PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Backpage?

Toe Tag
08-15-2013, 07:41 AM
I was wondering if anyone had used it? Good, bad, or no comment. 8)

lestat1
08-15-2013, 11:54 PM
I haven't used it. I would strongly advise against it.

Toe Tag
08-16-2013, 05:20 AM
Good to know. TY

Golden_Rule
08-16-2013, 10:53 AM
For an adult entertainer Backpage adult ads are a sword that cuts two ways.

1) There is no faster way for a provider to get the word out she is in a particular city and garner the attention of those seeking services and $$$ in her direction.

2) Those reading the ads are not just the polite, business ready, cum and go, gents who want to give you their money but the loonies and the police. Either of whom you don't want to meet in a hotel room if you are providing adult entertainment services.

You have to balance these two forces against each other to determine whether the Backpage Adult classifieds is appropriate for your situation.

For a "hobbyist" [geeze I hate that word used in this context] it is less problematic.

You need to use the standard precautions you'd use in any format when searching for services that are illegal.

Attempt to know who you are dealing with.

Know the surroundings you are placing yourself in.

Have an 'action plan' to deal with bad results. This includes the ability to turn heel and get the F out of there if anything stinks upon arrival.

What I suggest in using Backpage is:

1) Only respond to ads of providers that have been around for a couple of weeks. Law enforcement stings don't usually last that long in prostitution cases.

2) Always google telephone numbers [with hyphens and without]

3) Always 'tineye' or google check photos.

4) Check against known providers on PMB's [TER, etc].

Doing so makes using Backpage no more risky than other ways of contacting people selling illegal stuff.

safado
08-16-2013, 04:16 PM
Are you looking for a provider, or are you a provider looking to advertise?

WendiStarr
08-16-2013, 05:07 PM
I agree with Golden_Rule that Backpage is a double edge sword. Are you a provider? If so, you have to exercise extreme caution on that website. After two scary experiences on there I will never go back there again.

Toe Tag
08-17-2013, 03:55 AM
Thank you GR great post. I was looking for a provider there.

SkylerScarlett
11-27-2014, 07:48 AM
For bachelor parties yes!