PDA

View Full Version : Manyvids.com

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11

Victoria_Gray
10-28-2019, 08:04 PM
OMG. After a day of them wasting my time and my having to get verified and allt he things... I am told that they want me to sell crap on their website then individually email it to people.

Ah, guys... that's not why people come onto websites like yours. Also, you could have opened with that when I got in touch with you more than a week ago.

Absolute idiot time wasters. STAY AWAY!

justsometwat
10-28-2019, 08:12 PM
That's all really weird and doesn't sound right. I think they do some questionable things but I generally think their site is good. It doesn't have a lot of traffic for my content but I've gotten a few good customers from there

Victoria_Gray
10-28-2019, 08:20 PM
That's all really weird and doesn't sound right. I think they do some questionable things but I generally think their site is good. It doesn't have a lot of traffic for my content but I've gotten a few good customers from there

I was stonewalled via twitter when I asked if they took audio only, then support last night were awful, then today the guy didn't know what he was doing - the conversation went for more than an hour, too mind - before saying oh yeah no audio only can't be sold as vids because of how the site is set up - so make audio separate dumbasses, rather than telling me to convert to a file that still won't work - and he said I would have to sell it as store items and email codes to people. Honestly, if i am doing that, I am going to work as an indie and keep all the profits, rather than sharing with someone who doesn't know how to run a business and is doing nothing but being assholes who stress me out! UGH!

But why take more than a week to get here when they could have just responded to my twitter in the first place!? Seems like a pretty shitty way to behave from the first.

PixiieGirl
10-29-2019, 03:12 AM
UGH.

So I signed up for MV and last night tried to upload some vids for the first time. First I had to find software to convert the MP3 audio files into MP4 files (with only audio, how deceptive is that, and it was one of their support people who told me to do it too!). The support person didn't help at all and was super smug and bitchy.

Then today I tried to tweet them for help after my computer spent all night uploading vids and then today the vids still weren't ready to make live on the website. They have not responded to the tweet - just as they didn't respond to a tweet before I signed up, and the support bitch dismissed this too btw - so I am trying to IM support but am getting nowhere.

So my question, if anyone on the forum can answer using their own experience is: "Hi, I uploaded a bunch of vids overnight and a few things went wrong. One is that they didn't all upload, and the second is that you need samples and when I go to approve you making samples (do I have to do this?) the system says it is optimizing the vid, but that's been happening since last night with some of them. Is there something wrong your end, with my account, or is this just normal with MV?"

Is your upload speed low? Mine is and videos just don’t upload anymore, they hang so freeze at a % and never get higher, it’s down to my slow internet as when I went to my parents who have great internet it all worked fine

BustyLark
11-03-2019, 05:13 PM
I believe folks that do audio only on MV make like a video background of some sort so that it loads like a video but is really just audio if that makes any sense at all?

SuperPookie
11-04-2019, 11:57 AM
I believe folks that do audio only on MV make like a video background of some sort so that it loads like a video but is really just audio if that makes any sense at all?

Hmm so like a plain background with the title or whatnot that plays thru the whole clip? I guess I could do that though from what I can tell most audio customers seem to want mp3. still it would be worth a try

takiaya
11-04-2019, 12:18 PM
Is your upload speed low? Mine is and videos just donít upload anymore, they hang so freeze at a % and never get higher, itís down to my slow internet as when I went to my parents who have great internet it all worked fine

I was running at over 25mbp upload speed the other day and my videos kept crashing when uploading. I think they are having site issues with their uploader, also had an issue trying to send a custom a guy ordered last week, didn't want to upload, and I don't think the guy believed me as to that was the reason it was late xD

justsometwat
11-05-2019, 12:25 PM
Anyone else not get their direct deposit from the last pay period in October yet?

Usually I get paid by the 2nd or 3rd at the latest.

justsometwat
11-05-2019, 02:33 PM
Figures, I got paid like an hour after asking lol

Sexyven
11-14-2019, 05:12 PM
Hi, I have some questions about Manyvids, thanks in advance to all of you who kindly helps me with these:

Do they have some kind of live chat studio support?

Do they have the Geoblock option?

Which are their payment methods?

Do they pay on time and complete?

Do they have some kind of list where everytime you publish one new clip then the people can see it? You, know, something like the C4S "Recently Updated Studios" list.

Thank you very much for your help.

Kind regards.

laurielegs
11-15-2019, 01:28 PM
Can we send a message to a member on Manyvids or is it like Streamate where we have to wait until they message us first?

I got a donation from a member was going to send a quick thank you but cannot find a way to message him. There doesn't seem to be a button anywhere on his profile to send a message.

justsometwat
11-15-2019, 01:34 PM
Go to your message inbox, click the blue chat bubble and type his name in. Should autopopulate the name as you go.

fetishqueen
11-15-2019, 03:39 PM
Can we send a message to a member on Manyvids or is it like Streamate where we have to wait until they message us first?

