PDA

View Full Version : Manyvids.com

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

justsometwat
08-24-2015, 04:37 PM
There definitely needs to be a form to order customs, I agree. I'd like to be able to list the things I will do and won't do and change pricing according to those different aspects. It's super difficult to make sure they don't send you something crazy and expect you to do it because there's no clear cut lines.

I had to have one refunded because he wanted me to do something that would have caught my body on fire. It wasn't something I had ever offered before but he ordered it anyway. Pain in the ass!

Aurora14
08-24-2015, 05:31 PM
Ya, a short form and maybe the option to accept or deny requests. Bodily harm doesn't sound cool (as a model that is not into that type of work). Like, On my profile I said to communicate with me so I can work out details first and give a price quote. I have my basic non nude rates listed as place holders and figured I could always change the rates according to what prices I would quote. But we know how well guys read profiles.

I'm the type that likes to have a plan. I'm super picky. Kind of a perfectionist when it comes to custom content. And with what I charge, I feel like the extra e-mails/ time spent hashing out and double checking on the details for even a simple request can do a lot to having super satisfied customers. I really should start putting some of that attention to detail in my regular content. I've been slacking.

This all being said, I am glad there is even an option for custom work. With all the content sites, there just aren't too many offering GOOD custom content options (we are looking at you C4S). If it comes down to it, and I can't get it figured out, I'm sure I could talk to support if I need to have his payment refunded.

MV Support Agent
08-25-2015, 11:01 AM
I wish customers had to fill out a form for customs before being able to buy one... I had a customer ask me about custom prices a few weeks ago in my e-mail but the prices I gave him were for DIFFERENT payment processors (meaning I'm taking a big paycut if I accept the work on MV) and I'm having a tough time working out what exactly he wants because of a language barrier... I hope I can get this worked out and still give him a quality video. Just felt like venting...

We have been brainstorming ideas to make the custom vid process simpler for both models and members.

As for the prices on MV, you make 60% of all gross revenue - so when selecting your price you put for your custom vids try to keep that in mind. Although you do take a "paycut" we cover all expenses to run the site, and handle all the support associated with the purchases.

You can Vent anytime, we are always here to listen :)

Aurora14
08-25-2015, 05:15 PM
I wish customers had to fill out a form for customs before being able to buy one... I had a customer ask me about custom prices a few weeks ago in my e-mail but the prices I gave him were for DIFFERENT payment processors (meaning I'm taking a big paycut if I accept the work on MV) and I'm having a tough time working out what exactly he wants because of a language barrier.

As for the prices on MV, you make 60% of all gross revenue - so when selecting your price you put for your custom vids try to keep that in mind. Although you do take a "paycut" we cover all expenses to run the site, and handle all the support associated with the purchases.

I was able to get it worked out with my customer! I fully understand the reason why there are revenue splits and why they are the way they are. I just didn't realize he was going to be doing the purchase on MV. So it was a mis-step on my part. I will have to do my math and just adjust my pricing so that customers will have to haggle down. Until I figure that out, I'm willing to trade what I would have made for the placement points/ rank. (yay! Moving up) The customer I'm working with has actually been buying my work consistently, so hopefully he is as satisfied with the arrangement as I am.

Heidi_M
08-30-2015, 03:42 PM
Hi Ladies! I was wondering what you use to record your video's. I made two videos for manyvids last night and when i uploaded the preview was not the best quality. The quality looked great when i previewed it on my Logitech software. I have a Logitech hd pro 910.I'm thinking about buying the 920. I tried doing a practice video right now because the lighting is better now, since its day time. It looked a little bit better. Im thinking of using my samsung galaxy to record. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Aurora14
08-31-2015, 05:23 AM
I just use my C920 and built in webcam to record.

justsometwat
09-01-2015, 07:08 AM
I use VLC player to take screenshots. You can upload the screenshot as your display photo for your video, you can even add text to it if you want (through paint or photoshop or whatever).

If that's confusing I'll explain :P

I right click on my videos and open with VLC player, then skip through the video until I don't look like a dummy, pause and hit shift+s and it saves it as a screenshot. It always saves as a .png file, some sites don't support that file type, but if you open VLC and go to TOOLS - PREFERENCES - VIDEO - then go to VIDEO SNAPSHOTS you can change from png to jpg and you can change where it saves the screenshot. I put it in the same folder where my videos are saved.

