PDA

View Full Version : I wanted to do Streamate also but then I found out they only pay 35%, er, fuck that!

21stcenturyfox
10-20-2011, 02:22 PM
Anyone know any other sites that pay better and dont force me to do free chat???

goreantx
10-20-2011, 02:25 PM
Streamate pays great, it's all about the volume. How are guys gonna know if they want you without a free preview? :)

21stcenturyfox
10-20-2011, 02:29 PM
Im on AW and I dont do free preview, I have an extensive profile that tells them all about me, as well as a gallery and videos. They dont need to see me for free to know they want me or not.

35% is not great in the slightest!

Ms.Lacey
10-20-2011, 02:31 PM
So why do you just stay with AW? That's the site with a higher payout and paid chat. I think you have the answer to your question.

PrincessJenny
10-20-2011, 02:31 PM
Hi, at first glance the 35% does seem low, but its 35% of a larger chunk.

SM is a good earner and should be tested by everyone I think, no harm in it :)

ElianaIsis
10-20-2011, 02:32 PM
Here's a thread about paid chat sites.

http://forum.stripperweb.com/showthread.php?t=159919&highlight=indy+listing+sites

21stcenturyfox
10-20-2011, 02:37 PM
So why do you just stay with AW? That's the site with a higher payout and paid chat. I think you have the answer to your question.

I LOVE AW, but I want to cam on more than one site so that when one is quite, another one can fill in the blanks :)

21stcenturyfox
10-20-2011, 02:38 PM
Hi, at first glance the 35% does seem low, but its 35% of a larger chunk.

SM is a good earner and should be tested by everyone I think, no harm in it :)

What does 35% of a larger chunk mean? :)

MissKatie
10-20-2011, 02:42 PM
Anyone know any other sites that pay better and dont force me to do free chat???

Although the % is crap, in the past SM has always been a good backup site for me, and that's even with me being in UK and all the conversion charges etc. The traffic has been good enough that i can make almost as much as i do on my best site which pays 70%. SM's affiliate program is a great way to make extra money on there. I only have a couple of sign ups under my banner, but the extra money for nothing is a lovely surprise :D

However, SM seems to have gone downhill in the last month and traffic has slown right down. I don't cam there regularly though so it may be different for other girls.

Just wanted to post to let you know that % doesn't always dictate where you will do best. Traffic, and just where you fit in most are the best indicators x

Ms.Lacey
10-20-2011, 02:45 PM
What does 35% of a larger chunk mean? :)

Try SM for a week and see what you get as far as income goes and make the decision

21stcenturyfox
10-20-2011, 02:45 PM
Okay, thanks for pointing that out MissKatie, maybe I will give it a try, altho I am a non-nude fetish niche model haha! Yeah, was also worried about such a low percentage and then the extra cut for being in the UK! But I'll give it a go :)

I just really want a couple more cam sites to work at the same time so I dont get bored and discouraged easily!

MissKatie
10-20-2011, 02:56 PM
I'm on DP for SM, cuts out the hefty fees :D

There are a bunch of different cam sites out there although probably the main ones everyone here talks about are of course sm, mfc, imlive, and aw. It can pay to check out the smaller, lesser known sites because you've got the whole big fish in a small pond thing and could stand to make quite a bit. I'm checking out a couple of sites like that right now and at least getting more exposure/ traffic to my main money making sites if nothing else x

naughtycamgirl
10-20-2011, 02:57 PM
You have to choose :
High traffic website with low% for model or low traffic website with high% for model

MissKatie
10-20-2011, 03:01 PM
You have to choose :
High traffic website with low% for model or low traffic website with high% for model

There are high % sites with plenty of traffic too so it's not just a choice between those two things at all. high traffic isn't always good traffic. Would you prefer a site with 1000 hits to your page and only 1private show, or only 10 page hits, but 7 private shows?

