PDA

View Full Version : Signs of burnout.

Tsepmet1
07-20-2013, 08:20 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/17/burnout-signs-stress_n_3581836.html?utm_hp_ref=own&ir=OWN&icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl20%7Csec3_lnk1%26pLid%3D345157

Djoser
07-21-2013, 03:10 PM
Very interesting. Some of those I'd never have guessed. But I'm surprised getting irritated easily with little problems or mildly annoying people isn't on the list.

Tsepmet1
07-21-2013, 03:56 PM
I feel like this article focused more on physical symptoms than mental ones.

YNOTJay
07-22-2013, 08:49 AM
Boy... I've sooo experienced most of those at one time or another.

Djoser
07-22-2013, 02:44 PM

Yeah that's true.

Djoser
07-22-2013, 02:44 PM

Yeah that's true.

DocSlam
07-25-2013, 11:14 AM
Burnout is a horrible, horrible thing. Because in so many cases you never know when it's happening. - One of my favourite singers retired last year, and his last gig was recorded live - nothing scarier than seeing an amazing vocalist opening his mouth with no words coming out, then discovering that a week after he collapsed in the studio. This is a chap who thought he wasn't doing too much.

This article is in an irritatingly twee manner, but I think people will never catch the specific signs of burnout, often because in my experience it occurs mostly when you feel there is no problem. It's like "yarr, I know I'm working hard for a long time, but I likes it!" then piece by piece your brain starts falling away like waves of acid beating down a giant wedding cake.

I agree that the article focused more on the physical symptoms, which are pretty much the worst symptoms to observe, as so many other things can cause burnout. I mean stress alone on a perfectly happy individual void of hard work at that particular time can give the illusion of burnout. Like my back feeling like the Titanic just buggered me from behind just when I've thought of bills I can't pay in the past. Stress is almost capable of making the body self-destruct, so I swear it'll always be not just what we do, but how we handle what we do that'll be the big factor.

Meh. I'm blabbering now, but this topic's pretty interesting...