MV's generated screenshots always make me look silly...I'm starting to worry that it's just how my face looks... :O:D:P

*edit* I think the videos don't look as good because to Inspect element says it resizes based on the browser size, which honestly, I never noticed but is kind of cool. So if you have a 1080 resolution video it will be resized to fit their player/your browser.

pixiepower329
09-06-2015, 08:09 AM
So here's my question.. is it possible for one person to have 2 or 3 stores like they do on C4S? I seem to do better when I can segregate my content.

CummingCouple
09-16-2015, 12:00 PM
This custom form feature with duration, genres that we accept, and additional details would be an incredible addition. Something like that would definitely boost the ranking opinion of manyvids among content producers and probably the customers as well. It would definitely be an addition that the competition doesn't really have available. I love manyvids, Best pp ever there last month & I wasn't trying. The only downside is that it caused me to neglect c4s studios, oops :P but it's for a good reason!

For content producers/cammodels looking through this thread:
If you're in CFL (on manyvids or even want to get started there) I would love to help each of our accounts out by making TF content together. Asking girls who aren't motivated in the biz has gotten me "deer in the headlights" stare in videos which doesn't translate to sales, so a little experience on cam would be awesome. If you want to talk more about it, I'd be happy to. Who knows, we might even become good friends :) Anywho, you can find me on MV under Chezza Luna or on twitter @cammingcouple (if anyone can think of a more relevant thread to post this in then go ahead and tell me)

MV Support Agent
09-25-2015, 11:43 AM
please contact [email protected] and we would be happy to answer this for you :)

MV Support Agent
09-25-2015, 11:45 AM
So here's my question.. is it possible for one person to have 2 or 3 stores like they do on C4S? I seem to do better when I can segregate my content.

Yes, you can open multiple stores.

The only thing is , since they are separate accounts the earnings cannot be combined. If you have any other questions contact me [email protected]

MV Support Agent
09-25-2015, 11:51 AM

Yes, you can open multiple stores.

The only thing is , since they are separate accounts the earnings cannot be combined. If you have any other questions contact me [email protected]

justsometwat
09-30-2015, 07:57 AM
Uhh what?

So they are encouraging models to get drunk and make videos for them? Do they not have to adhere to the same credit card policies as other sites? I see a lot of ageplay, incest roleplay, actual incest, pee, etc.

This is one of their rules:
17. No Intoxication - Someone cannot be intoxicated during sex in any vids or images. This includes, but is not limited to: Alcohol and all other substances that cause intoxication or can cause someone to be considered as being under the influence.

Is it just me or is this a tacky, bad idea?

Announcement for ALL MV girls!!!

The next time you go out with the girls, have a fun night with your babe, or simply stay at home and have one too many glasses of wine, and start getting a little tipsy, take advantage of it and take a video of yourself giving a tip about anything you wish!

In the near future, we will be holding a Tipsy Tips contest!

Your video should be somewhere between 10-30 seconds long. Keep it simple and short but remember to be yourselves!

Once you have a Tipsy Tip to share, simply send it to me ([email protected]) and I will gather all of your vids, and announce when the contest starts.

Keep in mind, we want to make this as humorous as possible & have as much fun as we can with this so don't take it too seriously, get creative!

Once the contests starts, members will be able to vote & then the winners will be announced.

Prizes are as follows:

1st place winner will receive $150

2nd place winner will receive $100

3rd place winner will receive $50

So, make sure you start sending in your Tipsy Tips as soon as possible & let the fun begin!

Snowy0Star
10-01-2015, 08:21 PM
Uhh what?

So they are encouraging models to get drunk and make videos for them? Do they not have to adhere to the same credit card policies as other sites? I see a lot of ageplay, incest roleplay, actual incest, pee, etc.

17. No Intoxication - Someone cannot be intoxicated during sex in any vids or images. This includes, but is not limited to: Alcohol and all other substances that cause intoxication or can cause someone to be considered as being under the influence.

Is it just me or is this a tacky, bad idea?

Sinna (2pee4you)
10-04-2015, 05:58 PM

It's the same rule as c4s has and it's one of those rules where you have to read really carefully. It comes down to this: You can be drunk all you want, just not DURING sex. So if you are a solo girl or anyone not currently having sex, you can be drunk / tipsy / wasted.

MissAdriana
11-09-2015, 04:41 PM
How do you delete a photo? I am missing something

VivianofAustin
12-28-2015, 10:37 PM
Speaking about crazy custom video requests:

He wanted me to do something that would have caught my body on fire. It wasn't something I had ever offered before but he ordered it anyway. Pain in the ass!

