PDA

View Full Version : Tipping the DJ / Manager

BouncerDude
09-19-2011, 10:53 AM
Has anyone tipped the DJ or floor manager. Or bought em a drink? I regularly buy the front desk girl a glass of wine. She no longer charges me cover, although that was not the intent. We just chat for a few mins. Then I go in and ask the waitress to send a glass of wine up front. Truth be told, I would buy dances from her if she were a dancer.

rickdugan
09-19-2011, 04:27 PM
Over the years I have tipped a few floor managers, particularly when they have either done something for me or stayed away, whichever was needed at that particular moment. ;) But during an ordinary club visit? No.

racejeff
09-19-2011, 05:10 PM
My favorite and I had this discussion last week. Rick, what are the type of services that you might tip for?

Rick's bought a local club and now have floor mangers as room hosts. She and I decided there were for reason to tip them unless they provided a special service such as stopping the clock for a bathroom break.

Over the years I have tipped a few floor managers, particularly when they have either done something for me or stayed away, whichever was needed at that particular moment. ;) But during an ordinary club visit? No.

JoeUnCool
09-20-2011, 05:19 AM
I tip for the following things:
1. I have tipped a DJ to play a specific song. It also got my club fave out of a stage set as well.
2. I will sometimes tip the vip host. It depends if he's a hassle or not. Guys that don't bother me get tips. Guys that hassle me, get nothing. I know pretty much who they are before hand, so they get a $20 for not being a jerk.
3. If a waitress or bartender is good, nice, or similarly customer focused (BTW, I don't need a lot of hand holding, nor am I jerk), they get a little extra tip. This could be for doing their job, being very clean, answering my questions, or merely holding a good conversation.