I got a donation from a member was going to send a quick thank you but cannot find a way to message him. There doesn't seem to be a button anywhere on his profile to send a message.

Also if you go to the Earnings - Traffic Breakdown page, down to Recent Sales there is an option there to send a PM to anyone who has bought from you.

justsometwat
11-17-2019, 02:30 PM

The owner of Manyvids, everyone.

CatBBW
11-17-2019, 09:21 PM

PixiieGirl
11-18-2019, 01:19 AM
My british is showing here but what’s super 8?

justsometwat
11-18-2019, 04:20 AM
It's a very inexpensive hotel. They are a lot better now than they used to be when I was a kid, but they always has a bad connotation.

When I was growing up people always joked about motels being a place where people went to use drugs or prostitute. They are like the cheapest for of lodging you can get.

Lots of people responded to that post about that being the only place they could afford to stay when they had issues of being homeless so it really seemed like a slap in the face.

I don't think she was mocking anyone, I think it was a tasteless joke to make and it stayed up for like 12 hours before she deleted it.

MxtressValleycat
11-18-2019, 06:06 AM
Yikes

Glamourmilf
11-18-2019, 10:44 PM
More importantly, look at the chemtrails overhead. And the Haarp clouds. #GEOENGINEERING is real.

caramelcraze
11-20-2019, 04:17 AM
I have had more videos ripped and posted for free from this site than any other. thinking about taking all of my clips down at this point. Had my lawyer send out 6 dmca requests in the past week alone due to MV. Only once had an issue like this with clips and i literally have created hundreds over the years!

PixiieGirl
11-20-2019, 04:49 AM
interesting, Ive only had one video legit stolen from MV and that was on my MVTube anyway

I've noticed tho there are sites which claim folk can download videos of mine - but they have videos that have literally never been sold, so I think they're scams that are just using the info of the video without actually having my video lol

caramelcraze
11-20-2019, 05:31 AM
interesting, Ive only had one video legit stolen from MV and that was on my MVTube anyway

I've noticed tho there are sites which claim folk can download videos of mine - but they have videos that have literally never been sold, so I think they're scams that are just using the info of the video without actually having my video lol

sadly it's videos that have all sold. hope the illegal download links are a virus though lmao. anyone stealing money out of my pocket deserves it.

PixiieGirl
11-20-2019, 05:59 AM
sadly it's videos that have all sold. hope the illegal download links are a virus though lmao. anyone stealing money out of my pocket deserves it.

I guess it could still be fake but yeah less obvious then isn't it!

I hope so to!

Robert De Niro
12-02-2019, 08:24 PM
Ask MV to add forensic watermarking to the videos, they can catch the uploader and ban him.

JessRyan
12-04-2019, 12:50 PM
Ask MV to add forensic watermarking to the videos, they can catch the uploader and ban him.

they already fingerprint uploads, but for some pirates/sites it doesn't help.

What was it? About this time (right before Christmas) a few years ago, maybe 3 if I remember right. TONS of girls' entire libraries (including mine) were posted on some pirate site. MV NEVER acknowledged it, nor apologized. They pretty much seem to ignore it.

I stopped offering memberships then and stopped uploading on MV for a LONG time. I assumed it was an "inside job" but who the hell knows.?? Just my opinion. :-\
I make $$$ there, but don't like them. that's my ...1 cent on MV

all I can say now is GOD fucking bless the day I decided to stop caring when finding my content every where.

MxtressValleycat
12-05-2019, 06:47 AM
A couple of mine showed up recently on a big database of Femdom clips that was advertised on a bunch of fake blogs and reddit, basically some douche was charging guys $11 for unlimited access to the whole database and they got to request clips to add to it. I know my two came from Manyvids because for one of them it was the only place that clips had sold and I'd had someone a week before I found these buy both clips at once from MV. The guy had his account deleted very quickly after I found out.
Annoyingly they put their own watermark over mine though, so I get the impression I'll keep finding those two clips in other places with some other guy's crappy watermark over mine.

VivienDeVexo
01-29-2020, 11:15 AM
I tried to live cam on manyvids and it didn't work for me. It would connect and be live for less than a minute. Any updates on camming here? Are there really only a handful of girls on at a time, as it appears? I want to add an egg to the cam basket. I will contact support and see what's up with the connection issue.

Vlodina
02-04-2020, 03:10 PM
Is there a separate thread for camming on Many vids? I am suddenly intrigued.

PhatGirlDynomite!!!
02-04-2020, 03:31 PM
Is there a separate thread for camming on Many vids? I am suddenly intrigued.