Also, for us girls in UK we have to take into consideration the extra fees/ charges and weigh up if sites like SM are really worth it.

sweetheather
10-20-2011, 04:16 PM
Sm is my highest grossing site. I make more on there than anywhere else I cam, despite having the lowest %. Sure it sucks knowing that it could be more, bit my checks are still enough to keep me there. Sm is my best 'fit' so its worth, give it a whirl and see off is the same for you.

CamWhore
10-20-2011, 04:26 PM
Try SM for a week and see what you get as far as income goes and make the decision
I just saw you on the front page top row, so I KNOW it must be working for you...you go girl!

;D

CamWhore
10-20-2011, 04:28 PM
Sm is my highest grossing site. I make more on there than anywhere else I cam, despite having the lowest %. Sure it sucks knowing that it could be more, bit my checks are still enough to keep me there. Sm is my best 'fit' so its worth, give it a whirl and see off is the same for you.

im on imlive the percentage is 30% .

However I make better money there than any other site. ( dont like the chargebacks but hey, thats another thread).

sweetheather
10-20-2011, 04:47 PM
^I just meant out of the sites I'm on. and I do SM through DP(I used to be with a studio so dp is my only option right now) so I get the 30%

OJenni!
10-20-2011, 07:01 PM
im on imlive the percentage is 30% .

However I make better money there than any other site. ( dont like the chargebacks but hey, thats another thread).

Yeah its weird. I have been getting back on imlive lately and making more $ there then on streamate.

Do you use their free chat? I only use it for about 30 minutes a day. The rest of the time I spend in paid chat mode only. I don't like free chat, no matter what site. Why spend my free time entertaining freebie seekers when I can spend my time doing house chores, practicing my instruments and doing whatever else I need/want to do.

innes
10-20-2011, 07:28 PM
I wouldn't do SM either, 35% is ridiculous, I've always been getting at least 50% :p

Check out this thread:
http://forum.stripperweb.com/showthread.php?t=137369&highlight=cam+site+review

ManyRoses
10-20-2011, 11:19 PM
MFC has a higher percentage, but its worth noting that if you use SM's affiliate site cammodels.com to promote yourself aggressively, you get a higher cut of anyone who goes through that site.

But like many of the girls have said, if you are making more, you can still be taking home more than you would on a site with a higher % but less overall income. And 35% is pretty average...I'm a little surprised that you were so appalled by it!

MissKatie
10-21-2011, 02:36 AM
35 is not average at all, certainly not in this day and age. SM is actually the only (decent) site i know that is not competitive like that. Their percentage SUCKS and is an insult to camgirls. Most sites pay at least 50% now, which is still a rip off.

21stcenturyfox
10-21-2011, 03:31 AM
Yeah, the way I see it, only giving 35% when you are making 75% off hundreds of thousands of cam models is greedy. You would still make a mint giving a higher percentage because youve got so many models working for you.

cyberstripper
10-21-2011, 03:43 AM
Same here

Imlive>SM

I work on sm more but I pop onto IMLIVE when I am done for the night and want to keep something open in the background while I resume my normal life activities. I was getting rather disgruntled with imlive for a while there for various reasons, but compared to SM it is a cakewalk for me to make money there. For some reason, my imlive custies as a whole spend more time with me per person then on SM.

Honestly, traffic is not all paying traffic. SM may have tons of traffic but it doesnt mean the traffic spends. That is the problem with sm. They have alot of traffic sure, but I am sure the freeloaders outweigh the spenders on that site.

IMLIVE..I may not have a room full of chatters, but the few that come in SPEND.

Alot of traffic does not equate to alot of money all of the time.

naughtycamgirl
10-21-2011, 05:46 AM
There are high % sites with plenty of traffic too so it's not just a choice between those two things at all. high traffic isn't always good traffic. Would you prefer a site with 1000 hits to your page and only 1private show, or only 10 page hits, but 7 private shows?