Hahahahahaaa ahhhh! I'm crying! OMG! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

SweetJulia
01-10-2016, 05:11 AM
I wasn't aware you could sell snapshot and kick on here! What do you guys usually charge for that and how popular is it? Sorry, I know most of you are New yourselves, but I was just curious how to price such things.

SweetJulia
01-10-2016, 05:23 AM
Crap I accidentally uploaded a topless pic and there's no option for taking it down. MV please don't think it was on purpose!

Sinna (2pee4you)
01-14-2016, 10:31 AM
You can have topless pics, no problem. Your video previews - at least most - show much "worse" than topless and they are just one tab away. At least that's what I figured.

Hover over your picture thumbnail, a small white circle appears at the top right corner with a grey X in it. Click it to delete that picture from your gallery.

RaeRae
02-16-2016, 08:49 PM
So, knowing that they payout on the 1st and 16th, did anyone else not get paid today? This is the first time I've hit payout and I'm set up with payoneer, but the money is still showing in my account as for the next paycheck.

Missjayne77
02-16-2016, 09:36 PM
It usually takes 1 or 2 days after the 16th before hitting your account.

RaeRae
02-16-2016, 09:46 PM
Ahh okay. Thanks so much! I just wish they'd say that, rather than say it's paid out on the 16th then as I was expecting the email today for payoneer :-P

MissAdriana
03-27-2016, 05:15 PM
Is this a regular thing or is it only today because it's the 1st time I'm seeing it:

Maintenance time!

Notice: Website will be down for emergency maintenance. We should be back up between 7:45pm and 8:30pm ET

DonaDiabla
03-27-2016, 08:11 PM
My review of Manyvids.com:

I sell more texting and kik packages than videos there. But Manyvids did help me market my Machinima and animation clips better for their audience. I am pretty happy with them. :)

CuteKitty
03-28-2016, 12:43 PM
How many days they take to accept ? :S I signed sunday...and nothing.

justsometwat
03-28-2016, 01:54 PM
How many days they take to accept ? :S I signed sunday...and nothing.

You need to keep in mind that Sunday was Easter, so you'll have to take into account that they might have been off for the holiday.

CuteKitty
03-28-2016, 04:55 PM
sorry...wait...I signed Friday not sunday hahahaha bad english

CuteKitty
03-28-2016, 04:56 PM
Its been 3 days.

LustyLark
03-28-2016, 10:51 PM
Again, probably the same answer it is the Easter weekend. But seriously, I was approved within 12 hours at the end of February.

MissAdriana
03-31-2016, 04:15 PM
Does anybody's "next payout" say $0.00 even though they made a sale today? What happened to my previous earnings, the whole earnings section is messed up. GRRR

Missjayne77
03-31-2016, 04:49 PM
It's because it's rolled over to the first. The last sale probably just got into the 31st. Have a look at Recent Sales.

justsometwat
05-17-2016, 09:17 AM
Today is a very meaningful one for us here at ManyVids because we are very excited and proud to celebrate a new launch and open our doors to the LGBT community!

We would like to cordially welcome you ALL to our platform and look forward to working with each and every single one of you!

This project has been in the works for quite awhile, and just in time for International Day Against Homophobia & Transphobia, the time has come!

Want to join us? Click here! And remember, we encourage you to reach out to us for any help you need throughout the signup process!

Do you have any Gay/Trans friends who would be a perfect addition to the MV family?

Until the end of June (using your affiliate link) you will get a $50 affiliate bonus once they join, upload 5 vids & announce their new profile on their Twitter account!

-MV Team

*If you are a member and want to see more of this hot content, make sure you follow our @MVBoyUploads & @MVTransUploads accounts on Twitter!

Want to browse the Gay/Trans content on the site? Head over to the Studio section! And remember, MV is YOUR space. You can personalize your content preferences at any time by going into My MV > Settings and selecting exactly what you want to see!

Link to blog <- (https://www.manyvids.com/Article/1164/Its-Official-MV-Is-Now-Rainbow-Colored/)

DonaDiabla
05-18-2016, 05:08 PM
Yay, as a studio....I can sell more of my transwoman and gay male content ;) It took them long enough but better later than never.

Link to blog <- (https://www.manyvids.com/Article/1164/Its-Official-MV-Is-Now-Rainbow-Colored/)

miss_anja
06-08-2016, 11:41 PM
I created an account on MV 5 days ago, it's still pending approval. Does it take so many time to be accepted?

justsometwat
06-28-2016, 03:10 PM
Anyone else annoyed that they run these contests that only the popular people that win? You have to have a huge following or give away stuff with the donations they do for the cash contests. Sure your fans can vote for free on most of them every day but how many people actually go back after a couple days?

