PDA

View Full Version : Industry Dating.

Jhh80
07-02-2013, 01:54 PM
First, don't worry, this isn't a "does she really like me" post, there's a lifetime supply of those on SW already.

Ladies, how often/how common is it for you (or other dancers) to become "involved" with one of the gents that works at a club you dance(d) at? I've heard both ways. ie it happens all the time , hence the terms "doorwhore and floorwhore" for some guys, and also that it doesn't happen very often, since smart businesswomen/dancers don't eat where they " $**t". :D

My guess was that it must happen reasonably often, given the proximity of working together and also, the built in "acceptance" of your current career and fact that you don't need to have the potentially uncomfortable "I'm a dancer" conversation after seeing a non-industry guy for a little while...

Interested in all experiences and/or opinions!

Djoser
07-02-2013, 03:44 PM
Happens all the time. Most guys simply cannot control themselves (much as so many of them act like they can) when some girl keeps rubbing all over them and asking them if they want her.

Many clubs have a rule against fraternization--but from what I've seen, the managers are usually the first to break that rule, and the worst about doing so.

The smart women know better than to mix business with pleasure, but from what I've seen, there are as many smart women as smart men in the industry--which ain't many. No offense to my wise and shrewd fellow SW members who DO have a clue...

Aniela
07-02-2013, 04:20 PM
I've seen a few instances of dancers dating staff specifically as a means of gaining favouritism at work, i.e. getting sent to well-spending customers. Of course the staff member in question benefits doubly from this kind of arrangement, as they're getting sm sought-after dancer tail & often a sizeable chunk of her increased earnings.

Then there are the girls that let themselves essentially be pimped out by mgrs, which I've seen mostly at the highly extras-ridden clubs but I guess happens everywhere - it's simply a matter of being more discrete.

I know of only one instance of a dancer & staff member getting together b/c of a genuine interest in each other. They met last fall at my home club, & altho they have both moved on to other clubs, as far as I know they are still together & doing well.

simone87
07-02-2013, 04:23 PM
every club i've worked at has had a bouncer/dancer or dj/dancer relationship going on..either undercover or out in the open. many times even a manger and dancer/manager waitress screwing. every single club. it happens often. i would never get into a relationship like that though, that's just trouble waiting to happen

Kellydancer
07-02-2013, 05:57 PM
Dating other workers in this business is common. I don't recommend it but yes I did date a DJ at one club and a bouncer at another. It happens a lot because working at a club is it's own world with different rules than a normal job such as cash money, night time, etc.

Aniela
07-02-2013, 07:13 PM
It does make sense from the 'different rules' perspective. You're w/ sm1 in the industry, who understands how it all works, & your schedules are more likely to mesh than w/ sm1 who has a vanilla job. I wouldn't be surprised if a good portion of industry dating came abt purely from this convenience factor.

Djoser
07-03-2013, 07:44 AM
Oh absolutely, much better to date within the industry I have found--just not in your own club! But sometimes I think I am the only guy practicing this method of avoiding trouble.

And managers almost always get the most offers within the same club--girls will fuck them just so they can get their way about stage, leaving early, getting away with shit in VIP, you name it. Some really ugly dudes are getting 1000 times more action than they ever would outside the business, it's amazing.

:D

Aurora_Sunset
07-03-2013, 09:45 AM
I see it a lot, and I understand it. Totally easier to date people within the industry since any form of adult work is so often stigmatized by those outside the field. But every time I've seen it in the same club, drama happens - well, I mean, duh lol I don't think it's a bad thing at all to want to date someone else within the industry, but it's usually trouble to date someone at the same place of work no matter what the job is. But that has never stopped anyone, in any line of work, from doing it so... lol we live on

Sometimes I wish I didn't have such a mindset of "work is work - don't get chummy with anyone here" cuz idk where to really meet other people in the industry (besides this site haha). But my life is also pretty drama-free, so I shouldn't complain.

OliveJardin
07-03-2013, 02:20 PM
I see it a lot, and I understand it. I don't think it's a bad thing at all to want to date someone else within the industry, but it's usually trouble to date someone at the same place of work no matter what the job is.

^Agreed. I've seen girls date bouncers, DJ's, bar staff, managers etc before- at least one girl at each club I've worked at has been involved with a staff member at that same club ::). I'm not saying it's common or uncommon, but that's just been my experience (or what I have observed).

azaleanola
07-23-2013, 11:07 PM
I think every club I've worked at has had at least one manager who was dating a stripper or a waitress.