PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Which High End Mens Watch Do You Like Best

minnow
01-01-2014, 07:33 PM
Which high end mens watch (those that generally go for 4 to 5 figures) do you like best ? Question encompasses which you would most like to have, or for those high end guys, which of the batch you had the best ownership experience with. Also feel free to post your favorite less expensive alternatives that have the "look" (and supposed great performance/reliability) of the expensive brands.

minnow
01-02-2014, 08:40 PM
8) I suppose, as thread originator, that I should post my preferences/rationale. OK, I'll admit to favoring the Breitling brand, particularly the maritime/aerospace versions. Gotta love those extra dials, bezels, whiz wheels, etc. I've heard some Rolex (the supposed benchmark brand of fancy watches) owners say that they don't keep good time, but that Breitling does.

As for second quetion, I've heard good things about the Citizen brand of watches. Some models have all those neat whiz wheels on it, and can be had for a few hundred vs. several thousand $$. Then again, many SWers may want to eschew traditional watches, and just use modern electronic devices to tell time. (Or time VIP sessions.:-X:D)

Dominic.2
11-09-2015, 06:44 PM
IMO, the guys that rip on Rolexes tend to either:

1. can't afford them
2. can afford them, but want a esoteric brand, which probably less reliable than Rolex, so they rip on Rolex to feed their ego

I would totally buy a Rolex when I can afford one. But for now I buy the watches in the several hundred dollar price range. I know a retired engineer with a Rolex (he wears it daily) and it keeps time just fine according to him. I take him at face value, pardon the pun.

minnow
11-14-2015, 01:01 AM
IMO, the guys that rip on Rolexes tend to either:

1. can't afford them
2. can afford them, but want a esoteric brand, which probably less reliable than Rolex, so they rip on Rolex to feed their ego

I would totally buy a Rolex when I can afford one. But for now I buy the watches in the several hundred dollar price range. I know a retired engineer with a Rolex (he wears it daily) and it keeps time just fine according to him. I take him at face value, pardon the pun.

You talking to me ? "RTFP", Dom. I didn't just pull my critical comment out of thin air, those critical comments came from actual Rolex owners, some with engineering background. Anyway, I now have some evidence that Rolex wannabes tend to have bouncers catch them touching dancers, and being too late to vote in a poll. ::)