They kept dong these contests where popular girls teamed up with other popular girls and they split the money. You simply cannot win these when there's MFC girls advertising to everyone in their cam rooms. That or it's the person with the most cash votes, some of these girls are getting $500+ votes. How can most people keep up with that!?

I am happy that MV is giving away so much money and it's cool people can win, but it's always the same group of people that get it. "here's free money to go with your massive amounts of money!"

I know I sound petty and jealous, but not everyone has a cam room and not everyone makes a ton of money there. Just like IWC and KB, MV is all about top girls (which are generally top MFC girls too), leaving the rest of us picking the scraps.

I will say that running a new contest one after another isn't very exciting, I think they should do one every couple of months rather than back to back. The novelty wears off quick. I don't even bother reading their contest blogs anymore.

Missjayne77
06-28-2016, 06:20 PM
Anyone else annoyed that they run these contests that only the popular people that win? You have to have a huge following or give away stuff with the donations they do for the cash contests. Sure your fans can vote for free on most of them every day but how many people actually go back after a couple days?

I will say that running a new contest one after another isn't very exciting, I think they should do one every couple of months rather than back to back. The novelty wears off quick. I don't even bother reading their contest blogs anymore.

THIS.... Yep yep yep

Honestly I moved across my traffic from manyvids to iwantclips. I'm over them.

DonaDiabla
06-28-2016, 07:07 PM
Justsometwat, you are so right. If you are a studio; you start to see popular studios win prizes only :) So, you have to run contests every month.

They kept dong these contests where popular girls teamed up with other popular girls and they split the money. You simply cannot win these when there's MFC girls advertising to everyone in their cam rooms. That or it's the person with the most cash votes, some of these girls are getting $500+ votes. How can most people keep up with that!?

I am happy that MV is giving away so much money and it's cool people can win, but it's always the same group of people that get it. "here's free money to go with your massive amounts of money!"

I know I sound petty and jealous, but not everyone has a cam room and not everyone makes a ton of money there. Just like IWC and KB, MV is all about top girls (which are generally top MFC girls too), leaving the rest of us picking the scraps.

justsometwat
06-28-2016, 09:58 PM
Im glad I'm not the only one, but you know they will never change yow they do it. Life's not fair! :p

PhatGirlDynomite!!!
06-30-2016, 11:31 AM
Does anyone have issues when sharing their clips on twitter or tumblr? Ive had a few tweets get marked as sensitive material. Just the tweets because my twitter account isn't marked like this. And now on tumblr the post are blocked. I've made a few post on my tumblr in the last week but it seems to have blocked anything from MV's for now? MV's is the only site where this has happened and I really don't want to lose my current stuff. I may have to create another tumblr just for commercial stuff.

PhatGirlDynomite!!!
07-01-2016, 02:38 PM
Did you guys know that the cutoff at the end of the pay period is 7pm est? Where are they? Because I was winning so hard between 9pm and 11 last night. And I woke up this morning and realized it rolled over.

justsometwat
07-01-2016, 06:10 PM
I am in CST and I was pretty sure their site time was 6-7 hours ahead of me. I cannot remember where I saw this, but I remember I did. It would make sense, 7 pm est is 6 pm cst - so UK time for them, maybe?

lizzyX
07-08-2016, 03:17 PM
I just wanted to add that Ive been with MV for over a year and didnt have any problems until I went to change my address in December. For some reason now they cant seem to get me paid properly. Every check I earned since Christmas has been over a month late. They have the right address on file, I can see it, but they keep saying it is being sent back and blaming it on the post office. I live in a small town, Ive received mail with just a name and zip code from my blind grandma, and I get my vanilla paycheck in the mail every other week, no problems,so to blame it on my mail lady is ridiculous. I talked to the mail room manager, they assured me if it had been sent, they would have known where to take it to. (My town is that small) . MV support is not helpful, they just keep offering to resend it saying no other models are having troubles, then why cant they look into my troubles for me? I wasnt able to get Christmas bought for my kids til February because my husband hung himself over financial troubles in January, I had to borrow money for gas to get to the hospital because my paycheck didnt show up again that month! Shows how much they care! Clips4sale never did this to me, I get my checks in 4 days everytime I get a payout from them. I took my vids offline with MV, Im not letting them treat me like a hooker.

lizzyX
07-08-2016, 03:20 PM
I forgot to add that support will not allow you to talk to anyone but them. I have been trying to get in touch with someone else for months and they wont let me.

