PDA

View Full Version : First Year as a Bouncer - If you enjoy going to SC's don't work at one.

Jhh80
12-10-2013, 07:20 PM
I have had the fortunate opportunity to work as a bouncer at a mid-level SC over the last year, and wanted to share for the other ladies and gent's on here some of that experience. I was previously a customer, and enjoyed my time going in and simply relaxing with my boys without any of the concerns or drama that comes with going clubbing. When an opportunity opened through a mutual friend, at a club near my house, I thought, why not, hours at my regular job were declining and I figured I could make some extra cash and see the real "behind the scenes" of an interesting industry.

The best summary I can give, if you enjoy going to SC's as a patron, don't work for one. Going behind the scenes takes any of the mystery and appeal of attending as a customer away, to the point that I doubt that with the exception of batchelor parties, I won't be setting foot in one as a customer again.

No, The staff really don't look down on the customers, we see each person as you would at a restaurant, we just happen to have different items on the menus and genuinely want you to have a good time, feel you got value for money, while respecting the entertainers and their boundaries.

Yes, The staff are well aware, or can make educated guesses about what dancers do extras and which don't. Certainly when it comes time that dancers tip out the staff, this is something they should keep in mind too... If we know you are in the VIP doing things you shouldn't, take care of people properly...

Yes, guys, you will become entirely desensitized to full female nudity. It becomes the norm, in fact, most of the guys end up with an almost "artistic appreciation" for the show the girl on stage performs. Most of the time, you won't even bother looking at the stage, you're watching the crowd.

Yes, dancers flirt with the guy staff, and yes there is a fair amount of hookup/dating within both sides, with varying degrees of secretiveness. Generally, very few guys or dancers can keep their mouth shut for very long, or just because everybody is so finely attuned to seeing "real" attraction at the club, it stands out more than anything else.

Yes, dancers are regular people, though there tends to be a certain..."independent" mindset that makes them less predictable than the hostess at your local restaurant.

Yes, your trust level in anything a woman says to you inside and outside of work decreases significantly, and in your dating life, you find it very hard to believe what you are being told. This was very unexpected and disappointing for me, I figured it would stay at the club, but your suspicions of all sorts will increase as you are constantly aware of shady doings and happenings.

Yes your bullshit meter will become very sensitive, and your threshold/patience will decrease significantly.

Yes, every club, no matter how nice or clean has significant quantities of drugs being used, by dancers and staff, though management does attempt to limit this as much as possible because of legal implications on their end.

I will answer any questions, I know I had a lot as a customer, wondering what it was really like. I'll try to post some more observations as they come to mind.

OliveJardin
12-10-2013, 09:19 PM
Yes, your trust level in anything a woman says to you inside and outside of work decreases significantly, and in your dating life, you find it very hard to believe what you are being told. This was very unexpected and disappointing for me, I figured it would stay at the club, but your suspicions of all sorts will increase as you are constantly aware of shady doings and happenings.
Yes your bullshit meter will become very sensitive, and your threshold/patience will decrease significantly.

^This is an indirect disadvantage of working in and around the adult industry. As a dancer, I can relate your feelings towards women to my feelings towards men in general. In one way, it's rewarding to have insight into the opposite sex but it can be unhealthy to put every woman or man into the same category.
In your case, I think it's unfair for you to compare vanilla women, or women that you date to your colleagues-they are professionals and it's their job to "seduce". Some women do this in RL also, but many don't. It's great to be aware and see through "bullshit" or understand people's intentions-it can save a lot of time and heart ache. But, don't let your new found distrust or insight hinder opportunities to engage with an genuine person.

Jhh80
12-10-2013, 10:37 PM
I agree , I shouldn't let work impact my relationships with women, but realistically it does for me. That said, it's also made me appreciate who a person really is under makeup and the armor, and I put far less emphasis on looks than I have in the past. Both of these were unexpected results I hadn't anticipated.

By the same token, another positive, I've never been as comfortable with who I am as a person, my views, interests and preferences and being able to share that with gf's, friends and family.

Seeing women with the confidence to perform nude in front of random men of all ages is quite inspiring, and certainly made me re-evaluate some of my own personal hang ups about being open with people about various aspects of my past and present life.

Certainly there are downsides for all people involved in the business, for guys going in, I feel like they don't recognize there will be potential baggage for them too, despite it seeming like a no-lose situation prior to starting.

It's also strangely addictive, every night is like a mini-party with "friends"... Even if it means I only know the first 3 minutes of every song that came out in the last year.

Djoser
12-11-2013, 02:12 AM
Ha at the 'first three minutes of every song' thing! I usually cue songs in and often use the end instead of the beginning, if it's the best three minutes of the song.

I hear you on a lot of this stuff.

I still love going to stripclubs, just never my own for more than 15-20 minutes, and if I do go, it's always only for the first drink of the night. Then I go to other clubs where I can relax. But even then never more than an hour or two. Being in places with only a few clubs (Daytona had about 6 when I left, Key West has only three) means you wind up getting to know most of the dancers pretty quickly.

It is always fascinating to discover who turns out to be a pain in the ass and who is golden to work with, and also how well they tip. At first I would be shocked to discover a dancer I was great friends from hanging out with in another club turning into a hellfire witch when it came time to put her onstage. Sometimes I still get a surprise on that score, sometimes good and sometimes bad.

The Bullshit Meter thing is also very funny. I can almost always tell when they are lying to get out of stage or trying to leave early. My very favorite ploy is the 'Binky is going to go up for me instead!' in a club where we are not allowed to skip the girls. Then when it's Binky's turn 4 songs later, the girl she switched with thinks she doesn't have to go up, of course--and if you try to put Binky up twice she will bust a fucking gasket.

Or when they are irate you are actually making them go onstage when it is their turn, despite the fact you could get fired for skipping them without handing over the 20$ fee to the house. Best of all, when it's a girl you'd give anything to skip if you could, because you know she clears the tiprail every goddamned time lol.

Best Bullshit Meter story I got from a manager I worked with a couple years ago. The dancer who had the guy's tongue literally up her ass in VIP said it was OK because he was her gynecologist...

:rotfl:

Jhh80
12-11-2013, 06:08 PM
Djoser - want to send you a PM... Can you clear some space?

Djoser
12-11-2013, 08:05 PM
Yeah sure give me a day or two, I'll make some room in there.