PDA

View Full Version : New Penthouse Club in Paris, France

tabletalker
04-14-2013, 08:25 AM
I see that the club in Paris formerly known as Larry Flynt's Hustler Club is now a Penthouse establishment, very close to Champs Elysées. I must pay a visit next time I go to Paris.

I'm aware that Penthouse clubs in the USA have a reputation for spectacle. In general, how are they regarded by dancers and customers?

ava$
04-14-2013, 08:59 AM
I worked at a penthouse club in illinois,united states and it was great, there was always money but the allow their waitresses to do dances for $130 per song and $550 for vip which I didnt like. They are upscale and charge 40$ per dance but the custy has to buy a wristband for 5$ then 5$ goes to the house per dance.

ava$
04-14-2013, 09:03 AM
BTW how is the money in paris france?

arielbriel
04-14-2013, 09:46 AM
I'd imagine he wouldn't know since he's a guy.

ava$
04-14-2013, 02:14 PM
lol. oh I didn't gather that from the post. well nevermind that ? then...

shanna dior
04-14-2013, 02:19 PM
lol. oh I didn't gather that from the post. well nevermind that ? then...

You can tell the gender of a poster (well, the gender they indicated they are when they register for the forum) by the colour of the ribbon under their username. OP's is blue for male. The rest of the posters on this thread have pink ribbons. :)

ava$
04-14-2013, 02:21 PM
Ohhh, I never noticed that before, thank ya :)

tabletalker
04-22-2013, 11:48 AM
I worked at a penthouse club in illinois,united states and it was great, there was always money but the allow their waitresses to do dances for $130 per song and $550 for vip which I didnt like. They are upscale and charge 40$ per dance but the custy has to buy a wristband for 5$ then 5$ goes to the house per dance.
Thanks for this, Ava. And yes, I am a guy (last time I checked anyway).

I'm not best placed to advise you on the working conditions in Paris clubs, but I recall a post by a French dancer (Anteis) in a thread about two years ago which you'll find here:
https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/showthread.php?152218-Dancing-in-Paris-France
Hers is the second-last post and gives a lot of information. For "Hustler" now read "Penthouse".

As a customer, my own opinion of Paris clubs is that they are quite spectacular to visit - and expensive. The Pink Paradise has a long staircase that every dancer has to descend to commence her stage set (like in the movie "Showgirls"). It's very big on pole work, as was Hustler (and I expect that won't change under Penthouse management).

The Secret Square used to be a Stringfellows club, and I haven't been to it since the change in ownership.

GlamourRouge
04-22-2013, 12:21 PM
You have to be a European resident or have a visa to work in France (and most of western Europe now), and the club will not provide a visa.

lawdude
04-22-2013, 01:27 PM
So first it was a Hustler Club, now a Penthouse Club. Does that mean in a couple of years it will reopen as a Playboy Club?

ava$
04-22-2013, 03:46 PM
You have to be a European resident or have a visa to work in France (and most of western Europe now), and the club will not provide a visa.

So have you ever worked in paris? I am just curious to know what its like to work in another country as I never have and I am wondering is $$ better or worse or just what its like...

shanna dior
04-22-2013, 04:49 PM
So have you ever worked in paris? I am just curious to know what its like to work in another country as I never have and I am wondering is $$ better or worse or just what its like...

North American strip clubs are far more lucrative than European, for the most part.

GlamourRouge
04-22-2013, 09:11 PM

No, but I really wanted to work in Paris SO BADLY, but they changed the laws in the last couple years

OliveJardin
04-25-2013, 12:11 AM
I see that the club in Paris formerly known as Larry Flynt's Hustler Club is now a Penthouse establishment

^Really? I didn't know that (I haven't been back for years though). It was a cool club, I hope it does well as a Penthouse one as well.

tabletalker
05-11-2013, 09:37 AM
^Really? I didn't know that (I haven't been back for years though). It was a cool club, I hope it does well as a Penthouse one as well.
The club website is pretty much unchanged.
http://www.thepenthouseclubparis.com/en/

My abiding memory of the club is the view from the downstairs lounge, where you look up to see dancers on two stages 15-20 feet overhead. Quel beau spectacle!

Anteis
12-17-2013, 10:10 PM
Sorry, I'm late.

Still the same club, they just change the tables, some chairs and the main doors.
For info, go back to the topic listed before, only change is that now you need to be a super hustler to make a decent amount per night.

Enjoy

Djoser
12-17-2013, 10:21 PM
Makes me want to brush up on my French and give DJing in Paris a try. I have also heard they have very strict hiring standards there, but I wouldn't know that personally.