PDA

View Full Version : Potential Impact On Dancers / College Girls re new Young 'Illegal Immigrants' Order

Pages : 1 [2]

Sophia_Starina
06-19-2012, 10:52 AM
Do you really want to cite the efficient operations of police, fire, and education systems as good reason to let the government control healthcare? I teach public school. The system is an unmitigated disaster for the students. What about the mail service? Look how efficiently that runs. The government does nothing as well as private industry. Nothing (national defense excluded obviously).

Bem401, buddy, pal, chief.... I went to public school from grades 1-12. I just recently wrapped up my spring semester in a private University. I have excelled in both public and private educational environments. I did not feel disadvantaged... like... at all. In fact I feel that the quality of education I received in public school benefits me greatly.

I have never... and I mean NEVER... had any reasonable cause to assert that public school is an unmitigated disaster.

Also, the postal service works fine. They are just hurting for cash because everyone texts or sends emails online. But that is just a tangent.

bem401
06-19-2012, 10:57 AM
Fucking aye! Pinko Communist CUBA! Arrrrrrgh! (sarcasm alert) j/k j/k j/k

They are actually training AMERICAN medical students.... for.... FREE!

Imagine that.

As long as the student is fluent in Spanish, qualifies for the requirements, and agrees to work with the poor (in their native country or elsewhere for a set period of time)... they get a full scholarship to the med school. After the student-turned-doctor pays their dues working with the poor or pro-bono, they are free to pursue what ever other path they choose.

I feel that bem401's assertion that "other countries supply inferior healthcare" is ridiculous.

There has been plenty of discussion regarding the nurse/doctor shortage in recent threads. I wonder why that could be the case? Maybe because we don't have a program similar to (I still giggle every time I say it) CUBA???

I urge bem401 to beware... your general practitioner may very well have studied medicine through one of these programs. Just keep that in mind.

Well, if and when you someday need surgery, go to Cuba. I personally had surgery here I probably wouldn't have survived at the hands of a doctor outside America. I was told I was lucky to have survived it here at the hands of the pre-eminent surgeon in the state. If Obamacare survives, there will be lower quality treatment in America.

In an effort to get back on track, if out health care is so bad and Cuba is so good, why do Cubans row 80 or so miles to get here illegally, not to mention what people from other countries also do in the same endeavor?

Sophia_Starina
06-19-2012, 11:17 AM
Well, if and when you someday need surgery, go to Cuba. I personally had surgery here I probably wouldn't have survived at the hands of a doctor outside America. I was told I was lucky to have survived it here at the hands of the pre-eminent surgeon in the state. If Obamacare survives, there will be lower quality treatment in America.

In an effort to get back on track, if out health care is so bad and Cuba is so good, why do Cubans row 80 or so miles to get here illegally, not to mention what people from other countries also do in the same endeavor?

Oh for fuckssake.

That is akin to saying: "If you love it so much why don't you marry it?"

Bem, my friend. Don't you know that ambulances ain't amphibious vehicles capable of floating from Jersey to Cuba? :P

Also, no one is saying Cuba is the bee's-knees. But even though they are pretty bad-off, they still place a certain level of priority on the wellbeing of their citizens. That is all I was trying to say.

Whilst we are getting back on track, Cubans don't come here for the healthcare. There is a hot mess of other things they are trying to escape from.

DISCLAIMER: I do not condone coming to a country illegally.

Your quote:
"If Obamacare survives, there will be lower quality treatment in America. "
Based on what evidence exactly?

"I probably wouldn't have survived at the hands of a doctor outside America."

This is all hypothetical ^^^. It is pure speculation, supposition and goodness knows what other amorphous, nebulous, nonsense.

No offense.

Also, total aside, but:

Writing or implying that I will need surgery some day is completely and totally fucked up. I urge you to undo that nasty mojo and apologize. Take it back, knock on wood, and pray to the stripper gods. I was actually quite hurt by that. I do not appreciate it in the least. I am serious. So please, take it back.

bem401
06-19-2012, 11:19 AM
Bem401, buddy, pal, chief.... I went to public school from grades 1-12. I just recently wrapped up my spring semester in a private University. I have excelled in both public and private educational environments. I did not feel disadvantaged... like... at all. In fact I feel that the quality of education I received in public school benefits me greatly.

