PDA

View Full Version : Dancer's fines

Raider
03-22-2013, 09:08 AM
As customers, what is your approach to handling the situation when the dancer gets fined for her actions while dancing for you? Two scenarios.... one, the dancer merely pushes the clubs limits and gets fined and it wouldn't be obvious to you that she was acting beyond what was considered acceptable. The other.....her actions are obvious to you that they are against the club rules and she gets fined. Nothing solicited from the customer...yet not refused or stopped either.

After dancing for you ...you are advised that the manager or the floor man fined her. Beyond the obvious that she might be lying about it or the amount.....who do you feel is responsible for the fine and who do you think should be paying it? Do you take her at her word and pay the fine? Split it with her? Figure it is her problem? While the response might be different if new to dancing with her...assume it is a dancer that you have somewhat of a history with.

shanna dior
03-22-2013, 09:54 AM
She's a big girl and knows the rules - rules which are in place on her end to uphold. That makes them (and any associated fines) her responsibility.

You say you were "advised" that she was fine. By who? It reads as if it wasn't her or the manager/floor man, so was it one of her friends? Unless she specifically brought it up to you, ignore it. Given your history, you might be inclined to give her some $$$ if she herself brings it up and asks for it, but otherwise, again, she's a big girl.

Chili Palmer
03-22-2013, 10:07 AM
Agree w/Shanna here. As someone who has done pretty much anything and everything inside a SC, I've never seen/heard a dancer get fined for our mutual activities. That said, I have helped some girls out when the situation arises. Case in point: when I was at Spearmint Rhino Rialto a couple of weeks ago, they were running a 3-song special for $80. A dancer I wanted finally asked me towards the end of the warm-up song the DJ uses to drum up business. We passed the floater on the way to the VIP rooms and told him (we were now in the first song of the special) we would start on the next song. When we finished our third song (which was now the first song in the 2nd set of specials), we opened up the curtain and told the floater we were done. He replied, "I already have you marked down for a second set." The look on the dancer's face was pure panic: she knew she was gonna have to eat the house fees for that set (probably $25-30), so I stepped in and said "Let's finish this." You could see how grateful and relieved she was. So, I ended up spending an extra $80, and got one less song than I paid for.

I don't go to strip clubs to be an asshole or to deal them (either male or female). I go to relax, have a good time, and get my lap on. When shit like that happens, my groove completely disappears, so I headed back to my hotel room. And yes, I let the manager know what a soulless, scumbag shit-for-brains floater he has, but all that probably did was get the jerk a raise for being overqualified.

CP

Raider
03-22-2013, 11:28 AM
You say you were "advised" that she was fine. By who? It reads as if it wasn't her or the manager/floor man, so was it one of her friends? Unless she specifically brought it up to you, ignore it. Given your history, you might be inclined to give her some $$$ if she herself brings it up and asks for it, but otherwise, again, she's a big girl.

She told me today while exchanging text messages that she tipped the dj on duty at the time and the floor/vip manager extra so she wouldn't get fined. Figured it was easier to explain as a fine. As we ended the dances, the floor/vip manager called her over so I did think there was some concern. Turns out ...according to her, the DJ noticed it on his way thru and advised the VIP manager so she tipped them both extra. Her feelings are that I should help cover this...and also AUTOMATICALLY help with the additional tips outs in the future.

Now, one point of view is she isn't asking for that much and doesn't charge above the price of the dances so...no big deal. The other is .....I doubt if when she is done with her other ''regulars'' that she tips extra each and every time she walks out of VIP.

Actually, typing it out and presenting it paints a pretty clear picture. Not that much...doesn't charge above dance price so will just include a little extra for her. If it becomes not worth it or she continues to want more then I will move on. What goes on isn't that outlandish that other dancers wouldn't jump at the chance for the income.

Chili Palmer
03-22-2013, 11:32 AM
Mandatory tip = buh-bye.

CP

yoda57us
03-22-2013, 01:25 PM
Smart girls don't get fined. If a girl were to actually get reprimanded or fined after a dance I would have to say she is not tipping the right people. I'm guessing that if a dancer approaches you with this sort of story she is simply looking for a tip.

rickdugan
03-23-2013, 07:33 AM
She told me today while exchanging text messages that she tipped the dj on duty at the time and the floor/vip manager extra so she wouldn't get fined. Figured it was easier to explain as a fine. As we ended the dances, the floor/vip manager called her over so I did think there was some concern. Turns out ...according to her, the DJ noticed it on his way thru and advised the VIP manager so she tipped them both extra. Her feelings are that I should help cover this...and also AUTOMATICALLY help with the additional tips outs in the future.

This old gag. ;)

IME, this gimmick is fairly common, at least in certain east coast clubs. In many of the places where edgier activities may occur the floor manager/VIP host/etc. expects a tip for supposedly turning a blind eye towards those ostensibly objectionable activities. I find that "greasing the monkey", as I call it, with a twenty on my way into the VIP/CR room is a very worthwhile exercise.

Now I know that some of the purists around here will object to this as a matter of principle, but the reality is that it is a small price to pay to ensure that the larger investment of $200-300+ returns maximum dividends. In some places, it has become so expected that they will find ways to make your time far less worthwhile, such as banging on the door (if it is a private room) long before time is up or developing a sudden intense interest in carefully patrolling the VIP area, if you do not take care of them upfront. In one club I visit in CT, the bouncer always seems quite mortified at the end of a string of dances in which things get really intense, right until his palm is greased while I am apologizing (with a smile - lol) for any concern that I might have caused him. Net-net, in the NE and many other places that I visit, it is more or less understood that there is a fun tax associated with dicier activities.

Anyway, just my :twocents:

yoda57us
03-23-2013, 10:06 AM
and...

The fact of the matter is any dancer who works in a zero-tolerance club knows it and she isn't gong to risk getting fined, suspended or even losing her job to give you a "better dance". One of my long-time faves used to work as a champagne hostess in a club in western Mass. In that particular club, at that particular time, extras were not tolerated. Ownership actually made the CR hostesses responsible for policing the CR's. Since the CR hostesses were all former/current dancers management figured that they would know what to watch for...and they did! Of course, management's policy of fining the CR hostesses if they didn't report forbidden activities certainly added to their incentive.

Again, smart girls don't get fined...

yoda57us
03-23-2013, 10:06 AM
and...

The fact of the matter is any dancer who works in a zero-tolerance club knows it and she isn't gong to risk getting fined, suspended or even losing her job to give you a "better dance". One of my long-time faves used to work as a champagne hostess in a club in western Mass. In that particular club, at that particular time, extras were not tolerated. Ownership actually made the CR hostesses responsible for policing the CR's. Since the CR hostesses were all former/current dancers management figured that they would know what to watch for...and they did! Of course, management's policy of fining the CR hostesses if they didn't report forbidden activities certainly added to their incentive.

Again, smart girls don't get fined...