PDA

View Full Version : Question 75% Payout Thought

AndreaIPG
05-16-2014, 11:32 AM
And before you judge the post please read it in its entirety. We have been looking at all the different likes and dislikes of cam sites that you the models have posted and we are trying to target the perfect site for models to work and get their money. If you don't like please disregard. Have a great day.

My name is Andrea. I work for a web cam company that has been in business for over 12 years. Were looking to change the way we pay our models. I was hoping to get some feed back on what were proposing.
The biggest change would be in the payout to you. If we had a payout of say, 75% (flat all the time rate), would something like that entice you to utilize our site? It is important to note that while wed provide some traffic were looking to work with models that are motivated to utilize our platform with their current customers and that are motivated to seek new customers.
My questions are:

1. Would the 75% be enticing enough to utilize this site (even for select occasions)?
2. What tools do you need to help self promote, if any?
3. Are there are any features that are essential to make you successful?
I appreciate the feedback and thank you in advance.
Regards,

Andrea

ravenlynn
05-16-2014, 11:45 AM
Isn't the company/studio IPGMODELS? And if so- wouldn't it just be better for the girl to sign up directly with the site and avoid a virtual studio?

laurielegs
05-16-2014, 11:48 AM
Nope. If I'm bringing the customers I'll use my own processor. Why would I want to give you a cut?

kortneykay
05-16-2014, 02:27 PM
#2 shouldn't be shared with a site, self promotion is entirely up to the model and the tools can be found all over the internet.
#3 Yes, there are but we certainly wouldn't feel comfortable sharing this info with a site who should know this already. It seems like this site you speak of is just trying to get information on how to promote and drive traffic to models. Perhaps you should go to gfy.com and ask the board members there about this kind of stuff. I smell something...

TheBrownFox
05-16-2014, 03:40 PM
Hi, Andrea. You sent me this same information in a private message, so I'll just answer here. Yes, it's nice to be able to boast "We pay models higher percentages than other sites!," but that doesn't mean much if it's a new site with hardly any traffic. Models really should be more interested in a site's traffic than the percentage. Streamate is the perfect example of a cam site with a shitty-ass percentage (35%), but has a lot of traffic that makes it worthwhile for models to continue camming on there.

A lot of the models on this forum are already on CamModelDirectory and AdultWork (yes, AW pays 65%, but they're an established site with traffic). If models are gonna be asking their regs to join a new site and input their credit card info, it really needs to be beneficial for the model to do so. But I wish you the best of luck. :)

TeenageAnnie
05-16-2014, 04:01 PM
i would be interested if the site was not just a cam site but something extra.
for example if it had ability to sell photos and videos. if it had phone chat and sms chat. if it had the option to no free chat only. and if it was not a token based site.so girls are forced for no nude in free chat yes pls.
if it had a nice professional modern looking layout. if they had prizes/competitions.
1 feature i am looking for particular is the ability for a customer to send me a offline tip and not having to sign up to the website to do so. for example.. if i wanted 2 receive a $50 gift from a dude i met on twitter and i say "hey go 2 my page here and tip me" sometime the customer is like "i dont wan to make a account it looks complicated". but if i send a customer to my clips4sale tip page he can simply pay by his credit card without even registering to clips4sale.com or anything. it is that easy.

so if your camsite is not just a camsite but also a platform for me to take payments and use the phone features then yes. for example niteflirt has phone feature and they take 35% (i think) but they do not really advertise the site. but girls still use it becos it is unique in that it is a like... independant phone sex site, as opposed to the big box phone sites that pay u $0.12 a minute (lol). then i would be prepared to use it.

but as it stands a simple camsite with no traffic sucks and there is already 1s out there that offer 75% payout, but they suck becos traffic. but they do not however have any of the cool phone and tipping features.

also if it doesnt have the option to not take part in free chat i am not going anywhere near it.

as it stands there is limited camsites that offer u paid-chat only.

i can see myself advertising my fetish shows on twitter and directing some1 to my camroom on your site, BUT, if i am forced to sit in free chat whilst I am advertising myself, you can shove ur site up ur jaxxie.

smaddy
05-16-2014, 05:28 PM
75% of nothing is still nothing. If the site isn't supplying traffic then there really would be no incentive.