I have never... and I mean NEVER... had any reasonable cause to assert that public school is an unmitigated disaster.

Also, the postal service works fine. They are just hurting for cash because everyone texts or sends emails online. But that is just a tangent.

I'll try to remember that next time I find myself tutoring college students in their multiplication tables. I had 3 of them this year. And the post office began struggling long before the advent of emails and texts.

roast
06-19-2012, 11:20 AM
Wow, this totally apolitical discussion about potential changes people may possibly face in the stripclub industry is very illuminating. Im so glad I read through it.

Sophia_Starina
06-19-2012, 11:28 AM
Roast: ^^^ :laughing: LOL

Kellydancer
06-19-2012, 11:38 AM
Ok for those of you who don't see the problem with illegals I went to the Illinois Department of Public Aid to prove my point:

You do not have to be a citizen or a legal immigrant to get Moms & Babies.
You do not need to have a Social Security number to get Moms & Babies

This is just ONE of the many programs on their website that state this. Still want to say illegal immigration is fine, that we should cater to them and all of that? Well I don't, I keep seeing my taxes go up to pay for this. Meanwhile Medicaid has to cut services to the disabled and elderly, many of whom are veterans.

michele11
06-19-2012, 11:46 AM
I'll try to remember that next time I find myself tutoring college students in their multiplication tables. I had 3 of them this year. And the post office began struggling long before the advent of emails and texts.

What the hell state do you teach in?

bem401
06-19-2012, 12:00 PM
What the hell state do you teach in?

The same state in which I live. Most of the students i interact with are inner-city minority and immigrant students.

Eric Stoner
06-19-2012, 12:04 PM
I beg to differ. I don't consider being bombarded by one article after another, mostly from sources such as the Washington Post, as 'food for thought.'

What do you call material posted to foment thought and discussion ? The Washington Post isn't liberal enough for you ?

Eric Stoner
06-19-2012, 12:12 PM
Seriously? Cuba has had a long history of providing high quality healthcare. But you are right. Let's keep healthcare out of the hands of big government. God forbid we offer the forty million American who don't have health insurance, some that include dancers, healthcare coverage. That would be socialized medicine! And we don't want that now, do we? :O

"High quality care" according to whom ? That renowned medical expert , Michael Moore ? Cuba does provide basic care to its citizens and does it rather well but beyond that ?
Who rates Cuba's system and on what basis ? Who computes their malpractice stats ?

Eric Stoner
06-19-2012, 12:13 PM

FedEx and UPS are making money and the USPS is billions in the red. Nuf said.

Trem
06-19-2012, 12:36 PM
FedEx and UPS are making money and the USPS is billions in the red. Nuf said.

The USPS is billions in the red because republicans forced them to prefund retiree health benefits for 40 years in advance rather than 10. There was no committee research. It was passed by the House after only 40 minutes of "debate" at 10:33pm and transmitted to the Senate, where was received, then passed by the Senate in the wee hours of 09 December 2006.

It passed the House by voice vote. There is no record of who actually voted for the bill. It passed the Senate by unanimous consent. There is no record of who actually voted for the bill. Considering the manner and timing of the passage, it is conceivable the bill was passed with only a bare minimum quorum present. Perhaps half a dozen people actually voted and passed this legislation.

In other words, a Republican bill with only three cosponsors is introduced, "debated" and passed in less than 24 hours, now brings the Postal Service to the brink of complete collapse. In my view this was deliberate to kill the US Postal Service, without any true understanding of the consequences of such action.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h109-6407

The only problem with government ran organizations is that one half of the government is out to destroy it. Edit: Nuff said.

Jay12
06-19-2012, 12:52 PM
Those "very poor countries" you refer to are supplying inferior healthcare to that provided in America. Government involvement in healthcare will only decrease its quality. Outside of national defense, name one thing the federal government does very well. Do you really want your health care system run the way the DMV or school departments are? I would think not.

