PDA

View Full Version : Ideas Needed on How an Adult Store could benefit models

Jim Haynes
04-17-2013, 06:28 AM
Hello, I was looking for some ideas and advice as to how an adult store might be able leverage the world of internet/online/webcam models and their fan base to see if it would be possible to put some money into a models pocket and of course that of the internet store.

Basically a friend of mine started an adult store within the last few months and was looking for a way to differentiate the store from others or at least find other methods of generating sales.

One of his ideas was to see if he could share any of the sales revenue with models, when it comes to say having models advertise the store to their fan base and then as fans buy, knowing that part of the sale will go to the model, it would in theory benefit all involved.

It is true that many models have links in their profiles where fans can buy models gift cards or items off their Amazon wish list or simply give the models tokens but I was hoping to find another angle.

Basically how the idea would work is that each model would have their own store coupon and if the percent off was 6, 7, 10 or whatever off the order, the model would then get that percent of the cost of the item. So if the customer bought $100 worth of products (before shipping and taxes) and the model gave out a 10% coupon, $10 of that order would go to the model and the customer would still get $10 off the purchase. I realize other companies like Amazon might do this but this way you can customize it more on a model by model basis. How would the models get the money? My thinking would be that they will be paid a lump sum of tokens weekly or every two weeks from the store owner.

So that's the basic idea and I am open to all feedback. Or even if anyone had other ideas and could spare the time to share them, I am open to suggestions.

AmyLynne
04-17-2013, 10:25 AM
It works in theory but you have to build trust to get girls like us to partner with us and that is easier said than done, considering when we get hit up as well as hit on so many time to do stupid things. Like a bikini car wash.. after I peeled myself off the ceiling from laughing so hard I explained to him that I take my car to a detail shop to get it washed and cleaned so why the hell would I break my nails etc washing some schmucks cars.

Jim Haynes
04-18-2013, 08:45 PM
Okay, thanks AmyLynne, I'll have to put some thought into it and see how to approach the matter but yes what you say does make sense. That's why I posed the question though, to try and understand where the model might be coming from or what their hang-ups might be about making such an opportunity work. So thanks again for the input.

MissSassyPickles
04-18-2013, 08:48 PM
- completely anonymous way to send gifts, buyer can't see gift receivers personal info
- difficult to cancel orders afterwards so we don't get scammed
- wish list feature that again, is anonymous

MissSassyPickles
04-19-2013, 05:45 PM
Also, don't bother with coupons. Set it up like Amazon's affiliate program but make it so that it's okay for us to make commissions off of our own gifts. (Amazon frowns upon this practice I believe)

Jim Haynes
04-20-2013, 08:17 PM
Also, don't bother with coupons. Set it up like Amazon's affiliate program but make it so that it's okay for us to make commissions off of our own gifts. (Amazon frowns upon this practice I believe)

Hi MissSassyPickles, what exactly do you mean? Are you saying that a customer could buy a model an item and send it to her? Then the model will make money off of this transaction? Or in other words a customer logs into his/her account, knows the username of the model he wants to buy a product for. So he chooses the product, selects an option to "send this product to the model" (without knowing of course the model's name or address. They would only know the model's username) and when the customer completes the purchase and approves the product to be sent, the model will then make a commission from this transaction.

Am I understanding that correctly or am I off target?

Jim Haynes
04-20-2013, 08:22 PM
- completely anonymous way to send gifts, buyer can't see gift receivers personal info
- difficult to cancel orders afterwards so we don't get scammed
- wish list feature that again, is anonymous

Thanks for these ideas. I'll note them of course and try to see what can be done both in the short and long term.

MissSassyPickles
04-20-2013, 08:23 PM
So with Amazon's affiliate program, if I have a website and I recommend an Amazon product, I make a small commission. Amazon doesn't want me to make commissions on products that I'm purchasing myself though. How your service could benefit models is that if we have a customer that wants to buy us something, we will choose YOUR site over Amazon if we can make a commission off of the gifts that are purchased for us. This could be done through our wishlist, or a specific affiliate link we send to the customer, but more than likely wishlist since it has our (anonymous) shipping information attached to it.

