PDA

View Full Version : Bouncers/DJs/Door Guys

Jhh80
05-12-2013, 12:31 PM
Ladies, how well do the guys you work with do on a typical weekend night? Obviously they get tipped out based on how well you are doing... A few big expenses came up and thinking of making the change from one side of the biz (customer) to the other (employee).

Appreciate any feedback!

Djoser
05-20-2013, 03:31 AM
It can vary widely from area to area, and from club to club in the same area.

In some clubs there is no minimum tipout to male staff. I banked in one of them for a while, but the guys there now are hurting real bad.

shanna dior
05-20-2013, 07:32 AM
^Yep. There is no typical weekend night in one club, let alone across the entire country or around the world. I also don't tip based on how well I'm doing so much as how well YOU are doing for ME. Just because I made a G doesn't mean you get a dollar of it just for being present in the club. You do the bare minimum for me, and I do the bare minimum for you. Of course, some clubs have minimum tip outs that are percentage based, so those certainly work in your favour.

Jay12
05-26-2013, 06:00 PM
There are clubs where tipping staff (other than waitresses and bartenders) is not customary or simply not allowed.

whirlerz
05-26-2013, 06:02 PM
I know one club I worked at forced everyone to tip bouncers

Djoser
05-26-2013, 07:08 PM
I have heard of a lot of clubs where tipping was optional, and worked in two of them. But I have never heard of a club where tipping the DJ was not allowed at all. There's always some weird shit out there somewhere. I bet the DJs hate that club lol.

simone87
05-26-2013, 07:11 PM
I have heard of a lot of clubs where tipping was optional, and worked in two of them. But I have never heard of a club where tipping the DJ was not allowed at all. There's always some weird shit out there somewhere. I bet the DJs hate that club lol.

one of my clubs is strictly against the rules to tip the dj, and if you get caught tipping the bouncers " one of you is getting fired". *shrug* no idea why. maybe they think you're paying them off and its not fair to the girls who don't tip? no idea, i've always wondered

whirlerz
05-26-2013, 07:22 PM
One of the Dj's where I worked, later we both worked at a warehouse, where he proceeded to out me to everyone::) He said I didn't tip, but I did!

simone87
05-26-2013, 07:23 PM
^ what a low, shitbag move! wow! sorry whirlee!

Djoser
05-26-2013, 07:40 PM
Jesus that sucks, sorry to hear

Jhh80
05-27-2013, 12:46 AM
Great feedback. I figured it wasn't a get rich quick job (at least for the guys). From some of the guys I've spoken to, they clear in the low-mid 3 figures in tip outs on average/decent nights but it sounds like that might be hot air? Anything else I should consider prior to making a move for a 2nd job like this? Things to consider that I haven't thought through? Negatives and Positives?

Thanks!

Djoser
05-27-2013, 01:46 AM
Prepare yourself for long periods of boredom punctuated by short bits of possible violence--extreme violence in a few clubs. That's if you are a bouncer/doorman. I tried the doorman thing way the hell back & couldn't stand it because I felt chained to the fucking door immediately.

Really the DJ booth isn't much better as far as having to stay there, but I always know that if I really need to get out of the booth I can do it, and just knowing that makes it much more tolerable somehow.