PDA

View Full Version : dumb question

drake
03-13-2013, 12:40 AM
I'm pretty sure this post is going to establish me as a PL.

Basically, I went out for drinks with some guys in January and we went to a strip club, and I ended up going back there to talk to one of the dancers. I asked her out and she said she wasn't allowed to date the customers, but she also vaguely hinted that she might bend that rule some time in the future.

I have been to see her a few times since then and I'm pretty sure that I have put myself in the "regular customer" zone. That means that I have lost any hope of getting a date. Correct?

nikk
03-13-2013, 01:06 AM
Not if you spend a big load of $$$$$. We love that :) LBS.

drake
03-13-2013, 01:28 AM
Well, let me put it this way, I'm spending as much as I can afford. It may not be enough all by itself to keep her in the lifestyle to which she's become accustomed. ;)

shanna dior
03-13-2013, 04:52 AM
While in the majority of cases you are certainly just a customer to her, there is a microscopic portion of the stripper population that HAS gone on to date and even marry past customers, so, I mean, feel free to hold out hope and keep spending on her! Nothing turns a stripper off faster than a lack of cash. ;)

yoda57us
03-13-2013, 08:01 AM
I'm pretty sure this post is going to establish me as a PL.
Not to worry, there are plenty of us.

Basically, I went out for drinks with some guys in January and we went to a strip club, and I ended up going back there to talk to one of the dancers. I asked her out and she said she wasn't allowed to date the customers, but she also vaguely hinted that she might bend that rule some time in the future.
In the future, pigs may learn to fly as well...

I have been to see her a few times since then and I'm pretty sure that I have put myself in the "regular customer" zone. That means that I have lost any hope of getting a date. Correct?
It's a pretty safe bet bet but you never know...and it's that never-ending hope that usually keeps the money flowing for months or years.

drake
03-13-2013, 11:42 PM
Would she find it annoying when I push for meeting outside the club?

simone87
03-13-2013, 11:45 PM
Would she find it annoying when I push for meeting outside the club?

if she hasn't brought it up, then she probably " just isn't ready yet and needs more quality time ITC" ;) . so the answer is probably yes

Kessler
03-14-2013, 01:11 AM
After a couple years of doing this, there's a pattern I've noticed: when a dancer wants to meet you outside the club, she will bring it up. It's remarkable how consistent this is.

So don't push too hard. Sure, bring it up once. If you become a regular, maybe even fire a shot every once in awhile. But if she dismisses/forgets/needs to check her schedule/isn't ready - regardless of the reason - put on a smile, say 'no problem' and don't mention it again. If she changes her mind, she'll be very, very clear, saying things like, "So when do I get that lunch?" or "We should totally see that movie - are you free on Tuesday?" or "What are you doing Monday night?" SHE will bring it up AND give you a specific timeframe.

AND THEN SHE'LL FOLLOW THROUGH. This is where a lot of stripper dates go to die - the Land of NotFollowingThrough. It's a stark little hillside where dreams are dashed and the cold night of reality sets in. "Shit. The hot as fuck girl doesn't really want to go out with me." So...if she flakes, either she could be naturally flakey, unsure of meeting you, or most likely, merely dangling 'the hope'. It 100% depends on you whether you want to keep at it, champ.

But say she shows up - the fun doesn't stop there! Even if she meets you, is it business or personal? If it's business, she'll bring up money, loans, rent, shopping, gifts, etc - and usually pretty quick into your time together. If it's personal, she will go out of her way not to mention money and be very, very generous with her time. There are other obvious, physical ways you'll know, of course, but by that point, you won't need any advice on this board :)

If all this is gonna drive you bonkers, then maybe keep your activities in the club. That way, if you get asked out, it'll be a nice surprise, but one you won't be dead-set on.

And of course, all that being said, I suffer from PL Syndrome too, so do what I say, not what I do ;)

drake
03-14-2013, 01:52 AM
These are useful comments. I can only afford to see her once a month, which frustrates me. Perhaps that makes me not the world's best regular customer.

I suppose the important thing is to try to have realistic ideas about the situation.

drake
03-14-2013, 01:53 AM
These are useful comments. I can only afford to see her once a month, which frustrates me. Perhaps that makes me not the world's best regular customer.

