PDA

View Full Version : need to stop being so high maintenance?...

JuicYJocelyN
12-14-2011, 02:15 PM
OK i know this question/concern has been posted somewhere sometime and I know I should not be like this...but can't help it!!! When I don't get tipped/tips onstage I become/get bratty and discouraged and don't want to work (for the rest of that night); everyone, the dj, manager, other girls tell me cannot take it personal, just cuz they didn't tip doesn't mean they don't like you or won't spend or get dances etc yea i heard it all. But my mentality (and i dont think no matter how many different "excuses/reason" there are) is if they don't even tip me or look at me onstage why am i gonna even go talk to them let alone ask to dance? dj etc always say i'm so high maintenance! there are girls who do mad pole tricks ...and nobody tips/tipped her but she kept conitinuing her stage set and didn't let it fuck w her/her night geez i need to get over myself huh!

yoda57us
12-14-2011, 03:06 PM
Did you mean to post this in the customer section? If you did then, I agree, you need to develop a thicker skin and get over it. If you are walking around the club in a rotten mood it's going to make it that much harder for you to sell dances. That will cost you a lot more than what you may be losing on stage tips...

LittleSnuglet
12-14-2011, 06:43 PM
^^^^ This!

Some customers only spend money on their ATFs. Many of the members in the pink/blue can attest to this. So it really is nothing personal. Of course there are some whose sole purpose is to pay the cover and enjoy the show (without tipping).

Once I saw a potential favorite just walk out mid-show in a foul mood because there wasn't the minimum amount of tips on stage. Another stopped mid-performance and yelled "I want see at least $20 to continue!." And when they came around asking the obvious question, I gave them the obvious response. "No, Thank you."

rickdugan
12-14-2011, 08:27 PM
Look, the simple reality is that many guys are not inclined to get up and stand around at a stage in order to tip a girl. You shouldn't take it personally and, in many cases, it has nothing to do with you. In fact, I'll go so far as to say that some of the guys who don't want to be on display, with you wagging your ass or putting your tits in his face for the whole club to watch, might be your best potential customers. In fact, walking up to a stage and getting a public mini-show for a small tip has always seemed a little cheesy and just plain undignified to me as well.

IMHO you shouldn't let something that has nothing to do with you fuck you up like that.

lopaw
12-14-2011, 08:40 PM
If you come to one of the clubs I frequent I promise to tip you.
Just wear a big carnation or something so I'll know who you are ;).

LittleSnuglet
12-14-2011, 09:22 PM

I have a nagging feeling that I've read this line from a cheesy romance novel somewhere...

lopaw
12-14-2011, 10:37 PM
I have a nagging feeling that I've read this line from a cheesy romance novel somewhere...

lol
I got "cheap drugstore novel" written all over me! :P

strongguy
12-15-2011, 08:49 AM
Don't take it personal. Let me list some of the reasons I may not tip:
1. Just arrived
2. Need to use the little boy's room
3. The music choice is really, really not to my liking
4. I haven't figured out the tipping 'rules' at this club at this time
5. I just don't feel like getting up
6. I'm waiting for singles
7. My attention is elsewhere - again, nothing against the girl on stage. I may be trying to get a dancer or the the waitress
8. I can't get to the stage without rearranging the room.
9. No one else has tipped yet and/or I'm feeling particularly shy
10. Someone appears to be trying to start a 'tip war'
11. I don't like the girl onstage or I don't want her asking if I want a dance
12. I'm out of tip money - everything left is strictly for private dances (and that tip).

JuicYJocelyN
12-16-2011, 02:19 AM

tee hee! it's in arcadia....~ amber!

luscious sadie
12-16-2011, 02:30 AM
come and work in Canada where it is rare to get tipped on stage and rarer for talking to a customer.

wall
12-17-2011, 01:30 PM
But my mentality (and i dont think no matter how many different "excuses/reason" there are) is if they don't even tip me or look at me onstage why am i gonna even go talk to them let alone ask to dance?

Wouldn't worry about it. No telling what is going on in guy's life that's resulting in no tips. If it's everybody, could be no guy wants to be the first. Been plenty of times I've been the first and nobody wanted to be the second. If it's particularly bad (like the gal is really trying to put on good show tips or no tips) I'll toss a side glance to shame a dollar or two out of someone else. But it's nothing to take personally. I do think it's bad form if a guy gets up from the tip rail after a dance has started without leaving a buck or two if he has one. Without using too many words to explain, you cheapos reading this know what I mean.

Anyhow, I totally get why it might sting a bit. Some of the custies have been at the hobby so long they probably can't remember how it sucked when they sat around with money to spend waiting for their favorite dancer of the moment who didn't give them a look. Eventually the lightbulb goes off that it's just business and you just figure out what to bring to the table to get her attention. Sometimes it's money. Sometimes it isn't. Sometimes it really is she just isn't into you, but there's always another dancer just like there's always another customer.

lopaw
12-19-2011, 08:39 PM
tee hee! it's in arcadia....~ amber!

I foresee a visit to Arcadia in my near future! ;)

KeithDoxen
12-21-2011, 10:16 PM
if they don't even tip me or look at me onstage why am i gonna even go talk to them let alone ask to dance?

I think your biggest problem is that you are going into the club with the same mentality as if you were going out socially with your friends. When you go to a bar with your friends and none of the guys approach you or buy you a drink, you probably feel let down, don't particularly feel like talking to any of the guys there, would prefer to leave and go to another establishment with friendlier men, etc. But when you're dancing in the strip club, you're at work. You have to develop a work mentality. You're not looking for a guy to hook up with, after all, you're looking for a guy to pay you for your time and services. So you have to sell him. If your stage dance isn't selling, then you have to try and sell lap dances. Or table dances. Or get them to buy you a drink. Clearly you won't be able to do this if you're focusing on the lack of attention and tips you received during the stage dances. Basically you just have to think of stripping as your job and approach it as if you were selling a product.