PDA

View Full Version : Manyvids.com

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]

fetishqueen
08-20-2021, 02:15 PM
Regarding payouts, I seem to get a far worse exchange rate to the UK from MV than I do from any of my other US sites, C4S and Streamate for example. How is that even possible? I'm in the UK and usually use a rough figure to work out what I get from each site. It doesn't make any sense to me. On C4S for example I got the equivalent of 69 UK pence per US dollar. Compare that to 58 UK pence per dollar on MV. Same month, similar amounts. I'm sure my bank doesn't charge a fee, if they did it would be on all US payments anyway. Does anyone know why there is such a difference? It's really disappointing!

justsometwat
08-20-2021, 02:31 PM
I think it's because MANYVIDS is a Canadian company? The conversion works out correctly. A few years back I had to cash a check from them and had to take it in to the bank and fill out paperwork to cash it.

AuroraJade
08-21-2021, 01:18 PM
I used Manyvids when I used to make clips and cam under my old acct back a few years ago. I understand they have changed a lot, but I always found them reliable, support was good, site navigation was good and I had consistent paychecks from them, even being a non well known model. I can recommend them if anyone wants an OF alternative for their content.

I always found them geared towards vanilla content, tho. If you are a fetish creator, I would go with another platform.

fetishqueen
08-22-2021, 02:45 PM
I think it's because MANYVIDS is a Canadian company? The conversion works out correctly. A few years back I had to cash a check from them and had to take it in to the bank and fill out paperwork to cash it.

Well I learn something new every day! How did I not know that! Thank you, that would explain it perfectly. But damn that means I'm getting less than I thought, obviously I never noticed before.

fetishqueen
08-25-2021, 04:49 AM

Actually I have another query, I have two MV stores and got payouts this month on both. But the percentages are way different! I don't know which payout is for which store so I'm taking a guess, but I have one with a payout of $111 which gave me 80.60 in UK pounds. The other was a payout of $139 and I got 85.40 UK pounds! These arrived in my bank one day apart, oddly enough, usually they are the same day. But how can it be that the conversion rate is so different? i must be missing something...

The smaller payment actually was from clips sold over 4 months, that store is my smaller one. The larger amount from this half of August only. But surely any conversion rate would only apply on the day it was paid? Clutching at straws but it seems very odd.

justsometwat
08-25-2021, 06:34 AM
Maybe try emailing their support? I'm not sure why such a big difference!

SuperPookie
09-10-2021, 09:55 PM
Do you guys message customers who buy large amounts of premade content? I've had a guy spend a few hundred the last few days and was wondering if sending him a thanks or letting him know that I'm planning to film more of the fetish he is interested in is a good idea or if that would make him uncomfortable.

chloemay
09-11-2021, 06:55 AM
Do you guys message customers who buy large amounts of premade content? I've had a guy spend a few hundred the last few days and was wondering if sending him a thanks or letting him know that I'm planning to film more of the fetish he is interested in is a good idea or if that would make him uncomfortable.

Yes I send them a short thank you note including things like that.

SuperPookie
09-11-2021, 08:58 AM
Yes I send them a short thank you note including things like that.

I guess it's a moot point because I can't figure out how to send a message to a customer unless he sends one first lol.

Felicia[FightServ]
11-23-2021, 11:00 AM
Just got an email asking for the updated ID of a performer for a clip shot in 2015...soooo basically all old content is banned now once the IDs expire if that person goes out of contact?
Update: Spoke with support about it being an old clip and they rechecked the documents, since they were valid at the time of shooting the clip was allowed to stay up.

chloemay
11-24-2021, 07:06 PM
I guess it's a moot point because I can't figure out how to send a message to a customer unless he sends one first lol.

Sorry, I didn't see this, you go to Earnings> Recent Sales and there you see the list of all your sales with the option to pm the buyer.

Victoria_Gray
11-25-2021, 12:34 AM
I'm looking at coming over to MV, how are they handling the MasterCard changes from clip creators perspectives?

chloemay
11-25-2021, 08:53 AM
For at least a year now, MV makes you check a box stating that you are the only person in the clip, or that you aren't and then I don't know what it makes you do as I am a solo performer. Also a while ago some categories were banned. Other than that, no changes come to mind.

SuperPookie
11-27-2021, 11:16 AM
Sorry, I didn't see this, you go to Earnings> Recent Sales and there you see the list of all your sales with the option to pm the buyer.

Thank you <3

Victoria_Gray
11-28-2021, 07:07 PM
For at least a year now, MV makes you check a box stating that you are the only person in the clip, or that you aren't and then I don't know what it makes you do as I am a solo performer. Also a while ago some categories were banned. Other than that, no changes come to mind.

That sounds fair. I'm looking for somewhere else now IWC are impossible to deal with. I've heard MV have a bit of their own drama though?

SuperPookie
12-10-2021, 03:53 PM
Ok I have a few questions that are pretty dumb considering how long I have been on MV but maybe you guys can help.
1.How do I see my Activity Stream? All I can find is the one that is for everyone I follow. I did once and pinned a post and now I'd like to pin another instead but I can't find it again :D.
2.How long does it take before a change in the banner goes into effect? I edited it and saved it about 4 hours ago but it still shows the old one.
3. For the Fund Me do you get each individual payment towards the total or do you only receive the money if your goal is reached?