I suppose the important thing is to try to have realistic ideas about the situation.

rickdugan
03-14-2013, 06:42 AM

Sounds like you may need to get a second job and/or a few credit cards. After all, how is she ever going to get to know you as a person if she only sees you once a month? And obviously you cannot go into the club empty-handed because she could get in trouble for hanging with someone who isn't spending money, however much she likes you or may want to get to know you. :)

Good luck! And remember, nobody likes a quitter. ;)

slowpoke
03-14-2013, 08:06 AM

Consider getting a second or even third job.

drake
03-14-2013, 08:35 AM
Sounds like you may need to get a second job and/or a few credit cards. After all, how is she ever going to get to know you as a person if she only sees you once a month? And obviously you cannot go into the club empty-handed because she could get in trouble for hanging with someone who isn't spending money, however much she likes you or may want to get to know you. :)

Good luck! And remember, nobody likes a quitter. ;)

A new job on top of my current full-time job, you think? It's a thought.

Probably an easier way would be: forget about donating 10% of my income to charity, forget about visiting my family and friends in Sydney this year, and forget about actually trying to save any money. That would free up a bit of spending money, all right. I might be able to see her three or four times a month then. :)

Kessler
03-14-2013, 11:34 AM
Spending more might make you a better regular, but doesn't necessarily better your chances of changing her mind. Sure, your comfort level and familiarity will increase in the club, which could lead to a hotter time, but again, that doesn't mean it'll translate to anything more.

If you really wanna give it a shot, spend only what you can afford, don't waste too much of her time, don't try to push her limits, and don't ask her out anymore. Seriously. Be the perfect gentleman in the club and respectful of her job. If nothing changes, you know where you're at and you need to decide whether you're okay with that. If something does change, she'll let you know and you'll be pleasantly surprised.

drake
03-14-2013, 11:42 AM
Yeah. I was only joking. Seriously, I can't afford to spend more than I am spending. And I know that it wouldn't improve my chances of getting a date.

I certainly hope that I being gentlemanly and respectful.

Even if she would agree to meet me OTC just as friends (not for money) that would make me quite happy. I know it's a bit of a long shot to think that she would ever become my girlfriend.

rickdugan
03-14-2013, 04:43 PM
Even if she would agree to meet me OTC just as friends (not for money) that would make me quite happy. I know it's a bit of a long shot to think that she would ever become my girlfriend.

Right, you'd be perfectly happy just having her as a friend. ;D :thumbsup:

whirlerz
03-14-2013, 04:50 PM
[QUOTE=yoda57us;2464934]Not to worry, there are plenty of us.

In the future, pigs may learn to fly as well...

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:LMAO @ this thread, I can't even get thru it

drake
03-14-2013, 08:56 PM
Right, you'd be perfectly happy just having her as a friend. ;D :thumbsup:

"Perfectly happy" might not be the right way to put it...

jbviper4
03-25-2013, 10:38 AM
To OP - Its an expensive way to find girlfriends. I have "invested " in more than a few potential GFs back in the day (long since keeping my $ and action ITC), and even went out with some of them. Dinner, drinks, shopping - and only once (in 10 years) did it develop into a real relationship. We're still friends, and I loved being with her while it lasted.

You're much better off joining a gym (if you need to really scope the goods prior to asking someone out on a date) or going to singles bars if you're income/expenditure ratio doesn't allow for serious investing in these ladies' educations, shopping, raising kids...whatever. IMO its best to keep SCs squarely in "this is a good time right now" category and save your $ for women who do not have to "like" you in order to be successful at work.

FWIW - I still hit the SCs all the time and have a good time without wondering "Does she like me?" I just accept their sexiness, conversation and skills in the moment and leave happy.

Kessler
03-25-2013, 08:00 PM
I still hit the SCs all the time and have a good time without wondering "Does she like me?" I just accept their sexiness, conversation and skills in the moment and leave happy.

This - a million times.

bsteve
04-11-2013, 09:53 PM
To me, a dance club is like a 50x50x20 ft 3D television or a video game. The dancers do not exist outside of the club. The actresses who portray the dancers do, but they are totally different persons. Trying to date a dancer to me simply does not compute.

The Boob
04-15-2013, 05:26 PM
trying to date a dancer to me simply does not compute. The dancers do not exist outside of the club.

That's true. (This logic has allowed you to harness 70% of the power of Christ, btw.) The only way to smoothly transition from inside the club to dating outside the club is to have stripclub lighting installed in your home. That way you don't suffer from the daylight effect. But there's no fix for the slip-ups that'll happen when normal human behavior starts to show through the stripper facade because the illusion wasn't designed to go mobile outside the club. I think this thing of people trying to date strippers all started back when they were kids and their family got one of those fake X-mas trees instead of a real Christmas tree. That's when these stripper-daters started getting accustomed to the idea of living a fake lifestyle with substitute items. It starts with fake Christmas trees, and then they're walking around with a faux leather coat (I know I went through that stage), and it ends up with a fake girlfriend.