American healthcare suck anyways. And, the last time I checked the military provides government involved healthcare and is better than civilian healthcare. Also, the countries that do have better healthcare than us are other industrialized countries. We should emulate their systems.

bem401
06-19-2012, 01:08 PM
American healthcare suck anyways. And, the last time I checked the military provides government involved healthcare and is better than civilian healthcare. Also, the countries that do have better healthcare than us are other industrialized countries. We should emulate their systems.

Exactly which countries have better health care than us?

Trem
06-19-2012, 01:27 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/12/opinion/12sun1.html?pagewanted=all

Melonie
06-19-2012, 01:29 PM
Wow, this totally apolitical discussion about potential changes people may possibly face in the stripclub industry is very illuminating. Im so glad I read through it.

Indeed !!!! So far narry a word of comment in regard to the actual topic I started this thread about !

Think!
06-19-2012, 01:34 PM
What do you call material posted to foment thought and discussion ? The Washington Post isn't liberal enough for you ?

Anyone interested in a public debate, should begin with a thorough and in-depth research using liberal, left-liberal, centralist, independent, and even right-wing news sources. Next, they should analyze, evaluate, and summarize the different perspectives and develop an informed opinion before they share their opinion on a particular subject or topic with others.

Think!
06-19-2012, 01:40 PM
"High quality care" according to whom ? That renowned medical expert , Michael Moore ? Cuba does provide basic care to its citizens and does it rather well but beyond that ?
Who rates Cuba's system and on what basis ? Who computes their malpractice stats ?

Try the United Nations. What does Michael Moore have anything to do with Cuba? "Cuba does provide basic to its citizens," which is more than anyone could say about the US healthcare system unless you are wealthy or work for a corporation that offers quality healthcare insurance.

bem401
06-19-2012, 01:47 PM
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/12/opinion/12sun1.html?pagewanted=all

Yet far more people from those countries come here to be treated than vice-versa. And sorry, the NY Times is not a credible source of unbiased information. The fact they cite the Commonwealth Fund doesn't cast it in a good light either.

Trem
06-19-2012, 01:50 PM
RICH people. Oh we have a great health care system if you have millions of dollars, if i was Bill Gates i wouldn't want be to be sick anywhere else. That doesn't really help the grand majority of the population.

bem401
06-19-2012, 01:51 PM
Try the United Nations. What has Michael Moore have anything to do with Cuba? "Cuba does provide basic to its citizens," which is more than anyone could say about the US healthcare system unless you are wealthy or work for a corporation that offers quality healthcare insurance.

The UN is no fan of the US on any number of issues, healthcare included. And poor people in this country already receive coverage. Every time i visit the hos[pital, the longest line is outside the office people have to go to get treated for free and very few of the people in the hospital in the first place seem to speak English.

Melonie
06-19-2012, 02:04 PM
Actually, this new US Presidential Order may in fact be very timely for some Canadian dancers ... who may soon be 'kicked out' if a new Canadian law is passed ...

from

(snip)"TORONTO – Canada's foreign strippers say they are ready to step out of the spotlight and into the shadowy half-world of illicit employment.

They claim they will go underground if Bill C-38 becomes law and ends work permits allowing non-residents to work as strippers across the country.

The omnibus bill, now headed for its second reading in Parliament, will mean up to 700 strippers in Canada on work visas will have to return home since they won't be able to extend their stays. Either that, or they will seek illicit ways to earn a living, including resorting to massage parlour work.

Most of the dancers work at clubs in Toronto, Windsor, London, Montreal, Ottawa, Winnipeg and Calgary."(snip)

(snip)"She has talked to "several hundred" dancers in the Greater Toronto Area whose visas are expiring.

"Many don't understand why they are being penalized," Nicole said. "They work hard and pay taxes and do everything that is asked of them."

The sweeping Bill C-38 will bring an end to an era of foreign dancers in Canada.

The controversial "stripper visa" dates back to 1998 and allowed hundreds of foreign dancers into the country each year. In 2001 for example, 660 foreign dancers, mostly from Eastern Europe, were admitted.

All they had to do was provide a Canadian job offer from a strip club and prove they were qualified for exotic dancing.

