PDA

View Full Version : 5 whores who changed the course of history.

Tsepmet1
03-25-2013, 06:02 PM
http://www.cracked.com/article_17126_5-whores-who-changed-course-history.html

Being a slut has it's advantages...we are excellent negotiators.

MissSassyPickles
03-25-2013, 06:08 PM
I loved Cracked!

Did you see this one that was just published? "The 5 Saddest Prostitutes In The World" http://www.cracked.com/blog/the-5-saddest-prostitutes-in-world/

Not actually sad but interesting stories!

Aurora14
03-25-2013, 06:16 PM
The big common denominator is that these women used sex to get to the top (pardon the pun), but they uses their brains to stay there! They also didn't have to hide who they were! They were ho's and damn proud of it.

whirlerz
03-25-2013, 06:26 PM
Dunno if I wanna see that ^ MissSass. but Tsepmet That is seriously one of the best ever article!!!
Gotta siggy some of that, " I am a whore, find something else to fight about" or "Think of that next time you congratulate yourself for not touching a man's weiner for money:rotfl:

MissSassyPickles
03-25-2013, 06:29 PM
The other article really isn't depressing at all, it's just because they're old mostly. But both are good and Cracked in general is really entertaining.

Tsepmet1
03-26-2013, 12:42 AM
I totally put the, "I am a whore..." Quote on Facebook. :}

Djoser
03-27-2013, 12:37 AM
Glad to see Theodora at number one where she belongs. Though they left out some of the nasty shit, like her killing her own son. And the weird shit, like letting trained geese nibble her bits for the enjoyment of viewers in Constantinople.

Still, a remarkable woman--who pretty much saved the Byzantine Empire at one point, when her husband Justinian the (not really quite so) Great was ready to cash in his chips and flee the city and his throne. He really was one of the more miserable of monarchs bearing the appellation 'the Great', though he did do a lot to deserve the title. Quite an insecure man, really. But many such men are drawn to acquire power and wealth in compensation.

arielbriel
03-27-2013, 01:16 AM
So interesting!!

yinyang
03-27-2013, 06:06 AM
I'm surprised that Wu Zetian isn't on this list... the first and only female emperor (not just empress) in Chinese history, and she got to that position strategically. She started out by entering the court as a concubine, then spent some time as a Buddhist nun, then went back to being a concubine before she started hacking her way up the system.
Unless concubines don't count as being bona-fide prostitutes... but at that time, Emperor Taizong had 3,000 in his court. I don't think they counted as wives.

-campaigned to elevate position of women
-assigned scholars to write biographies of famous women
-reduced the army's size, stopped the influence of aristocratic military men on government by replacing them with scholars
-fair to peasants, lowered oppressive taxes, raised agricultural production, strengthened public works
-placed Buddhism over Daoism as the favored state religion, built Buddhist temples and cave sculptures
-Chinese Buddhism achieved its highest development under the reign of Wu Zetian

(source: wikipedia, http://www.womeninworldhistory.com/heroine6.html)