Also, for us girls in UK we have to take into consideration the extra fees/ charges and weigh up if sites like SM are really worth it.

When I say High traffic, I mean good traffic that converts to sales (not only quantity)
Anyway, I still didn't find a good website that have a lot of GOOD traffic that pays a high % to models( except from MFC that I don't like) maybe because websites with quality traffic spend a lot of money for promotion ecc

laurielegs
10-21-2011, 09:38 AM
When I say High traffic, I mean good traffic that converts to sales (not only quantity)
Anyway, I still didn't find a good website that have a lot of GOOD traffic that pays a high % to models( except from MFC that I don't like) maybe because websites with quality traffic spend a lot of money for promotion ecc

I have had the same experience.

More percent = less paying viewers as a general rule. Even if you kept 100% if there are few to no viewers it's doing you no good. (Probably because the high percent sites have no advertising budget).

pronstar
10-21-2011, 10:36 AM
35 is not average at all, certainly not in this day and age. SM is actually the only (decent) site i know that is not competitive like that. Their percentage SUCKS and is an insult to camgirls. Most sites pay at least 50% now, which is still a rip off.

mind sharing which ones? and do they allow couples shows? My BF and I are looking for a new "home" 35% from sm is really starting to eat at us.

PrincessJenny
10-21-2011, 10:39 AM
Adultwork, Naked, MyFreeCams and Cams.

I know MFC and Adultwork definitely are above 50%, the others I think are but you'd need to check.

tinydancer23
10-21-2011, 11:20 AM
cams is 29-30% i think (they say 45% but take an additional 15% or so of that in fees). they take couples. naked doesn't take guys or couples and they're 40%-50%. mfc also doesn't take couples (women only) but pays out 50-60%.

OJenni!
10-21-2011, 11:29 AM
Niteflirt also allows couples. Payout there is around 70%. But you have to be able to drive your own traffic for the most part.

seductive crystal
10-21-2011, 01:47 PM
i can put it in dollars and cents for you. Im also an AW girl i have 250+ feedback i sell videos and have a private gallery etc. If I cam on AW my daily goal is about 250 (approx 250 USD). on AW it takes me about 3.5-4 hours to hit that which is fine.

BUT on streamate i can hit 400 per day easily with under 3 hours of work .

And thats with a 35 % cut. despite the admittedly shitty share.. its been a MASSIVE increase in earnings for me.

so yes a smaller percent of a bigger pie can definitely mean more cash in your pocket.

sm = fantastic

TheBrownFox
10-21-2011, 01:57 PM
Hmmm. So maybe I should give ImLive another shot? I've been thinking about and missing that site so much lately. I just HATE the chargebacks though.

ManyRoses
10-21-2011, 02:34 PM
Niteflirt also allows couples. Payout there is around 70%. But you have to be able to drive your own traffic for the most part.

Hell yes you have to drive your own traffic!!! I signed up as part of my experimentation with splitcamming other sites, and thought that I would do just some phone only stuff to start. I've been logged in for, oh, three days now. I haven't had a single call.

I've found that the sites that have the least in fees and chargebacks have the smallest percentages. 35% may seem low (bear in mind that if you drive traffic through the afflilate cammodels.com site you get almost double that) but with NO chargebacks and other fees, it works out ok. Most of the sites that I know that have higher percentages just don't work as well for me, so there is no point. The ONE exception is MFC.

Camgirltee
10-21-2011, 02:44 PM
I am on cams.com thy pay out 45% and I love it there! They even have a fan club for the models. You don't even have to do free chat! They have nude chat. Please use the link below to sign up!

stephylynn
11-07-2011, 12:35 AM
Girl get your self to the best site for indy and make all the money 100%
www.camgirlspot.com

TXCamgirl
11-07-2011, 05:01 AM
I didn't like it either but I do makes lots of money on there when I actually do work it. 35% of something is better than 35$ of nothing.