PDA

View Full Version : Big Announcement: Happy 10 year anniversary and the bright future ahead

Pryce
01-05-2012, 04:50 PM
StripperWeb first opened to the public on January 4th, 2002. Things have certainly changed since then. I was just a college kid trying to figure out what the Internet could be used for. At the same time, a group of exotic dancers were in need of a virtual hang out to call home. After 6 months and a LOT of late nights, we had a whopping 74 members! That was incredible in those days. Fast forward 10 years, thanks to the growth of the Internet, social media, and all of you posting - we now get 30-50 new members DAILY.

Over the years, as a community, through the ups and downs, we have always remained true to why we gather here - to build a place where exotic dancers of all kinds (camgirls included) can find support. I also believe we're doing a better job of that than ever before. We have accomplished something that has never been done before, and for my part in that, I am proud. I hope you are too. That brings me to my announcement.

StripperWeb is ready to be taken to the next level. To accomplish that, the site needs a professional and dedicated group of developers and administrators who can build it up to support a community of this size. I am happy to announce that we have found just the team to do so. They will be taking over my role going forward. Wayne is an experienced consultant with access to quality resources. He will be leading a team that is committed to keeping what works and improving the things that are not.

Things that will stay the same:

The social atmosphere you're used to
Our current site coordinator/administrator
Our team of moderators (all are invited to stay)

Things that will be improved:

Slow page loads
Nightly outages
Outdated software and incomplete features

I am excited for SW's future under this new team and can't wait to see what they will be able to grow this community into over the next 10 years.

Before I finish, I would like to thank those who have helped me. In no particular order:

All of YOU!
Without the members of this site, it would be a quiet place...even with its awesome pink pages. Thank you for giving your time and sharing your knowledge to make this forum the place it is. Thank you for teaching me so much about your industry, your lives, human nature, and most importantly, myself. So many of you have given your time to help your peers. I ask that you continue to do so for your own sake - it makes all of you stronger. Remember to be kind to each other. It is important that the culture here encourage and respect kindness. It is what will continue to grow your numbers and therefore your strength. Pay attention to how people treat the new girls, that is where you will see their true character and how they will treat you in the long run.

The Moderators
This is for ALL moderators - current, those who have left, and those who still occasionally lurk. I know moderating is often a thankless job. You have put your virtual reputation on the line, in front of your friends, and dedicated your time to help improve this place for everyone else. It takes courage, sacrifice, and a strong will. I am grateful for you. It is no secret that one person alone cannot run this place. It is only with your help that it has been able to grow into the place it has. You are the people on the front line, day to day. Thank you from me and the entire community. Beyond what you have done in your own forums, many of you have provided counsel and advice to me over the years - thank you. You have all been unique in your own ways and an intriguing set of personalities, and it has been an honor getting to know each of you. I wish there had been more time to meet offline. To the current moderators, I ask that you please continue to help this community and keep it true to the ideals this place was founded on.

"The Other Owner"
Thank you so much for your support over the past 6 years. You offered to carry most of our financial burden at a critical time. Since then, no matter what, you have stayed true to your words and continued to help significantly. I respect the loyalty you have shown. Additionally, at times when the site needed extra funds to complete hardware upgrades or software updates, again you contributed. I thank you on behalf of the community.

"StripperWeb" - Our Site Coordinator/Administrator
You are our secret ingredient. Few understand how much work goes into running a site like this. Your contributions have been invaluable. Thank you for making sure that everything that needs to happen behind the scenes does.

I thank all of you for making SW your home and for sharing this space with me. It has truly been an amazing experience. And with that...I leave you with the best advice I have ever heard:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfq_A8nXMsQ

PrincessJenny
01-05-2012, 05:07 PM
Love SW to bits!!! Long live SW and the community :grouphug:

Happy 10th Anniversary x

StripperWeb
01-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Pryce, words cannot fully express how thankful I am to have found you and this community. Thank you for creating this beautiful crazy community. Thank you for your dedication to the site and its members. Thank you for your determination, your kindness, your grace. Thank you for every single thing you've done over the last decade to ensure the success of this community. We will continue to thrive because you refused to give up! You will forever be a part of SW. :drink: :hug:

strippername
01-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Wow..I am so happy to have been here for nine years. (I deleted my old account) I totally forgot that websites have birthdays, too. Happy birthday, Stripperweb! It has been a great resource for me over the years. I am genuinely excited for Stripperweb's little facelift. :D

Thank you!

Sophia_Starina
01-05-2012, 06:03 PM
Congratulations Pryce! :D

Happy Birthday SW!

http://www.btlife.bt.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Birthday_Candles2-420x315.jpg

http://marisaskitchentalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/happy-10th-birthday.jpg

http://rlv.zcache.com/happy_10th_birthday_card-p137886349544804752z85g9_400.jpg

--Love, Sophia_Starina

unbeleavable
01-05-2012, 06:17 PM
I would like to thank all...THANK YOU

charlie61
01-05-2012, 06:36 PM
I am so incredibly thankful that this community exists, and that you understand how powerful this space is to us. You want to talk thankless jobs....owning a site like this (and running it) is a thankless job. Cyberspace can breed a certain amount of apathy for human relationships.

So thank you for seeing the value in this. I would've gone insane long ago without StripperWeb.

And thank you to the rest of you who run the site--Ms. StripperWeb herself, TOO, etc.

Lastly, thank you to the loyal members who comprise this crazy, ephemeral, powerful group of people.

