PDA

View Full Version : Payout / Traffic Poll

AndreaIPG
05-20-2014, 01:26 PM
I was hoping you could help me. My name is Andrea and Ive been the hiring manager here at IPGmodels for over 7 years. Ive asked my girls here about a new platform that were building on top of our current cam system. However, the feedback from people outside of our system I feel is more valuable. So, any feedback you have is appreciated. A quick breakdown:
To run a cam site you have to take into consideration:
Processing fees 10% (plus or minus)
Chargeback and cancellation fees: 2 3%
Hosting:
Visa/MC registration and annual fees: $1500/yr.
Support costs
Technical costs
Affiliate management fees
Etc, etc.
What were implementing is a site for models that have a great customer base, know how to generate traffic, and just looking for ways to have less fees associated with chatting with their customers. Were going to pay a flat rate 75%. This will include everything (processing, cb fees, etc). If you take into consideration the fees above our payouts would really be at a minimum 90%.
We know that traffic is important and, if I had to guess, Id say the customers youd received would be composed of 50% customers that wed supply and 50% your own customers (either ones you have now or ones you could generate via social media and other means). For some models that rely solely on the website bringing the users this might not be the best system for you. And I understand.

Just looking for some feedback on

1) How a system like this might appeal to you?
2) What is the most important thing youre looking for in a site (could be a tool, promotional tool, selling videos, cost structure, customers, etc.)
Thanks in advance.

JaneBurgess
05-20-2014, 01:49 PM
The indy sites are already set up like this and you don't have to sit in free chat. Honestly cam performers are looking for a site with a lot of traffic. Having a high pay rate isn't important if there isn't customers to pay you.

Tsani
05-20-2014, 01:58 PM
The indy sites are already set up like this and you don't have to sit in free chat. Honestly cam performers are looking for a site with a lot of traffic. Having a high pay rate isn't important if there isn't customers to pay you.

^^ This. Generally if girls are bringing their own customers, they'll tend to go the indy route.

But it might be worth it if free chat isn't required. It would be nice to have an easy to use platform without having to add guys to our skype or yahoo IM lists. The ability for customers to pay for blocks of time, then have a timer on the platform that cuts off the session when time runs out would be nice, along with a reminder or something that the session will end soon unless more time is purchased. Also, the ability for group shows and stuff. Sort of a hybrid indy site. That's my suggestion.

Must-haves: Offline tipping, and the ability to sell photo sets/videos.

Would be really nice to have: A platform for pay per message IM, email, or sexting.

loveshooks
05-20-2014, 02:57 PM
everyone so far has posted some wicked comments so I won't retread ground they've already covered. In reading your site plan, my response to

What is the most important thing you’re looking for in a site?
would be your answer to one question: what about your proposed site will be different than the countless sites that have tried this model and failed?

I'm not not trying to be snarky, it's a genuine question. if you're planning such a big project I assume you've done your research on the industry, how do you plan to identify and avoid the pitfalls that have thus far tanked every single site that has tread this path?

caramelcraze
05-20-2014, 03:42 PM
Is the 2-3% for charge backs just for charge back processing? Or does it include any charge backs we may get? I don't like the idea of working my tail off for an hr long private at $4 ($3 of which would be mine according to your payout scale I believe) and instead of getting $180 of the $240 I've earned, ending up with zilch. I personally won't work anywhere with charge backs (except in extreme cases).

caramelcraze
05-20-2014, 03:47 PM
Also, if the fee is $1500 on your end annually per girl, you're going to have to have ladies who pull at least $500 a piece per month to break even in that department. Would you start booting girls after a certain amount of time if they weren't going to be profitable to you?

scarletl
05-20-2014, 05:20 PM
everyone so far has posted some wicked comments so I won't retread ground they've already covered. In reading your site plan, my response to

would be your answer to one question: what about your proposed site will be different than the countless sites that have tried this model and failed?

I'm not not trying to be snarky, it's a genuine question. if you're planning such a big project I assume you've done your research on the industry, how do you plan to identify and avoid the pitfalls that have thus far tanked every single site that has tread this path?

^^^^
She has a VERY good point here.

The most important thing for any cam girl is traffic. 60%, 80% or even 90% cut with very little traffic is pointless and cam girls will up and leave and won't return until they see significant traffic increase. In all fairness I have a fair following on twitter and over 4 years I have built a good customer base of submissives (Im a domme) and I would not be prepared to bring them along to a new website to spend their money on me.

There are 3 main companies where content selling is the core feature
C4S, Kinkbomb and Iwantclips << I will automatically opt for C4S because I know I can gain new customers to my customer database (maybe at the post use Iwantclips)
All the others I wouldn't even consider.

There is one main phone chat provider - Niteflirt - again I would never consider another company because I know I can again get new customers and traffic flow is good.

There are several main webcam sites
MFC, Chaturbate, Streamate, Adultwork << I would work on just ONE webcam steam site, I don't think we personally need anymore webcam main stream sites.

Point of the matter girls will more than likely sign up to every site and filter out the ones that are most busy that earn them most $$$ and forget the rest.

TeenageAnnie
05-20-2014, 06:04 PM
theres already plenty of indie sites like paymyshow, skyprivate and others.
these sites dont have the ability 2 stream from the site, nor do they have services like content selling/phone/sexting.
add these and you#'ll do better.
payment options, dont use paypal. if you add paypal on ur site anywhere, 100% of models from this forum will tell u to fuck off.

Tsani
05-20-2014, 07:10 PM
Yup, you gotta do something way different than is currently offered elsewhere. Because if a cam model has customers that she can take to pay her anywhere, she's gonna bring them to the site where she gets the highest percent, or she's gonna use her own processing. You've gotta offer way more than just payment processing if you're planning on running an indy-style site. And you've gotta up the game significantly if you're competing with the big box sites like MFC and Streamate.

AndreaIPG
05-21-2014, 06:25 AM
Thank you all for your responses. They are def. appreciated at learning more of the needs of the cam models. :)