While the Tories essentially axed that program soon after taking office, roughly 100 of those visas have been renewed each year since 2006.

"Now we have the power, which we'll begin using as soon as those regulations are done this summer, to deny visas to people who we think ... might have a high chance of trafficking or exploitation," Immigration Minister Jason Kenney said of the proposed changes.

Under the new regulations, all existing temporary work visas to foreign-born strippers will be cancelled, all new applications will be denied and all "open" work visa holders will be barred from working in the adult entertainment industry.

Kenney's spokesperson Alexis Pavlich said her officials have invested significant resources in removing people who are in Canada illegally.

"To anyone who wants to go underground, we have a simple message: Don't do it," Pavlich said. "We will find you. We will kick you out."(snip)

Think!
06-19-2012, 02:39 PM
The UN is no fan of the US on any number of issues, healthcare included. And poor people in this country already receive coverage. Every time i visit the hos[pital, the longest line is outside the office people have to go to get treated for free and very few of the people in the hospital in the first place seem to speak English.

Oh Please! It's the other way around. The US withheld one billion dollars it owed the UN because the UN was not supporting US foreign Policy. Remember that? When I ask dancers whether they have health insurance or not, many of them confide in me that they don't. God forbid they slip or fall while they are dancing on stage.

bem401
06-19-2012, 03:13 PM
Oh Please! It's the other way around. The US withheld one billion dollars it owed the UN because the UN was not supporting US foreign Policy. Remember that? When I ask dancers whether they have health insurance or not, many of them confide in me that they don't. God forbid they slip or fall while they are dancing on stage.

So the US had a reason to withhold money......Question : What's more important to Americans, US foreign policy or UN policies? Answer : US foreign policy. Why should we support with a billion dollars an agency that doesn't support what's best for the US?

And as far as dancers are concerned, just like any other occupation, they need to be responsible for themselves. If they slipped and fell while on stage and required emergency treatment, they'd get it. Stop trying to play the Leftist game of "divide and conquer" in an attempt to have dancers rally behind you.

GlamourRouge
06-19-2012, 03:42 PM
Honestly... I like to think outside the box. Part of thinking outside the box is being scared or worried, but the difference is you go with the flow and don't let "what ifs" get to you. That is also true with any form or growth, and any form of risk you take that may lead to a big payoff. And its good for one-upping your competition and preparing yourself for what the future may or may not hold. So its good to hear facts, theories, and information from all points of view. You don't have to agree with it. Or even read it. But what's so wrong with hearing a point of view? I personally like Melonie's posts.

bem401
06-19-2012, 03:57 PM
Your quote:
"If Obamacare survives, there will be lower quality treatment in America. "

"I probably wouldn't have survived at the hands of a doctor outside America."

This is all hypothetical ^^^. It is pure speculation, supposition and goodness knows what other amorphous, nebulous, nonsense.

First, how are we going to provide better medical service to more people for less money?

Second, my comments on my surgery were influenced by what i was told about the surgery i had and the research I did after the fact. Most people who suffer what i suffered don't even make even make it the emergency room and my surgeon was supposedly a rock star among similar doctors when it came to repairing a dissection of the aorta and a valve replacement simultaneously. I was not expected to survive that surgery 9 years ago.

Third, my comments regarding possible surgery in your future were prefaced with an "if and when". so offense ought not be taken.

Think!
06-19-2012, 05:02 PM
So the US had a reason to withhold money......Question : What's more important to Americans, US foreign policy or UN policies? Answer : US foreign policy. Why should we support with a billion dollars an agency that doesn't support what's best for the US?

And as far as dancers are concerned, just like any other occupation, they need to be responsible for themselves. If they slipped and fell while on stage and required emergency treatment, they'd get it. Stop trying to play the Leftist game of "divide and conquer" in an attempt to have dancers rally behind you.

