quickly (tho perhaps out of courtesy not immediately).
If there is a prospect in the room who will give her the cold hard cash she has to prioritize him if your intentions are not to tip/dance.
I see drinks as a social more, a preamble to having a dance or booking my time. If it becomes clear that you are not interested in my entertainment enough to value my time by giving me $ then I will leave.
Moreso, if you are buying drinks for every girl and not being stimulated enough by any that cross your path to tip them/give them $ then perhaps you are in the wrong club...

Understand that to the ladies a drink does not = time paid for. It is not a lucrative investment of our resources. The girl has already invested time and resources to be in the club, made up and glammed up; if you really want to be 'nice' she would far rather the $ over drink, or a drink with a tip for time. Suprise! the alcohol is actually for the customers not us girls! If you want drinking buddies you will need to pay for their time (perhaps then they may choose alcohol). Maybe you should state your requirements for your spend up front!!! Be prepared to get ignored/laughed at etc.

Is it really that difficult to comprehend DancingFool?

Brandi_Lynn
08-16-2011, 10:55 PM
I don't have any problem buying ladies some drinks. I go to the club to have some fun, chill out and have fun. I have no problem when the girl wants to have some drinks with me.

The thing I hate is when the girl asks me to buy her a drink. I always say no problem, usually no matter who the girl is. Them, when she asks me for pineapple juice or something stupid like that I get annoyed. I don't want to pay for some $10 glass of juice for you. you wanna do a few shots, hang out for a few minutes, have some fun.....no problem. Oh, you don't drink? You have the wrong job!!!!!

Actually, no I would have the wrong job if I didn't like to take my clothes off for money. Just pointing out the obvious..... ::)

Btw, keep in mind not everyone can drink. Some girls are put on a don't drink list at the club because they are too young, have been a problem in the past, or like myself a struggling alcoholic. Food for thought.

Flickdreams
08-17-2011, 12:51 AM
How about if she drinks a fake drink to appease you Dancingfool? Let the girl drink what she wants to drink, she will be far more relaxed (and therfore fun to be with) with a man who doesn't have strings attached to his offer...

Preconceived notions of 'what you get' for any money spent on behalf of a dancer will depend on the individual girl. Drinks don't pay my bills nor do they pay yours gents! Try and understand the mental motivation behind a dancer leaving quickly (tho perhaps out of courtesy not immediately).
If there is a prospect in the room who will give her the cold hard cash she has to prioritize him if your intentions are not to tip/dance.
I see drinks as a social more, a preamble to having a dance or booking my time. If it becomes clear that you are not interested in my entertainment to value my time by giving me $ then I will leave.
Moreso, if you are buying drinks for every girl and not being stimulated enough by any that cross your path to tip them/give them $ then perhaps you are in the wrong club...

Understand that to the ladies a drink does not = time paid for. It is not a lucrative investment of our resources. The girl has already invested time and resources to be in the club, made up and glammed up; if you really want to be 'nice' she would far rather the $ over drink, or a drink with a tip for time. Surprise! The alcohol is actually for the customers not us girls! If you want drinking buddies you will need to pay for their time (perhaps then they may choose alcohol). Maybe you should state your requirements for your spend up front!!! Be prepared to get ignored/laughed at etc.

Is it really that difficult to comprehend DancingFool?

bem401
08-17-2011, 03:42 AM
I was always more than happy to buy drinks for the people I was there to see. Random girls I wasn't familiar with asking for a drink were refused more often than not.

Flickdreams
08-17-2011, 04:49 AM
Yeah bem401, but did you give them a list of pre-approved drinks they were allowed to choose!

bem401
08-17-2011, 09:12 AM
Yeah bem401, but did you give them a list of pre-approved drinks they were allowed to choose!

No, they were welcome to drink whatever they wanted (within reason). And generally speaking, they eventually declined my drink offers so consistently (some didn't drink and others preferred hitting up others for drinks) that I stopped even offering and they'd ask on the rare occasions they wanted one.

Dancingfool
08-17-2011, 09:28 AM
If I ask a girl that's hanging out if she wants a drink and she asks for anything I have no problem with that. A girl that comes out of the middle of nowhere and asks me for a drink and then wants juice to reach her drink quota from me, I have a problem with.

It's OK if you guys feel differently, I'm just saying how I feel. The bar charges you $8-$10 for a juice and half the time the girl never even takes a sip of it. If that's ok with you guys, so be it.

I have been going to strip clubs for 20 years, some girls really like me and some girls really hate me. I know my attitude and personality has changed over time but I do feel that s strip club is a place for fun and I do know it's a bar.

I know a girl is at work but she does work at a bar, and drinking is one of the things that goes on at a bar, it's the way that I feel in this stage of my life.

There are a lot of strip clubs in New York that still have smoking as well. I am a smoker so i kind of like those clubs but a lot of the girls that work there can't stand the smoke and they complain about it. Just a thought though, maybe you should work at a different club where you won't have that problem.

Maybe I just really am an a-hole and I am that customer that you girls can't stand. Somehow I just don't think that's the case. It feels like I am liked where I go, I have a repair shop and a lot of the dancers in the clubs are my customers and they are always referring new girls to come to me to repair their cars. I am one of the more expensive shops in town but they trust that I am not robbing them and charging them for things that they don't need.

I just happen to like strip clubs better than regular bars and that's why I go. You can all flame me all you want, I don't care. If your gonna ask me for a drink I would rather pay $10 for a drink then for a juice that you are going to leave on the bar without taking a sip.

Flickdreams
08-17-2011, 10:04 PM
^Why not just say no? or pay the drink quota off for the girls you particularly like (or who bring you business)