PDA

View Full Version : Craiglist ads -should i apply or not?anybody experienced it?thanks in advance-Lyn

Lyn7771
08-22-2013, 10:06 AM
Hello everybody

Im looking for some answers or similar things maybe???

Im really confused about saying yes to some weird Craiglist ad.has any of you experienced something like this?

I dont know what to do..I saw the other days a CL ad saying about webcaming from home..

Can you please tell me if any of you applied to it or has been paid?Sounds too good to be true and i dont know what to do.On the other hand i dont know what can i lose..or what other outcomes can i get?

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brx/tlg/3960327731.html

If another girl applied ,GOT PAID or anybody???

Thanks in advance

Lyn

tuesdaymarie
08-22-2013, 10:29 AM
Fuck no, don't bother with stuff like this. My general rule of thumb is if there is any unnecessary capitalization LIKE THIS, signs like $$*!~this~*$$, or vague promises that seem too good to be true (like getting $200 just for a silly little registration, no harm done), it's a scam.

Lyn7771
08-22-2013, 10:41 AM
Thanks for your quick reply Marie.I really appreciated it..I ve sent an email still cuz im very curious:))))

On the other hand ,what could happen with a registration????this is also why i posted it.Just got scamed?Been there already!!Im very curios if im gonna get paid..ill be waiting for their reply.

roast
08-22-2013, 10:52 AM
Fuck no, don't bother with stuff like this. My general rule of thumb is if there is any unnecessary capitalization LIKE THIS, signs like $$*!~this~*$$, or vague promises that seem too good to be true (like getting $200 just for a silly little registration, no harm done), it's a scam.

YES

CAPITALIZING = SCAM. ALWAYS.
ONE LINE FOR ANY FIGURE ABOVE $1 = SCAM
ALWAYS (Fuck, I even did a one line craigslist writing assignment awhile ago - wrote like 20,000 words for some asshole who committed $500. Ive never seen it. Any of it. None. What I wrote, fully googleable to this day).

Any extra money symbols $$$$$ = SCAM. ALWAYS.
Calling women "females" = PIMP SHIT. Which is the EPITOME of scam. ALWAYS.

This is an ad for a virtual studio (https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/showthread.php?160099-How-to-sign-up-for-sites-directly-to-earn-more-(aka-avoid-studios)), a super lazy one at that. Usually virtual studios that make a vague attempt at least have a website and one header graphic. At least.

If theyre saying "work from home" they just mean "sign up under my studio so I can sit on my ass and wait for the webcam site to send me 5-20% of your earnings". Most likely the webcam site is either Streamate or Flirt4Free (those two sites are FULL of virtual studios).

Please read this post: https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/showthread.php?160099-How-to-sign-up-for-sites-directly-to-earn-more-(aka-avoid-studios)

Or if you have time, the whole thread. It is FULL of people who regretted signing up under people like this. For certain sites they can lock you into contracts for a year OR even in perpetuity if you sign up for them and you'll be earning 20-33% gross of what you charge, instead of 35% (which is the maximum) <--- The site Im referring to here is Streamate.com (http://www.streamate.com/) or Streamatemodels.com (http://www.streamatemodels.com/)(the site to register for as an independent model)

You know how many cammodels I know of who signed up with a studio who got a $200 "signup bonus"? ZERO. Id do it myself for $200 if it was a site I dont work, are you kidding? But they dont exist, this incentive is nonexistent.

And Camming Connection is a crazily traffic heavy camgirl forum. If someone got $200 just for signing up, ppl would post about it all the time. EVEN in verified, no one has posted about any $200 signup bonus... on anything.

The largest affiliate bonus Ive ever gotten (and I watch these thinsg carefully lol, Im a lazy parasite for free money) is $50. But of course you have to meet a certain payout to make it which is usually 5x the amount.

I usually try to be more diplomatic: BUT DONT DO IT. This is the biggest scam in webcamming and it is extremely difficult to get girls out of virtual studio contracts - just PLEASE dont do it. I get posts on Camming Connecton, PMs, everything from people desperate to leave these kinds of studios who advertised to them - and they cant leave? And theyre shocked they cant earn 15-20% more like their peers, dont do it!

roast
08-22-2013, 11:00 AM
Thanks for your quick reply Marie.I really appreciated it..I ve sent an email still cuz im very curious:))))

On the other hand ,what could happen with a registration????this is also why i posted it.Just got scamed?Been there already!!Im very curios if im gonna get paid..ill be waiting for their reply.