There is indeed! I took a look on MVLive two days ago and there were a lot of models available. Way more than when it first launched. Here's the thread:

https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/showthread.php?222182-New-Camsite-Option-Manyvids-Live

fetishqueen
02-12-2020, 01:55 AM
Is there a spokesperson for MV on here please? I am fuming right now. I've been on there since May last year, uploading clips originally in MP4's and WMV, when they accepted WMV's. That being the issue. Now, because they don't support WMV, NONE of my WMV uploads play. Not one.

And it's not just that. I have many MP4's that are in H265 codec that also only play the audio with a black screen. I have no way of knowing how many there are, I keep finding them. No wonder my sales have tanked. These are clips that until recently sold well and played totally fine.

Why has this happened? I'm actually furious and really upset right now because I don't know what to do.

I understand them streamlining their site to only offer MP4's but seriously, how many of their MV girls have a ton of clips uploaded in formats and codecs that the site no longer plays? Can't they still support the older versions? I've had no communication about this until today I have been emailed to tell me about one sale that is audio with a black screen but 'hey, good news!, I can fix it if I re-edit it in the correct codec and re-upload it! Brilliant. I'll do every SINGLE one of them, shall I?

About 200 15 to 20 minute clips, probably.

So angry right now.

fetishqueen
02-12-2020, 03:21 AM
Is there a spokesperson for MV on here please? I am fuming right now. I've been on there since May last year, uploading clips originally in MP4's and WMV, when they accepted WMV's. That being the issue. Now, because they don't support WMV, NONE of my WMV uploads play. Not one.

And it's not just that. I have many MP4's that are in H265 codec that also only play the audio with a black screen. I have no way of knowing how many there are, I keep finding them. No wonder my sales have tanked. These are clips that until recently sold well and played totally fine.

Why has this happened? I'm actually furious and really upset right now because I don't know what to do.

I understand them streamlining their site to only offer MP4's but seriously, how many of their MV girls have a ton of clips uploaded in formats and codecs that the site no longer plays? Can't they still support the older versions? I've had no communication about this until today I have been emailed to tell me about one sale that is audio with a black screen but 'hey, good news!, I can fix it if I re-edit it in the correct codec and re-upload it! Brilliant. I'll do every SINGLE one of them, shall I?

About 200 15 to 20 minute clips, probably.

So angry right now.

UPDATE - I spoke to live chat who were great, they told me that the MP4's can still be downloaded fine they just can't be streamed, if they are the H265 codec. WMV's can also be downloaded fine but the previews don't work, not a massive issue. So since luckily all I have can be downloaded it should all be fine. I have the live chat transcript anyway!

naomi_doll
02-12-2020, 05:06 PM
You can't schedule crush posts, right?

PixiieGirl
02-12-2020, 05:09 PM

dont think so no, I messaged them suggested it a few weeks back they said it's a good idea and they'd look into it

naomi_doll
02-12-2020, 05:33 PM
dont think so no, I messaged them suggested it a few weeks back they said it's a good idea and they'd look into it

Thank you for the fast reply! I'll just have to work it into my daily routine then.

SuperPookie
02-13-2020, 08:13 AM
I don't think so which is unfortunate as I would promote it more if I could be sure that I could still consistently have new content even while I was traveling.

naomi_doll
02-13-2020, 08:34 AM
I don't think so which is unfortunate as I would promote it more if I could be sure that I could still consistently have new content even while I was traveling.

Ugh yeah I completely forgot about traveling. I wonder how easy it is to do with the phone browser. I guess if not I can always sell like a special holiday/travel snap.

Jtothespoon13
03-02-2020, 08:13 PM
does anyone know how to add your wishlist on mv?
I have searched all over lol

HippyCamel
04-21-2020, 05:47 AM
I found a way to make videos play, instead of streaming a black screen. They seem to have recently made it so that videos need to have a compression format of H.264, or else they don't stream on their webpage. I think they should tell you that on the upload screen, which they don't. But I still like Mv better than some of the tube sites.

In order to compress a video to H.264, download the program, Any Video Converter. With the program open, add the video to the screen. Then on the tabs at the top of the window, find the tab just to the left of the "convert now" button. If you hover the mouse over it, it will say "Select Output profile."

Select this tab. Then scroll down the left hand of the pop up menu, and select the "tv devices" icon. The "Tvs" menu comes up in the right column. Now select any one of the the options listed there. These options all say "H.264" in their title, such as "Samsung Tv H.264 Movie .mp4" or "LG Tv H.264 Movie .mp4." I don't know if any one kind is better than the other options there, so I just pick one.

Finished with that, now close this tab. Then check the settings tabs in the lower right. Make sure the settings are correct, such as the video size in basic settings. Check Audio settings to make sure the "disable audio" box is not checked.

Then click "convert video" and a new video file will be created that has a H.264 compression format.

HippyCamel
04-28-2020, 04:57 AM
Is there a way to see earnings from Mv Tube views? I know it's not much, they say it's 1 cent for every 15 views, payed out the same month instead of carrying over to the next month. But it could add up over time.