Also one of the biggest things for me is being able to have the freedom to use my own creativity. I want to be able to tell customers to follow me on twitter, & I want to be able to link to other sites (not competitors though I understand that completely) but for example... I'm sitting in my room and my customers and I start talking about dubstep. Well... there is a really funny dubstep video by Ylvis. I want to be able to send them the link to the youtube video. I HATE that SM does not allow you to link to other sites. I'm WTF is their problem with not allowing girls to give out their twitter? SM itself has a twitter page and they even promote girls from the site when they are on. Isn't that not themselves already condoning SM girls having a twitter account. I also want to be able to hold raffles and have prizes that I send.... so a lot like Myfreecams... I love that site. But there are a lot of things that a camming site can do better.

Girls I swear if there is not a really awesome site within 3-4 years I will start one. I'm camming to save up for a developer to build the site of my dreams (not camming related) but if that takes off I will come back around and build something better for all of you. I promise :)

Magical_Hoohah
05-16-2014, 06:37 PM
Totally OT post, sorry.

SM doesn't want you to give out any info because they have one of the lowest payouts in the industry. Every model that works another site with a higher % would like to have her SM custies visit her on a higher % site so she could have more of their money. If SM let you give out your Twitter, it would be so ridiculously easy to steal all the guys away.

Here's a real life example. The other night a SM freeloader finally came around and got a show with me. Now this is a guy who has paid attention in my free chat room, and has noticed that I split cam. In the show, he asked if I had Twitter. I told him that I use Twitter, but can't give out my handle on SM. Shortly thereafter, dude started following me on Twitter. I have my Cammodels link and my KinkLive link in my Twitter profile, as well as the link to my homepage, where I list everywhere I work. So guess where dude showed up the next night? In my KinkLive room. He was happier there because my rates are a bit lower on KL. I was happier because even at lower rates, I take home more $ per minute. All it took for me to switch this guy away from SM was my Twitter name. I didn't even intend for it to work that way, but it did.

If SM let us hand out our Twitter handles willy-nilly, models would absolutely take advantage of the traffic SM brings in, and they'd steal guys to a higher % site so easily. Models would probably be logging in to SM for the sole purpose of handing out their Twitter name to all the traffic SM brings in.

caramelcraze
05-16-2014, 07:05 PM
Depending on a few things, I think a lot of girls would be interested.
1. Chargebacks.
If I have a site that pays 50% without chargebacks and a site that does 75% with chargebacks, I'm going to choose the one without, hands down. I don't like the potential of working hard for absolutely nothing.
2. when/how you pay out.
If a site pays out once a month, I won't use it as my main site. I really love how MGF allows you to cash out when ever you please. Even CB has deposits twice a month, which isn't ideal, but is nice for people who like regular pay checks. Also, if I know a site only pays out with payoneer or by check, I probably won't use them full time. Depending on where you live, you could be waiting an extra week (or two) every month to get paid, which is a hassle if you're only paying people once a month.
3. Content/physical item/skype show sales.
If these are allowed, I would definitely want to use the site as a payment processor (for panties and outside shows) or distributor (for content).

smaddy
05-16-2014, 10:02 PM
Yes! I HATE chargebacks. I would rather receive a lower percentage and not have to worry about them. I push myself to make my goal each day to pay bills and put in savings and then I log off. I would absolutely be frustrated if a percentage (even if small) was taken back later due to chargebacks.
Depending on a few things, I think a lot of girls would be interested.
1. Chargebacks.
If I have a site that pays 50% without chargebacks and a site that does 75% with chargebacks, I'm going to choose the one without, hands down. I don't like the potential of working hard for absolutely nothing.
2. when/how you pay out.
If a site pays out once a month, I won't use it as my main site. I really love how MGF allows you to cash out when ever you please. Even CB has deposits twice a month, which isn't ideal, but is nice for people who like regular pay checks. Also, if I know a site only pays out with payoneer or by check, I probably won't use them full time. Depending on where you live, you could be waiting an extra week (or two) every month to get paid, which is a hassle if you're only paying people once a month.
3. Content/physical item/skype show sales.
If these are allowed, I would definitely want to use the site as a payment processor (for panties and outside shows) or distributor (for content).

Tsani
05-16-2014, 11:12 PM
I'm confused. Are we talking about a studio here or an actual cam site? I thought IPG was a studio. If so, are we talking 75% of the % cut we would get by signing up with the site directly?

AndreaIPG
05-19-2014, 11:33 AM
Thank you all for your replies this information is very much helpful in targeting cam models wants and needs. We appreciate it a lot.

AndreaIPG
05-23-2014, 08:00 AM
All this information has been very helpful ladies and it is greatly appreciated. I hope you all have a happy camming kind of day. TGIF :)