PDA

View Full Version : Payment methods

sweetbritney28
08-30-2012, 09:57 AM
Hi ladies! I've been a long time lurker of this forum, studying up for when I start camming in the next couple weeks.(currently work as a dancer, looking for less contact way to make $) I have signed up to ebanned to start selling some things, but I just don't understand how everyone gets paid. I know paypal is a no-no, so I've signed up with "moneybookers" since I saw a few girls using that on ebanned. I still don't see how I would accept payments there. I've also downloaded the venmo app on my iPhone. Just need some suggestions for hassle free ways to get paid for ebanned and custom clips until I get the camming up and running. I'm getting a little fed up with the contact in the club and need to find a new way to make money before I burn out totally. Thanks in advance, ladies :)

domino.damoiselle
08-30-2012, 11:38 AM
If you are thinking of building a website for your cam persona (highly recommended) I'd go with CCBill. There's also Zombaio (I don't think they're based in the US, that makes me nervous) and a lot of girls use Epoch and Verotel.

If you're not planning on building a website right away, Payoneer is also popular, but I'm not sure if Ebanned is a Payoneer merchant. I'm sure there's someone here that can tell you though. A lot of girls have good luck with ExtraLunchMoney, and if you sign up with them, you'll be eligible for a Payoneer card. ExtraLunchMoney is a site that allows you to sell photo sets, videos, and tangible goods, like panties. Once you load your ExtraLunchMoney earnings onto your Payoneer card, you'll be eligible for Payoneer private loads. This is actually great, because then you can accept Visa as well as other major credit cards. If you sign up for CCBill, you have to pay a buttload of extra money to get approved for accepting Visa.

naughtybekie
08-30-2012, 01:53 PM
zombaio are fine and i know ppl using them, and they rate them. just because something is based outside the US dont make it bad. ccbill for the individual, as you point out, is a nightmare, big upfront fees to get set up as a merchant i'm afraid.

extra lunch money as someone has already pointed out, plus clips4sale and kinkbbomb, should do you just fine :-)

sexysusie
08-30-2012, 04:29 PM
camgirlservices can set up a sub account with ccbill for you, and you get the same cut as you would going direct, plus you can offer visa without the hefty fees :D

domino.damoiselle
09-01-2012, 09:19 PM
GiftRocket.com is pretty awesome too. The customer sends you a gift card, and then you can have the money transferred to your bank account or you can request a paper check. It's anonymous for both parties, too. And very easy to understand - it's about as complicated as buying an Amazon gift card.

Djoser
09-01-2012, 10:04 PM
Beware ccBill if you want to start your own site and you want to sell video clips. They have no fucking clue how to deal with this format at all. Going with them, and following their recommendation to use osCommerce for a shopping cart program stalled the website we started entirely--and I was still out the whopping 750$ non-refundable deposit they charge to take Visa.

Fortunately the studio site (on Clips4Sale) has done pretty well, and given us the time and income to plan the next step--fixing the mess I got us into by relying on the trusted name and image of ccBill.

They claim they are just passing on that 750$ charge from Visa. But European websites aren't required to fork it over, so something doesn't add up.

naughtybekie
09-02-2012, 01:34 AM
for up to date info on payment methods from lots of adult website webmasters the following websites / fiorums are definitely worth having a peek at. www.gofuckyourself.com and www.beerandbollocks.com odd names i know, but its a great place for adult business owners to share tips :-)

GlamourRouge
12-10-2013, 02:28 AM
Can anyone give me an update with Epoch? Pros and cons? Too many cons? Is consensus still CCBill (I know everyone and their mother is still using CCBill).

YNOTJay
12-10-2013, 10:57 PM
CCBill and Epoch are both solid solutions. So is Paxum. I recommend to anyone to sign up for either CCBill or Epoch, and also add Paxum as an option. Also a good idea to add a mobile company / sms billing option.

There are plenty of billers out there and many you should just avoid.

Djoser
12-11-2013, 04:47 AM
Great advice Jay, but anyone wanting to sell individual video clips instead of monthly memberships should avoid ccBill at all costs. No pun intended.

By far the biggest mistake I made was choosing ccBill when I started a website with a model two years ago. I thought 'They are the biggest and most well-known company, what can go wrong?' The answer was 'Everything!' They are set up to sell membership plans, and while their online support & service is excellent, they didn't have a fucking clue how to deal with what we were trying to set up.

Just one example, they don't allow return customers unless you apply for a special waiver. I didn't even know about this feature until a customer tried coming back to buy more clips after his initial purchase, and they DENIED him!!

ETA whoops I forget this was an old thread & I already posted about ccBill. But I am leaving this up as unless they have changed their policy, the 'No return shoppers' rule is a major pain in the ass & I didn't post about it above.

Melonie
12-11-2013, 07:55 AM
^^^ yes, there is a clear distinction between 'online merchants' who are strictly selling services ( like memberships or downloads ), versus 'online merchants' who are selling physical merchandise. In general, the latter is going to require the 'online merchant' to undergo the Visa / MC 'investigation' and associated $750 fee !!! So it pays to take the time to read the 'fine print' in regard to what the different online credit card payment processors are actually offering !!!!!

Djoser
12-11-2013, 08:32 AM
Well no we weren't selling physical videos, but rather the downloadable clips. Just like on Clips4Sale but we have our own site. Not with ccBill anymore though, not after they nailed me for that 750$ NON-Refundable deposit, then wanted yet more a year later.

Nissim-Payoneer
12-16-2013, 01:31 AM
CCBill and Epoch are both solid solutions.

Payoneer is also now a payout option for Epoch, so if you decide to use them as your payment processing solution you can withdraw your funds from Epoch to your Payoneer account.