PDA

View Full Version : She is sober now

rickdugan
11-18-2012, 06:44 AM
I visited a club the other night where a girl who I used to spend time with let me know, almost as soon as she sat down, that she is not drinking anymore. She then launched into a monologue about how much better she feels now and how things have improved for her since she stopped. She received my warmest and sincerest congratulations - I am truly happy for her.

But I also have to say that dealing with her quickly became a real buzz-kill. She was ordering bottled waters while I was ordering Jacks on the rocks, my normal drink. By the end of my second drink, I was starting to feel a little self-conscious about the whole thing. I am going to be honest in saying that I have always cut my time short with a girl who orders a water or some other non-alcoholic drink. This has nothing to do with any attempt on my part to get my entertainers drunk, but rather that I don't particularly enjoy feeling like I'm drinking alone while I am being entertained.

Order a fake drink dammit! I visit plenty of clubs and deal with plenty of dancers where the dancer drinks have little or no alcohol and I have no issues with this whatsoever. Now I also have no issues with a dancer who does want a drink or two, but needs to mix it up and also orders some non-alcoholic stuff. And I even have no problem with a dancer who nurses her drink. But sitting there for a length of time and watching her sip on water or juice while I am downing Jacks just makes me too damned self conscious about the whole thing.

Anyway, just my :twocents:

11-18-2012, 07:21 AM
I've never found it to bother me.

I'm kind of a do your thing, I'll do mine thing.

That being said it is a bonus if we do align on a drink. His and hers Jack and Cokes. Or his and hers Pinot Grigios.

yoda57us
11-18-2012, 09:11 AM
LOL, sounds like your problem rick, not the dancer's...

There have been several threads here over the years regarding the topic of drinking, not drinking, fake drinks, drinking as it relates to the customer's perception of the lady etc, etc...
It's never been something I think too much about until I encounter a dancer who is clearly drunk and not pleasant to deal with.

james1557
11-18-2012, 10:55 AM
Partly because I am often driving, I almost always drink juice at a strip club. As I tell the girls, I also like to remember what I have done next morning. And on the whole a girl who drinks a lot of alcohol bothers me; is she using it because she really doesn't like what she does?

rgbg
11-18-2012, 04:45 PM
Shoot. She's on the job, you're not. While you can (hopefully) stop at a reasonable point, she's got to deal with a lot of well meaning customers over the evening. Do you really want a dance from a sloppy drunk girl?

yoda57us
11-18-2012, 05:38 PM
And on the whole a girl who drinks a lot of alcohol bothers me; is she using it because she really doesn't like what she does?

I don't know how to break this to you james but, no, they really don't like what they do...

rickdugan
11-18-2012, 08:45 PM
LOL, sounds like your problem rick, not the dancer's...

LOL. No doubt about it. ;)

A gal has to do what a gal has to do. I'm just one customer expressing his disappointment how things changed with this one. I know that my views on this run counter to many of the seasoned blues on this site and even on the customer site on which I post, where abstinence from alcohol and day shift visits are common. In fact, perhaps in 10 years or so I might find myself in the same position, but at this stage of my life I still find my clubbing activities to include cocktails and other social elements. C'est la vie I suppose.

On a brighter note, at least this one did not inform me that she found religion, unlike a girl that I spent time with a few weeks ago. I was treated to a discussion about what Jesus thought was and was not ok for her to do, which was in no way a response to anything that I said. Wanna' talk about a buzz kill - LOL.

rickdugan
11-18-2012, 09:11 PM
Shoot. She's on the job, you're not. While you can (hopefully) stop at a reasonable point, she's got to deal with a lot of well meaning customers over the evening. Do you really want a dance from a sloppy drunk girl?

Thanks for letting me know about what they are there for and what they have to deal with. I was confused by that. ;)

Read what I posted in the intro a little more carefully. I have no interest in getting a dancer sloppy drunk - well, at least usually ;) - I just seek certain conventions to be observed and illusions to be maintained by the girls that I spend money on.

magicrat
12-10-2012, 10:22 AM
I'm not sure how relevant this is to this particular topic, but a dancer I've gotten to know told me she drinks between 15-20 drinks a day! Lesson for me...never try to outdrink a stripper!

juicebox69
12-18-2012, 07:26 AM
Out drinking a dancer is a huge mistake lol....the ones I know could even fu k me up and I'm a big fella....good one rick and mag

Athenathefabulous
12-18-2012, 07:45 AM
jesus, this is a stupid reason to stop spending time with a girl.

also, keep in mind, a dancer might not want to order fake drinks because even though they lack alcohol, there is a lot of sugar in that shit. its not like most clubs carry high quality juice. drink 10-15 sugary drinks a night adds up to a lot of calories, we are supposed to be fit and look after ourselves...remember?

unless she goes on some sort of sob story about being a recovered alcoholic, congratulate her and dont fucking worry about what she is drinking. worry about yourself, the conversation, and her tits.

rickdugan
12-19-2012, 06:12 AM
jesus, this is a stupid reason to stop spending time with a girl.

also, keep in mind, a dancer might not want to order fake drinks because even though they lack alcohol, there is a lot of sugar in that shit. its not like most clubs carry high quality juice. drink 10-15 sugary drinks a night adds up to a lot of calories, we are supposed to be fit and look after ourselves...remember?

unless she goes on some sort of sob story about being a recovered alcoholic, congratulate her and dont fucking worry about what she is drinking. worry about yourself, the conversation, and her tits.

Athena, I think the fundamental difference here is that it is a job for you, but entertainment for me. A customer's likes and dislikes are not dispassionate, but are instinctual and emotionally based. I am one customer who happens to dislike feeling self-conscious about my drinking and I very much do when a dancer is sporting a Poland Springs water bottle while I am drinking Jack. I also happen to find that most of the girls who are doing this are of the more brittle variety anyway, so this normally works out for me in a number of ways.

And I am focused on a lot more than just this girl's tits and have had some good times with her, which is the only reason that I still deal with her at all. }:D And it is about a lot more than tits anyway as, I'm sure you noticed, every girl in the club has them. For me it is about the overall entertainment experience and I just don't find myself enjoying my time with a girl who isn't willing to maintain certain illusions.

I am not alone in this and there are a lot of ways that girls handle these things, including certain drinks that are light on calories yet allow for the illusion, such as ye ol' "vodka" and club. ;)

Anyway, just my feeling on the matter.

Btw Athena, it was good to see you venture back down to the basement again. :)