PDA

View Full Version : Gown clubs

Jing-Qi-Shen
05-14-2013, 10:41 AM
What do you think of them? I've never been, but I think I might really like them. i have to find one, too. I assume its less skin everywhere, or is that only on stage? Are they more or less intimate? At a club where the dances weren't topless, I was more inclined to want extras and less so when the dancers are nude. I think that may not be a problem with gowns where I imagine things feel differently.

yoda57us
05-14-2013, 02:20 PM
Gown clubs are simply strip clubs where the dancer is required to wear a gown when she is not on stage and, in some cases, at the start of her stage set. They are just about extinct in my neck of the woods since, with the drastic reductions in dancer income over the last few years, most dancers don't spend on costumes the way that they used to. I was at a former gown club just a few days ago. Four or five years ago every stage set had to start with a gown. Those days are long gone.

Don't make any assumptions about what you get or don't get in a gown club vs. non-gown club. The dancers at the club I was just talking about get fully nude in two or three songs now and they did the same back when they had to wear gowns.

rickdugan
05-15-2013, 06:20 AM
With the exception of some Manhattan clubs, I cannot readily think of a club that I visit that really enforces this requirement anymore. No great loss, truth be told, as what what starting to pass for gowns in the later years was junky costume wear that the girls were obviously picking up for short cash. IMHO the short dresses and other outfits that most girls wear now look much better.

And to bring it back on topic, I never found any correlation between gown requirements and the willingness of girls to show skin during stage sets. The girls simply tended to wear gowns that were easy to slip in and out of.

lopaw
05-15-2013, 08:21 PM
At my fave club the dancers are given a monetary incentive to walk around nude, which most do. I'll take that over a gown any day of the week.

whirlerz
05-15-2013, 08:34 PM
With the exception of some Manhattan clubs, I cannot readily think of a club that I visit that really enforces this requirement anymore. No great loss, truth be told, as what what starting to pass for gowns in the later years was junky costume wear that the girls were obviously picking up for short cash.

Yep, I was just in the store checking for this very thing:-[^:rotfl:

/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=lopaw;2490356]At my fave club the dancers are given a monetary incentive to walk around nude, which most do. I'll take that over a gown any day of the week.

:OReally? Everywhere in my area seems dead set against this, puritan area I guess..
Agree that these places are dying out