PDA

View Full Version : Sex Toy Tester?

The_Ecdysiast
05-23-2013, 06:02 PM
Hey Everyone,

Does anyone here have any experience with doing this? I have a friend who is considering doing this, so I wanted to see if any people on here could offer some additional insight regarding the matter. Thanks in advance!

joshg
05-31-2013, 05:37 PM
That sounds intriguing, are they being paid to test a sex toy for a company that produces sex toys? Or paid to write a review for a company that produces reviews?

Just curious, hope someone else with experience can chime in!

IsobelWren
05-31-2013, 07:36 PM
I've never heard of such a thing and I've been in the industry for 8 years now.

MissSassyPickles
06-01-2013, 05:06 AM
I've heard of it. From what I know most companies you don't actually get paid in money you just get the toys for free.

The_Ecdysiast
06-02-2013, 09:38 AM
Thanks ladies for your input! Much appreciated.

MissSassyPickles, that certainly sounds more logical...I didn't think it was too lucrative, but I'm glad you confirmed that so I can inform my friend.

Thanks again.

YNOTJay
06-03-2013, 09:50 PM
I know someone at AVN who tests and reviews toys. She seems pretty happy with her job...

Melonie
02-06-2014, 10:16 AM
I'd tend to shy away if the new toy requiring testing has a 'weed-eater' motor attached !!!

slowpoke
02-06-2014, 10:30 AM
I'd tend to shy away if the new toy requiring testing has a 'weed-eater' motor attached !!!

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Tsani
02-21-2014, 07:53 PM
I used to do reviews on edenfantasys.com in exchange for free toys (and lingerie). It helped me build up my collection for webcamming but I stopped once I got enough stuff because it was time consuming and I hate writing lol. With their program you can also earn "eden points" which can be exchanged for store credit. No cash though.

One way to monetize in cash from testing out sex toys (but without the free toys, unless you're doing this alongside the edenfantasys program) is to make a toy review blog and link it with an affiliate toy store. There's a few programs such as myfreewebsite.com and myfreesexstore.com (IMO a ripoff of myfreewebsite). They allow you to make your own white label toy store but you need to drive your own traffic. A toy review blog would be what drives the traffic in this case. You can see an example of a white labeled toy store in the link in my signature, but I don't have a blog that drives traffic to that particular store. I do home parties and such and rely mostly on word of mouth. The income can be decent depending on how much time you put into it. A LOT of time is needed though to make a livable income from it.

Hope that helps!

CreamintheCupcake
02-27-2014, 01:52 AM
Edenfantasys used to be awesome. So easy to earn credit for purchases and got discounts for reviewing. I've friended over a dozen at least but it changed a lot. Still a great place tho. That's the only kind of thing I know of.