PDA

View Full Version : Ive got an interview for security at a local club tommorrow - what to wear?

vigilante_inc
07-29-2013, 07:17 PM
I'm interviewing for a part time position at a local club tommorrow. Was curious what the appropriate attire would be for an interview for floor security job.

Anyone have any insight for me? Id like to make a good impression

shanna dior
07-29-2013, 08:52 PM
Nice pants and a nice shirt, like any other interview, duh. Don't roll in looking like a slob, especially if you're interviewing at an upscale place - or even one that tries to come off as upscale and has the staff dress up at work.

Djoser
07-29-2013, 09:37 PM
As close as possible to what the guys working floor security are wearing, maybe slightly dressier for the interview.

Barney Stinson
07-30-2013, 05:29 AM
Its time to suit up! ;D

No matter what job you're applying for, whether it security, waiter, janitor, general laborer...you always want to look your best for a job interview.

Flickdreams
07-30-2013, 05:50 AM
A Batman costume.

whirlerz
08-01-2013, 06:29 AM
A Batman costume.

Lol.
Yeah, I would dress in nice shirt/pants as suggested above..good luck

Jhh80
08-02-2013, 01:15 AM
One Word, Six Letters: Tuxedo.

Djoser
08-02-2013, 11:07 AM
I assume you are joking with the tuxedo. That'd work as well as a batman costume in some clubs.

A general rule of thumb--don't dress too much better than what the best dressed guy doing the job you want is wearing. You don't wear a three piece suit for a janitor job. If the guys working floor security are wearing ties, wear a really nice tie and one of your best shirts--not too flashy.

But all this advice is now moot, I believe the interview is over & done with.

vigilante_inc
08-02-2013, 02:35 PM
Interview is over and I got the job and have already worked my first day.

Thanks for the advice. I went ahead with a shirt and tie and slacks

lynn2009
08-02-2013, 03:13 PM
congrats :)

Jhh80
08-07-2013, 06:46 PM
Yeah Tuxedo was a joke. Never anything wrong with a little levity :)

Djoser, how do you handle dancers who don't tip well, either door guys or to the DJ? Yeah it's not mandatory, but lets face it, none of us is there to be making minimum wage...

Jhh80
08-07-2013, 06:49 PM
There should be a "blue" employees thread!! For a little more equality on SW! :)

Djoser
08-13-2013, 12:24 AM
This is sort of by default the blue area for employees.

How I handle non-tippers will vary from club to club. Some clubs enforce tipping, some will fire you for even mentioning the word 'tip' to a dancer. If you won't get fired for talking about it, catch them when they are in a good mood or they seem to appreciate something you just did for them, and give them the spiel about it being like family and we should all take good care of each other so we can all make money and be happy, etc. You can also get the point home by example. If a girl always tips more than minimum, she gets the Royal treatment. And the smart ones will pick up on this.

Usually I have found that taking excellent care of the dancers will result in very good long term benefits as far as tipping goes. And if they throw you even a few extra bucks one night, make a big fuss over them. Make them very glad they took care of you by taking a little better care of them.

I am also one of the few DJs who will tip my own dancers--but NEVER in a perv way--it's always very respectful and meant as an example to non-tipping customer. Best of all, send a girl to tip the girl and talk them both up. i have spent thousands of dollars on this in the last 14 years, and I have also made every penny of it back, and more.

But never, ever do this for a non-tipper.

Even then you will always have the ones who will use the slightest excuse to never tip you. 'He sneezed when he introduced me, the asshole!'. Or the ones who will feel victimized at nothing. Best to just write them off and pretend they don't even exist, except when you are forced to deal with them.