Grac
01-05-2012, 07:06 PM
Thank you so much for your hard work and dedication--happy anniversary!

charlie61
01-05-2012, 07:08 PM
Also, WELCOME TO OUR COMMUNITY, WAYNE!

MissKatie
01-05-2012, 07:22 PM
Congrats. Happy anniversary :D xx

4everresolutions
01-05-2012, 07:42 PM
Happy 10 everyone!

Words can't express what SW means to me, and how greatly it has helped me in the past. I'm not exaggerating when I say it's changed my life, and I'm sure the lives of many women on here.

Thanks to Pryce, Stripperweb, TOO and all the mods as well.

crispy
01-05-2012, 08:29 PM
ive been here off and on for 8 years....hard to believe really. ive grown into a woman on these boards through the years (and bans) haha. im glad this place has been here even with some of the drama that it brings sometimes.

PrincessLavender
01-05-2012, 09:21 PM
Happy 10th Anniversary!!

Paris_doll
01-06-2012, 02:31 AM
Happy birthday!!!!!

juicebox69
01-06-2012, 03:17 AM
Happy 10 !

cairalis
01-06-2012, 05:10 AM
Happy birthday SW...! I really wish I would have known about you ten years ago...! But better late then never...so happy and grateful to have found you. Thank you!

crystalize
01-06-2012, 07:14 AM
Happy Birthday Stripperweb! We love you!

CaramelKitty
01-06-2012, 11:04 AM
Happy 10th Anniversary Stripperweb! XOXO

CurvySweet
01-06-2012, 12:47 PM
Happy Birthday StripperWeb. Heres to many more to come. xxx

kikidejavu
01-06-2012, 01:11 PM
Yay Stripperweb!!!! Love it here!

Nissim-Payoneer
01-06-2012, 04:00 PM
I admire all the hard work and dedication that went into building SW. Happy 10th ;)

sol_de_pr2
01-06-2012, 08:09 PM
Happy Anniversary! :party:

cherryblossomsinspring
01-07-2012, 10:46 AM
Wow Congrats on 10 years!!! I enjoy being apart of SW community!

Nikki_Fox
01-07-2012, 10:55 AM
Happy Birthday SW - I'm so thankful to have found this wonderful internet haven! Thank you to all who made this place possible and welcome to all who will continue to do so.

iammisshoney
01-08-2012, 08:22 AM
Happy ANNIVERSARY! the lovely ladies of SW have helped me out greatly & politely, even if my questions were stupid or already answered & I really appreciate this! Thanks SW!

Anastasia Foxx
01-08-2012, 10:43 AM
Happy anniversary sw!

Naida
01-09-2012, 06:32 AM
Happy birthday, StripperWeb. Thank you for being not only the resource but the support that I have needed in my time as a dancer. I hope that there will be many more years for the both of us to grow!

Thank you, Pryce, StripperWeb, TOO, all the mods, and every crazy, lovable pink & blue.

Ten down, here's to the next ten!

Optimist
01-09-2012, 10:54 AM
Happy Freakin' Birthday SW!!!!! I can't even believe I've been on this site for 7 years!! WTF? Does time fly or what?! Thank you to all the women who have helped me over the years with everything from costume advice to boyfriend advice. Thank you to the men who have helped me with everything from hustle advice to dating advice. Thank goodness for this resource that has sustained me from one side of the country to the other and cheered me on to go out of my boundaries and out of America and test my mettle abroad. Thank you all for inspiring me to think bigger and bigger everyday, go for a g a night, then two ( :D ) and to have pride in myself as a badass sole proprietor entertainer, worthy of respect in this industry and the world in general. I will be forever grateful and forever in your debt. SMOOCHES!

LaceyCummings
10-19-2012, 05:20 PM
Happy Anniversary SW!

I am so grateful for all the helpful information and the sense of community that I get here. SW might as well be my home page. As soon as I type in 's' my browser knows what time it is.

Reading the forums has been priceless to me professionally as well as personally. Part of the gift of SW, for me, is the opportunity to give back to the online community and pay forward the help that I have received from more experienced girls, by passing on useful information that comes my way.

Having somewhere to vent, share, learn, and laugh about work means a lot to me. I feel like camming can be very isolating. SW improves my life in a very real way. You are appreciated!

Thank you mods!!!
Thank you everyone who makes SW so great!

FBR
10-21-2012, 01:14 PM
SW is a great community and thank you Pryce for keeping it going through some tough times. And a "thank you" also to the Moderators and Stripperweb (our hottest Admin :P). I'm not that active anymore but Lord knows I was probably too active for quite a few years so the site may be better off that I'm quiet :) Websites come and go but it's nice that after nearly 10 years (for me) SW is still here! :)

FBR

randy81818
06-01-2016, 12:43 AM
Nice! Happy ANNIVERSARY!

PrincessAaliyahh
04-27-2019, 01:07 PM
Congratulations happy aanniversary

whirlerz
06-04-2019, 06:32 AM
Happy Happy

Bahuba
06-04-2019, 07:27 AM
Well this would be the 17th anniversary then, wouldn't it?

kattitude
03-03-2022, 11:16 AM
Happy 20th Anniversary SW!! :D

slowpoke
03-03-2022, 07:24 PM
Apparently so.

FrankieSkyPrivate
04-26-2022, 01:51 AM
Congratulations for the amazing work and thank you for your hard work!!!

FrankieSkyPrivate
06-22-2022, 03:34 AM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! thank you for creating this amazing place where everyone is free to express themself and help others... Cheers with champagne!