PDA

View Full Version : Seattle vs. Portland, advice?! P

Ryann
04-19-2013, 08:28 AM
I have been working for a couple months at a club in Seattle WA, I love it so much but the money is extremely hit or miss( maybe I'm just at the wrong club) absolutely no in-between and the rent is so spendy that my slow nights are really starting to get me. My question is, does anyone know if its worth the extra 2 hour drive to Portland? My friend and I were discussing driving up and sharing a hotel for 1-2 weeks depending on $$$ I know that they have a lot more clubs compared to Seattle and you can also drink alcohol which seems to make a huge difference. Any helpful advice is much appreciated!!! :)

trixxi
04-19-2013, 08:53 AM
hi i live near portland and dance in portland at a few clubs. there are some good money clubs but it is equally as unpredictable as you mentioned in seattle. some days are better than others. some clubs are more about stage shows and less lap dances, other clubs are reverse. cheap hotel rooms can be found at mcmenamins hotels, check out their website for locations. i think you are better off trying to make regulars, i have noticed my money went up when i text regulars that i am working. i am not a top earner though and my best night was almost $200 and i usually make about $100. because there are so many clubs it takes time to find a good club. one club i danced at was great in all aspects (nice stage, good management) but had absolutely no customers. another club i danced at had huge stage fees and typically 30 to 40 girls a night neither of those clubs did i do well at. now i am dancing at a dive and making better $. i think with gas costs and the time it takes to figure out a good club it would be wise to take greyhound or amtrak down and rent a room for one or two weeks. this way you save on lodging and transportation, have time to check out a few clubs and make a few regulars. send me a private message if you would like :) trixxi

astridorbital
04-20-2013, 07:24 AM
I know there's a very cheap bus that goes directly to Portland. Might not be worth it if it doesn't run late though! Seattle strip clubs are BUNK compared to Portland, at least that's what I've heard.

Elizabe
05-05-2013, 02:23 AM
idk it took me several months to build up the regulars it took to provide consistent $ nights (300-600) in pdx even then there are still bad nights. It is a very saturated market and sometimes the money just isn't there. However in terms of girls traveling from Seattle there were several at Union Jack's last time I worked there that were coming down every weekend it seemed like and it was definitely worth their while. I feel like Seattle is more competitive hustle wise than portland so it's easy for girls to come down and be top earners in a larger club where all the local girls are like thinking about foraging for their next tincture instead of asking guys for dances. Additionally many of the clubs are smaller so it can be difficult to get on the schedule immediately so for traveling girls auditioning would be a waste of time (unless you have a week to wait around just to work a shitty morning shift). Stars, Dolphin I & II, cabaret, spyce and union jacks are all same day/next day hire clubs. If you do choose to come down there are some very reasonable clean weekly hotels on Interstate ave such as the Monticello that would be super cheap especially if you were splitting costs with a friend. PM me if you have more ?s

Djoser
05-05-2013, 05:12 PM
I know a bunch of Portland stripclub DJs from a FB group. Sounds like there are a tremendous variety of clubs up there. Doesn't seem like they have gone the route of clubs in other major cities so much--a few huge clubs and then a moderate number of medium/smaller clubs. More a whole lot of medium and smaller sized clubs with an eclectic touch, which sounds more appealing to me for any number of reasons. How that would affect your money I don't know, but I'd be interested to see how it works out for you.

Good luck, and please let us know how it goes!

makeupda
01-13-2014, 01:07 PM
I am curious as to what the average house fee and tip out is like in Portland. Im from WA but now live in FL and dance mostly here in FL our house fee is $20 and the most ive ever made in a night was $2000. Typically (on good season nights) i expect to make $800 a night, but we are barely scraping $100 a night now and its mentally draining. I wanted to take a trip to Portland and try it. I danced at a popular downtown club in Seattle and did so bad. Im not sure if it was just me being nervous at a new club or the customers, but the house fee was insane and the license was crazy too, any help would be much appreciated :)