SylvySinclair
07-08-2016, 03:31 PM
i never made shit on mv, so i dont even bother with them. the sites where they have a lot of contests, prizes and this kind of shit, aint for me. i just wanna sit in peace in my room, get my shows and my money, period. call me lazy whatever, i dont have the age or guts for that shit anymore. lol

Bootsie
07-12-2016, 02:20 PM
Does anyone have issues when sharing their clips on twitter or tumblr? Ive had a few tweets get marked as sensitive material. Just the tweets because my twitter account isn't marked like this. And now on tumblr the post are blocked. I've made a few post on my tumblr in the last week but it seems to have blocked anything from MV's for now? MV's is the only site where this has happened and I really don't want to lose my current stuff. I may have to create another tumblr just for commercial stuff.

Tumblr is aggressively taking out ANY links they see as "affiliate" links and shutting down accounts that they think exist "only to sell items or services". I got my Tumblr shut down (two diff ones now). You can't even link to MFC, SM, or CB from Tumblr anymore, they strip out the links so you have to cloak everything. Basically, if you run a free porn tumblr with all stolen content, you're good. If you want to advertise yourself by putting up cute and sexy content you made and own, you're screwed. It's total bullshit.

justsometwat
07-13-2016, 01:01 PM
I don't know the whole story, but for one of their latest contests, I think the highest earning bullshit thing, a model apparently had her ex boyfriend contribute towards this. He was on her IP address, with her debit card, and bought her votes to help her win. Right or wrong the lack of professionalism on MV's side is appalling. She (the model) doesn't think what she did was wrong and MV is saying it's not okay because he used her cards on "his" account.

Why are they letting models buy their own votes anyway? Why are they arguing with the model and other twitter users publicly on twitter? Isn't this a conversation for email or something?! You can see the conversation if you go to their twitter account under Tweets & Replies. I think they should take a break from these stupid cash contests and just work on improving the site in ways that make it less cluttered and easier to use.

Bootsie
07-15-2016, 07:27 AM
I don't know the whole story, but for one of their latest contests, I think the highest earning bullshit thing, a model apparently had her ex boyfriend contribute towards this. He was on her IP address, with her debit card, and bought her votes to help her win. Right or wrong the lack of professionalism on MV's side is appalling. She (the model) doesn't think what she did was wrong and MV is saying it's not okay because he used her cards on "his" account.

Why are they letting models buy their own votes anyway? Why are they arguing with the model and other twitter users publicly on twitter? Isn't this a conversation for email or something?! You can see the conversation if you go to their twitter account under Tweets & Replies. I think they should take a break from these stupid cash contests and just work on improving the site in ways that make it less cluttered and easier to use.

Sorry, but this is actually hilarious. Like PMSL hilarious, I spit coffee all down my front. Like C4S discovered with the booty shaking contest drama, when you offer big cash incentives, things get shady and cut-throat really quickly. But hey, just like SM and their BS contests, MV is taking the short view of how much extra $ they make AT THE TIME and continue it because of that.

As a side note, since they started doing these contests all the time, my sales have dropped, likely because guys are going for the super-cheap offers and bonuses offered for votes, not to mention that it's all top girls all the time on the front page and the rest of us are hidden.

justsometwat
07-15-2016, 08:16 AM
EXACTLY! If I become a contestant in that contest and I offer all of my videos for $50 (which I can do using the MV link they allow us to give out), then what is the incentive for those customers to then go to the my profile and BUY any of my new videos as they come out? They offer free videos, fan signs, snapchat, kik, skype, all of those services to gain "votes". Which, to be honest, is fucking stupid that rather than having your customers go back every day to click a little icon that says VOTE, they can PAY to vote. What if I don't want to offer all of my videos for a few measly bucks? Then I am out of the contest because I can't keep up. I see girls offering everything for next to nothing to win. I can't and won't do that, so I don't join in on the contests!

It is the same principle with MyGirlFund. Miodel X offers a VIP deal of all content for 6 months for $100. Customer buys it, gets TONS of videos for 6 months, then never goes back to her. Why would he? He just got all of these videos (essentially for free). He is definitely not going to go back to her profile every day to see what new content she has so he can kindly remind her that she owes him those videos for free.

There's 155,000+ videos on MV right now. There's 6,000+ girls, what is there to distinguish you from their top models? Nothing. Even with their search function it is just a wall of faces and bodies. It's very disappointing.

justsometwat
07-25-2016, 03:28 AM
You can!