I just wonder if it's worth it to promote my Mv Tube videos for more views, whether I'll be payed for them. I can't find the earnings from my Mv Tube views listed anywhere. Under content manager, they're listed as having earned 0, and they've had a few hundred views.

PixiieGirl
04-28-2020, 05:22 AM
Is there a way to see earnings from Mv Tube views? I know it's not much, they say it's 1 cent for every 15 views, payed out the same month instead of carrying over to the next month. But it could add up over time.

I just wonder if it's worth it to promote my Mv Tube videos for more views, whether I'll be payed for them. I can't find the earnings from my Mv Tube views listed anywhere. Under content manager, they're listed as having earned 0, and they've had a few hundred views.
I may be wrong - but when you go to earnings and look at monthly earnings is it whats listed under "bonus"? I know I get paid them as Im with BM and I see on the first of each month a small amount added to my BM balance from ManyVids - so I assume they do get paid out. I cant think what else the "bonus" would be as I've earnt it each month (excluding this month which would make sense if it is MVTube) and it's always a small amount, like less than a dollar

Im interested to if anyone knows as I launched a MVtube video and have been promoting it heavy ha

edit to add: I think the $0 in content manager just means no one has bought it to download

PixiieGirl
04-29-2020, 07:20 AM
another update - I did some digging - if you go to contests then "MV Tube Stars" it reports your views & earnings for the month there (and your rank)

PixiieGirl
04-30-2020, 09:45 AM
https://www.manyvids.com/Article/5845/-Updates-to-Free-Vids/

seems MVTube is being removed - everything being just "free" videos again on our normal page & the two options to generate money through them removed. Kinda sucks tbh

PhatGirlDynomite!!!
04-30-2020, 04:42 PM
https://www.manyvids.com/Article/5845/-Updates-to-Free-Vids/

seems MVTube is being removed - everything being just "free" videos again on our normal page & the two options to generate money through them removed. Kinda sucks tbh

Models earned money per view on MV Tube, did the second option include money earned when the customer wanted to download the "free" content?

naomi_doll
04-30-2020, 05:08 PM
Models earned money per view on MV Tube, did the second option include money earned when the customer wanted to download the "free" content?

Yes, you set an amount for them to pay to download. It counted as a video sale, not as the bonus at the end of the month. Both are going to be eliminated this month making the videos just free.

HippyCamel
05-01-2020, 11:15 AM

I agree, and I liked their idea of advertising Mv Tube as an ethical alternative to other tube sites. To give the viewers who were going to watch free porn anyways, a site where they can see that without any worry about piracy or lack of consent.

I personally think they should go ahead and monetize videos with advertising. On the internet, people are used to seeing advertising anyway. That's just me.

PixiieGirl
05-01-2020, 11:22 AM
I agree, and I liked their idea of advertising Mv Tube as an ethical alternative to other tube sites. To give the viewers who were going to watch free porn anyways, a site where they can see that without any worry about piracy or lack of consent.

I personally think they should go ahead and monetize videos with advertising. On the internet, people are used to seeing advertising anyway. That's just me.
agreed, I think Im peeved cause they're really pushing this as a "benefit for us" and saying we should keep doing free content to drive traffic to our profiles lol

PhatGirlDynomite!!!
05-01-2020, 11:57 AM
agreed, I think Im peeved cause they're really pushing this as a "benefit for us" and saying we should keep doing free content to drive traffic to our profiles lol

Where are they saying this? I read the article and the tweet. To me it looks as though they're pandering to models who like promoting freebies.

PixiieGirl
05-01-2020, 12:05 PM
Where are they saying this? I read the article and the tweet. To me it looks as though they're pandering to models who like promoting freebies.
thats what I mean - the mention in the article to use the free videos as promo & on a lot of the comments yesterday on the article MV where replying saying free content is a great way to push traffic to our paid videos, when people where asking what the point in them even uploading free content is anymore. It just feels like they're going "oh uploading free content is great exposure!" but removing the ways to actually get paid for the free content

tbh I have very few tube videos - Im gonna convert all but one to paid likely - the messaging just seems off to me tbh but maybe I'm being too cranky lol

PhatGirlDynomite!!!
05-01-2020, 12:26 PM
I'm just trying to understand it all. To be honest, I don't work on this platform. I'm just trying to keep up on things. Pixie I understand now what you mean and how you came to that conclusion.

laurielegs
05-01-2020, 03:34 PM
In theory posting a few free videos seems like it might get some interest and lead to sales but in practice seems to me only leads to broke losers contacting me asking to meet me or begging for more free videos.

I feel like it might also be the reason why of all the sites I sell videos on, manyvids is consistently the lowest in sales. It devalues our content to give it away free. The only thing I will be posting there are short (very short) previews.