Jim Haynes
04-20-2013, 09:18 PM
So with Amazon's affiliate program, if I have a website and I recommend an Amazon product, I make a small commission. Amazon doesn't want me to make commissions on products that I'm purchasing myself though. How your service could benefit models is that if we have a customer that wants to buy us something, we will choose YOUR site over Amazon if we can make a commission off of the gifts that are purchased for us. This could be done through our wishlist, or a specific affiliate link we send to the customer, but more than likely wishlist since it has our (anonymous) shipping information attached to it.

Thanks for the clarification, understood now. The part where you can make a commission on products you purchase for yourself reminds me of like Starbucks and their "star with every purchase" towards a free drink but obviously in this case you will be making a commission on every purchase. And your last point, yes that makes sense too. I see no reason why a model should not be able to earn commission off their own list. It is like a double win for the model in my opinion. The customer can buy the product for the model, the model can get extra for the effort in promoting the store or product and the store still gets the promotion and the sale.

Jim Haynes
06-03-2013, 07:43 PM
Hello, I realize it has been about a month since I asked for suggestions but only recently has there been enough progress to give an update and provide a follow up.

A quick summary for now and then I can do individual responses below. The adult store is called Life of Pleasure and the link is ** LifeofPleasure.com **, I wasn’t sure about the linking rules on the forum, hence no direct link was provided.

We do not currently have a Wishlist feature which I realize is a must but we were running into some difficulty in obtaining all of the various features we wanted such as not sharing any personal information between customers except for say the Wishlist name and the public name of the person who owns the wishlist. So we thought it best to not offer the feature currently and then end up annoying customers by having them switch or redo their wishlists in the future.

If anyone is interested or simply wanted more information it would be best to contact the store directly through their Contact Us form but I will try and monitor the forum also of course.

Individual responses:

AmyLynne: If you have time and can provide any feedback, please let us know. Whether in the forums or through the site’s Contact Us page.

MissSassyPickles: We are working on the wishlist part of it still but there is no estimate as when this can be introduced. Agreed about the issue with order cancellations and hopefully our returns policy helps in this area. The part about making commission off the products, that would be part of the affiliate program but can we integrate the wishlist and affiliate program, that I am not sure about right now.

Nikki_Fox
06-04-2013, 08:45 PM
Maybe I missed something but what exactly are you offering with this update?

pinups4
06-06-2013, 06:28 AM
customer wants to buy gift. for model or not...but lets say for model
retail is 50, cost is 25 for example. store overhead 10. leaves 15.
give the model 5, plus the gift. store makes 10.

or offer her the option of taking 7 in store credit instead of 5. her option.

Jim Haynes
06-06-2013, 07:06 PM
Maybe I missed something but what exactly are you offering with this update?

Hi Nikki_Fox, I was simply following up to say that the site has been launched and whether or not anyone is interested currently, they can at least bookmark the site for later or keep it in mind. Previously when I made the original post, I was simply asking for ideas and feedback and nothing was created as yet.

Jim Haynes
06-06-2013, 07:08 PM
customer wants to buy gift. for model or not...but lets say for model
retail is 50, cost is 25 for example. store overhead 10. leaves 15.
give the model 5, plus the gift. store makes 10.

or offer her the option of taking 7 in store credit instead of 5. her option.

Okay thanks pinups4, I'll note that and see if it is possible to implement later on.

Jim Haynes
10-05-2014, 09:50 PM
Hi, I wanted to add to this post now that we have rebuilt our site at Life of Pleasure to better handle the above suggestions. The main one being that of the Wish list option and the ability to earn money from your wish list. Models, and customers in general, are able to have a wish list and earn a percentage of the sale from whatever is bought from their wish list and any other products that the customer decides to select at that moment. The only thing that the shopper sees is the Wish list name as the shipping address for the products.

Pinups4 had a suggestion about allowing the model to get either store credit or the commission. We do not have an option for that right now, it would only be commission. We do have a rewards program however where you can exchange credits for product discounts.

If you have any questions, our contact is models @ lifeofpleasure.com and of course we will check back in the forums now that things are up and running. For a list of current benefits you can visit