PDA

View Full Version : Transitioning to different jobs in a SC during retirement

lol1337a
12-10-2013, 03:19 AM
I always fantasize about retiring from the business and becoming a house mom at an upscale club packed with girls (I heard they get $15/girl min!), or better yet, a VIP host (seems like the best job in the industry to me... I've seen tips at $900/hr from customers alone, not to mention 10-20% from many of the dancers on THOUSANDS).

Sorry if this seems like a dumb question, but how do people get these jobs? My old dive was always managed by a former dancer who got along well with management, but I don't know if working somewhere for five years and asking politely is the best strategy here.

Flickdreams
12-10-2013, 03:21 AM
I would think so :)

Melonie
12-10-2013, 07:49 AM
Trust me ... as you get older, having to deal with the 'immature bulls#!t' surrounding young dancers on a daily basis gets extremely annoying in a hurry !!! I was offered such a House Mom position, and after about a month I was ready to 'kill somebody'. Where yong dancers are concerned, some things never seem to change no matter how hard you try ... irresponsibility, drama, drugs, egos, 'stupidity' etc.

I was offered this position because the ( small chain ) club owner had known me for many years. He knew that I was dependable, sensible, intelligent, able to 'handle myself' under adverse conditions, scrupulously 'honest' about dancer money vs club money, respected by other dancers and club staff, etc.