PDA

View Full Version : MasterCard joins in with 500$ fee

Djoser
05-20-2013, 03:42 AM
First it was Visa with their 750$ non-refundable fee--plus 500$ yearly--for adult sites in the USA. Now MasterCard joins in the thievery. Even in Europe some sites are getting socked with it.

I'd advise anyone thinking of starting their own site to either stick with C4S and other 'studio' sites, or research alternate payment processing methods, before submitting to this bullshit.

joshg
05-31-2013, 05:38 PM
Djoser, I noticed this as well. What alternative payment processing methods do you recommend? Doing my own research as well but it's tough to sort out who is legit and who is not!

Djoser
06-04-2013, 09:11 AM
Man I do not know! I wish I could help you out, but I have not even thought about how to revamp the main site yet. Just been focused on loading more clips to Clips4Sale.

Somewhere in here there is a thread about payment processors I think. Feel free to bump it if you have any new information or questions. I might be doing the same (bumping the thread) pretty soon myself, but no need to wait.

Vamp
06-04-2013, 10:29 AM
The thing to keep in mind is that VISA and Mastercard are middlemen, so to speak. They are the process between the customer, the bank, and you.
This is the FAQ page (http://www.ccbill.com/cs/mc_faq.htm#HRM) for CCBill.com about the Mastercard fee. At this point it looks to be ONLY for adult websites. (https://www.ccbill.com/cs/wiki/tiki-index.php?page=What+is+the+difference+between+Low+ Risk+and+High+Risk+accounts%3F)
But they also point out that high risk customers are those deemed to get ALOT of charge backs.

Based on the brief info I have here about this new policy my suggestion is ......

In the Dollar Den we have discussed for years that girls and adult entertainment providers should be working under a registered business name and EIN. A very general name with a general business description.
You can then purchase merchant services thru that name. It elimates alot of hassles with these types of issues, lending, and tax benefits.
Get a good accountant or tax attorney to help with the process. Once you get the ball rolling it becomes alot easier to take care of other financial issues.

Even if you are not flagged as an adult provider, if you get alot of charge backs you could be labeled as high risk.
Learn about charge backs and how to prevent them from happening.

joshg
06-06-2013, 05:16 PM
@Djoser are you the webmaster for Clips4Sale?

Djoser
06-07-2013, 01:00 AM
No, but I do have a studio there with a model from my website.

joshg
06-08-2013, 11:55 AM
gotcha

edit - how do you pay your models? what payment method do you use to get them their share of the money?

Djoser
06-09-2013, 12:03 AM
I paid her in advance for the rights to the videos she sent me. She is still sending them but we have a huge backlog of videos I need to edit etc., so we have slowed it down.

I will also give her half the profits after we start seeing them, but there was a sizable investment when everything is added up, so that might take a little longer. Softcore solo is not doing well right now, be forewarned lol.

But she is very fucking hot and very fucking good at it. We are also going to start doing fetish stuff, which sells way better on C4S!

joshg
06-09-2013, 08:22 AM
ah i see, i actually meant how do you move the money from your (corporate?) bank account to her (personal? corporate?) bank account. i.e. wire transfer, or a physical check, or something else.

thanks for the info though, and i'll keep that in mind re: softcore solo lol :)

Djoser
06-09-2013, 12:45 PM
Wire transfer. Best done in larger amounts fewer times rather than smaller payments more often, as there is a fee every time.

joshg
06-09-2013, 12:57 PM
yeah the wire transfer fees are ridiculous...do you have any insight on what's the best method to move small payments consistently?

Djoser
06-09-2013, 01:12 PM
Hmmm, don't really know--some of the women here might know better ways. Whatever you do, don't use Paypal, because if they find out you are paying her for anything sexually oriented, they will confiscate the money! Which is of course bullshit.

joshg
06-09-2013, 02:27 PM
i've heard that, is it an issue for payments from someone like you (a business) to a model? i thought it was just an issue when a model tried to directly sell something to a customer, and the customer uses paypal and then reports the model for adult content, effectively getting the item for free and frauding the model.