Because the UN is an independent organization, and it should stay that way. It should not be an instrument to enforce US foreign policy objectives abroad. Dancers would get for free medical help, right? Well, let me know where they can receive free medical care in case they slip and fall injuring themselves. And, why would I need dancers to rally behind me? Leftist? Your arguments would be more convincing if you present them without resorting to name-calling and labeling. Looking at these issues through your lens, one would get the impression that even Roosevelt's New Deal was a socialist project.:P

Jay12
06-19-2012, 05:16 PM

-France
-Italy
-Spain
-Germany
-Singapore
-Japan
-Denmark
-Sweden
-Norway
-Argentina
-South Korea
-Netherlands
-Portugal
-Austria
-Belgium
-Switzerland

Just to mention a few that have better care than in the US. The biggest problem with the US healthcare is that is a defensive system, and not preventive. If we switch to a more preventive system, the prices will go down significantly. Also, if we give more power to the doctors and less to insurance companies we could see more improvements.

bem401
06-19-2012, 05:20 PM
Because the UN is an independent organization, and it should stay that way. It should not be an instrument to enforce US foreign policy objectives abroad. Dancers would get for free medical help, right? Well, let me know where they can receive free medical care in case they slip and fall injuring themselves. And, why would I need dancers to rally behind me? Leftist? Your arguments would be more convincing if you present them without resorting to name-calling and labeling. Looking at these issues through your lens, one would get the impression that even Roosevelt's New Deal was a socialist project.:P

1. We shouldn't financially support any organizations whose goals don't coincide with ours. That includes the UN.

2. Emergency rooms turn no one away. Any injured dancer would receive treatment. Nobody is entitled to fee medical care. Just like anyone else, dancers ought to provide for themselves when it comes to healthcare.

3. When one goes on a stripper website, engages in a political argument, and tries to portray his opposition as being anti-stripper, he's clearly looking for a groundswell of support. Its no different than the bones Obama continually throws to his political constituencies.

4. FDR's New Deal involved way too much government meddling in American life.

bem401
06-19-2012, 05:24 PM
-France
-Italy
-Spain
-Germany
-Singapore
-Japan
-Denmark
-Sweden
-Norway
-Argentina
-South Korea
-Netherlands
-Portugal
-Austria
-Belgium
-Switzerland

Just to mention a few that have better care than in the US. The biggest problem with the US healthcare is that is a defensive system, and not preventive. If we switch to a more preventive system, the prices will go down significantly. Also, if we give more power to the doctors and less to insurance companies we could see more improvements.

And your basis for naming them is???? Several of them are in worse financial shape than we are to boot. And several of those countries see residents travel to the US for treatment when they can.Do you really thinking having the government take over will mean more power for the doctors? That's actually the opposite of what is expected to be a result of Obamacare, should it survive (which appears highly uinlikely at this point).

Jay12
06-19-2012, 05:26 PM
And your basis for naming them is???? Several of them are in worse financial shape than we are to boot. Do you really thinking having the government take over will mean more power for the doctors? That's actually the opposite of what is expected to be a result of Obamacare, should it survive (which appears highly uinlikely at this point).

The WHO!

Think!
06-19-2012, 05:35 PM
1. Emergency rooms turn no one away. Any injured dancer would receive treatment. Nobody is entitled to fee medical cared. Just like anyone else, dancers ought to provide for themselves when it comes to healthcare.

But hospitals should turn away illegal immigrants, right? I mean why should we take care of 'illegals' who are a financial drain to our economy? While we are at it, let's lump in 'illegal' dancers because they too are also a drain to the economy.

bem401
06-19-2012, 05:37 PM
The WHO!

That's an arm of the UN, which has already been identified as being somewhat opposed to the US.

bem401
06-19-2012, 05:41 PM
But hospitals should turn away illegal immigrants, right? I mean why should we take care of 'illegals' who are a financial drain to our economy? While we are at it, let's lump in 'illegal' dancers because they too are also a drain to the economy.

My tax dollars shouldn't be used to support anything for people who are here against the law. Whether than person is a dancer or not is immaterial.

Think!
06-19-2012, 09:00 PM
My tax dollars shouldn't be used to support anything for people who are here against the law. Whether than person is a dancer or not is immaterial.

On StripperWeb, we should not discriminate between documented and undocumented dancers. :)

By the way, undocumented immigrants pay sales taxes, and employers pay payroll taxes. Henceforth, undocumented immigrants contribute to the economy.