WonderWoman0642
12-14-2021, 03:34 PM
Ok I have a few questions that are pretty dumb considering how long I have been on MV but maybe you guys can help.
1.How do I see my Activity Stream? All I can find is the one that is for everyone I follow. I did once and pinned a post and now I'd like to pin another instead but I can't find it again :D.
2.How long does it take before a change in the banner goes into effect? I edited it and saved it about 4 hours ago but it still shows the old one.
3. For the Fund Me do you get each individual payment towards the total or do you only receive the money if your goal is reached?
1. Next to the manyvids tab, click "vids", then click "home", then click "activity log." After you click the "home" tab, it will show everyone's activity stream, so you have to click "activity log" to just show yours. I hope I explained that well lol.
2. I'm not sure about this one...are you talking about our profile pic?
3. Yes you get each payment towards the total :-)

TheBrownFox
12-14-2021, 03:45 PM
2. I'm not sure about this one...are you talking about our profile pic?

She's talking about when we go to our MV profiles, and in that top right hand corner there's a banner showing previews from 3 of our videos. And we can select (By clicking "Edit banner") the three videos we want shown in that preview banner.

That's a good question, SuperPookie. I just changed mine a few minutes ago, and it hasn't changed yet. Not sure if it's something that takes several minutes or what. I remember the last time I changed it, it didn't go through right away.

WonderWoman0642
12-14-2021, 03:52 PM
^Oooh yeah, it's been so long since I've changed mine lol.

Kayden
12-15-2021, 09:09 PM
They told me if I put name.manyvids.com on my social media or allmylinks, I would get 80% from any customers attracted this way, it was a ruse!

I couldn't figure out how to see if I have any of these increased commission sales so I contacted support and they said it's being developed or "coming soon" or something to that effect.

naomi_doll
01-31-2022, 03:44 PM
Got an email that content rules have changed, but no idea what changed. Anyone see something new? - https://info.manyvids.com/home/upload-rules

laurielegs
01-31-2022, 07:42 PM
Got an email that content rules have changed, but no idea what changed. Anyone see something new? - https://info.manyvids.com/home/upload-rules

I couldn't find anything new at all.

CatBBW
02-01-2022, 04:22 AM
I couldn't find anything new at all.

Same - but Amberly Rothfield tweeted something about receiving lots of DMs "about the Manyvids landlord thing" yet I still can't find anything in the rules?

https://twitter.com/AmberlyPSO/status/1488424571099402240

EDIT - unless they mean this: Content recorded or broadcasted from a location or scene in which there is no specific permission or consent from the location owner (E.g., Public shops, parks, gyms, location rentals)

naomi_doll
02-01-2022, 06:17 AM
Oh so like no filming in an air bnb? That’s not an issue for me but good to know.

TheBrownFox
02-04-2022, 09:38 AM
Re: the Love Struck video contest...how long do the videos have to be? Can it be a 30-second sample video like what Stripchat has us do for our "sample videos" (to get extra exposure in specific categories like 'tattoo...foot fetish...')? Or do they want it to be the same length as all of other vids...a few minutes long at minimum?

AlyssaJ
03-01-2022, 06:54 AM
I am planning to upload my clips catalogue (300+ clips) to MV but realized I have to edit every single one since they have an ending frame with the url to my store on C4S. I use Final cut and can't figure out if there is a way to batch edit out the last seconds without having to render and compress again. Anyone tech savvy have an idea? Using another program?

I e-mailed MV almost 2 weeks ago asking if an end frame with just my e-mail is ok, still no answer. Anyone know?

justsometwat
03-02-2022, 07:31 AM
I don't see why it wouldn't be okay to show email. Use their chat support rather than emailing. They are always super quick with fixing problems or answering questions there.

Felicia[FightServ]
03-02-2022, 04:23 PM
I've used MP4BoxGui in the past but it's very old.

Here's something more modern that looks like a good fit -
https://github.com/mifi/lossless-cut

SophiaSylvan
03-08-2022, 10:12 AM
It would be great if Manyvids got with the program and allowed ftp uploads. And let customers email us without having to pay a high premium rate for it that we don't see any of, when contacting us is the bait. It's annoying having to use the work arounds that customers use just because they want to order a custom video and have an inquiry before ordering.

chloemay
03-10-2022, 02:12 PM
I have a customer trying to tip me, but can't find the 'make it rain' button on my page on mobile. Can anyone tell me where to have him look?

SuperPookie
03-10-2022, 02:50 PM
Mine disappeared completely for anyone who is logged into their account though it could be viewed as a guest. Support just basically said "eh". It's been like two weeks now.

sc
03-12-2022, 03:23 PM
I have a customer trying to tip me, but can't find the 'make it rain' button on my page on mobile. Can anyone tell me where to have him look?

I hope you've found an answer already, but if all else fails, you can get to the "make it rain" options through the "services" tab.

innocentindian
04-25-2022, 09:42 AM
How long until after the deadline do custom videos expire? A guy ordered a custom 4 weeks ago but I was sick so I wasn't able to make it. I told him if he's still interested, he can re-order it after the current one expires and he said he'll do that. I checked my custom tab and it still shows his video but it says STATUS: due 1 day 21 hours ago

I'm making his video this week, but I was curious how long until after the deadline the custom order will still be available to fulfill.

WonderWoman0642
04-28-2022, 02:47 PM
Does the MV Flyer feature still work? I never get a response when I post new updates. Do customers just see everything on the MV feed? I'm just wondering the best way for them to see a new update. I honestly have no idea customers find my clips. I also noticed that when I schedule videos in advance, they don't show up in the feed (once it's live in the store).