PDA

View Full Version : Got approved for GOLD shows @ Streamate! How much should my goals be as a male model?

Joe Redban
02-18-2014, 03:50 PM
Hey everyone, I am super excited that I received a message saying I was eligible for Gold on SM today! ;D I have checked often under the guys and almost never see gold shows running, but when I do they always seem to be very low. The highest I have EVER seen a guy run his gold show for is $60 (for full 15 minute cum show). I checked today and saw one for $60, but the two others were for $25 and $20 for a full cum show! That just seems absurdly low! I could easily make more in a basic private, even without additional peepers (I charge $3/min). When I initially started thinking about Gold Shows, I was thinking $75 would be my absolute minimum! Considering the very low rates from other models, should I consider changing gears and perhaps doing some 5 or 10 minute shows for around $25-$30 to try to induce privates?

Any advice is appreciated, many thanks in advance for any and all advice. :)

laurielegs
02-18-2014, 09:08 PM
That's the cool thing about gold shows really is that you can experiment to your heart's content.

If it were me I'd start high and see how it goes. Easier to go down than up i think?

jessajames
02-18-2014, 09:33 PM
the cool thing about the gold shows is its more of a club like atmosphere; theyre literally throwing gold at you for a show. that is how i see it anyway. depending on how many regulars you have at a time or how many people in your room take into consideration how much you can milk out of each for a show; for exmaple if you have 20 set a $3 buy in for a $75 or $60 show; they can do that and if you start a bit low they think you are giving them a special deal and love it. so say you're aim is $60, set the goal for $75 and let them think you;re giving them a break for being such amazing custies! :)

Joe Redban
02-18-2014, 11:16 PM
Yeah, I only have a small handful or regulars (probably like 4), and maybe another 3 or 4 once-a-weekers. I really want to shoot for a $75 show, but I also want my first ever show to be a success, so I'm thinking I will set it for $60 with $6 buyin with a 20 minute time limit. How regularly do you girls think that people come in late and also how often do they tip during? I know it will vary from person to person, but I'm hoping to at least get some ballpark figures.

Do you guys think that sounds pretty reasonable for a first time gold show?

laurielegs
02-22-2014, 01:30 AM
Gold shows vary a lot so its really hard to generalize.

The crowd will often be different every 10 minutes so I wouldn't worry about whether your first show is a success. Even the top hosts seem to reset the timer over and over some days.

Joe Redban
02-22-2014, 01:47 AM
Did one countdown at 10:30 EST and right before it failed one of my regs came in saying I should try again later, that's it's usually slow this time of night. So I came back on again at 11:30 with a 20 minute countdown for a $60 Gold show (10 minutes), and nearly fell short, but one of my best regs pledged the last $20 just in time! :D It felt awesome to meet my goal! I didn't get anyone coming in the show late, but I am still happy with the result; definitely got more traffic than usual, Gold shows do have the advantage of standing out. That additional traffic didn't convert to many pledges, but I got a bunch of new favorites from it.

I could be wrong, but from the looks of it, I was the only guy doing a gold show on the entire site. I wonder why that is? Maybe for guys it just isn't as successful? Or perhaps not that many guys are allowed to do Gold Shows? In any case, I'm thinking I will try to do 1 Gold Show a week (don't want my custies getting spoiled with $6 shows and get cheap on me), and see what happens. :)