Please read through Camming Connection, it may take awhile and you may get discouraged but dont? lol. Just keep reading, seriously, fuckton of indo, esp 2012 and earlier (sorry guys):
https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?198-Camming-Connection

Starting place for camgirls: https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/showthread.php?150383-Starting-Place-For-Cam-Girls

My rambly post about avoiding scams like this (for real, the modsof that forum, stickied my rambly thread bc your curiosity is VERY VERY VERY common and I made that post for YOU, for ppl who believe those kinds of posts very specifically, please please please read it): https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/showthread.php?160099-How-to-sign-up-for-sites-directly-to-earn-more-(aka-avoid-studios)

How to search that part of this forum, it is HUGE bc we're all internet addicts in denial (lolololol sorry guys but lbr): https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/showthread.php?169932-How-to-do-a-search-on-Stripperweb

If you sign up directly for bigbox sites, so those the sites I list in the thread above, you will get paid directly for the work you do from a megacorporation. If you sign up like the dude in that lazy ad, maybe youll get paid on time a few times? But ehhh when rent is due... probably not. And itll be 5-20% less than your peers.

Lyn7771
08-22-2013, 11:04 AM
that is so interesting..thank you roast

Lyn7771
08-22-2013, 11:05 AM
ill " sleep " on that and think twice

roast
08-22-2013, 11:44 AM
ill " sleep " on that and think twice

Thank you really. Seriously. This site used to be able to get people out of these kinds of contracts but we really cant anymore bc of how popular Camming Connection is among virtual studios and webcam sites. My goal in the post I linked to was "prevention" and if I can prevent from here on, thatll at the most minimum make a bunch of ppl who have railed against virtual studios feel like they havent wasted their time. At the most maximum youll do well on your own at a "major" camste (if youre interested, a lot of pros/cons to camming that this advertiser wont clue you into, we will though). If not the first few months bc this where ppl give up: def beyond that. It is adult entertainment on cam, even if non-nude, most non-nudes Ive encountered (not many) still do verbal fetish and taboo shows.

The only ads or virtual studios Id ever advocate are verifiable camgirls who are active and succeed on the same site. Or you can find 5 people who give positive reviews about one (where they arent getting affiliate money, kickbacks or anything). Everyone else is full of shit.

If youre up for it, join us in the circus of Camming Connection. If not, some asshole my end up with your ID, SSN, DOB... which for 2 MAJOR virtual studio owners that i found, they are convicted GOOGLEABLE felons. Not like they live in a state or country that publishes mugshts bc neither do - but I just recently found one convicted of identity theft. If you work a camsite youll be sending some dick like this your ID, SSN, DOB, your credit often equals your livelihood.

So yes, please please please consider and sleep on it first before jumping at a "fast money" opportunity. PLEASE. and to be brutally honest "good money" for me? On cam? Didnt happen until 3-5Months in. Varies for most, but that was my learning curve. Dancing I did wayyy better from the jump but I couldnt hack it, emotionally (and I chose the worst state for it). I have zero judgments on ppl who need money fast, I really do, but studios = false ads, bullshit, contracts you cant leave and more.

Good luck out there? Craigslist is full of wankers, affiliates (lol I do the same, sry karma), and more wankers. Good luck!

audritwo
09-21-2013, 08:36 AM
Roast, you are super awesome! Thank you for everything you do!

kfoxxy
10-02-2013, 01:16 PM
If a place is at all reputable you should be able to find information about their company through a quick google search. Like, if there is no information on who is posting the add, context clues, or a business/ website to find more information don't even think about it. If there is information then contact the site or phone number directly to make sure it is not a scam. Get your information before you sign or promise anything, or give out your own personal info.

Mister G
10-09-2013, 11:11 AM
hi everyone, i post job offers in craigsl, and i dont put that kinda of dstuff =#$!%^ but its so hard to get dancers, do you guys know any agency where i can hire girls???

i really need them for new jersey and its so hard to fin

Mister G
10-09-2013, 11:12 AM
hi everyone, i post job offers in craigsl, and i dont put that kinda of dstuff =#$!%^ but its so hard to get dancers, do you guys know any agency where i can hire girls???

i really need them for new jersey and its so hard to fin