PDA

View Full Version : I need to lay low for a while

FasaCorp
07-06-2014, 08:03 PM
I've decided to put a hold on visits to my favorite club since early April. And there are a couple of clubs I haven't visited yet that I need to try out in the meantime.
Basically, the management at my regular club knows me a little too well. I can't put my finger on it, but somehow when a manager walks up and sits down at my table to "shoot the shit", and tells me about a couple of dancers I "might like" it destroys a great deal of the mood. If a waitress (who is female, take note) did the same thing, I wouldn't mind at all. But the idea of these (male) managers, and one in particular, trying to get all "buddy buddy" with me almost ruins my experience. I will say, however, that I have no problem getting chummy with the bartender, whether male or female. They are actually people with whom I don't mind having nice conversations.
I don't know, perhaps I have an aversion to authority figures?
Perhaps I need to decrease the money I spend drastically at that club.

simone87
07-06-2014, 08:06 PM
are you feeling hustled..? like you spend so much time/money there that the manager is targeting you and wanting to get you to spend more?

FasaCorp
07-06-2014, 08:08 PM
Yep, that's it. The idea of being hustled by a male absolutely destroys the experience. I want DANCERS to walk up to me and do that, not managers...

lynn2009
07-06-2014, 09:07 PM
What a weird ass, stupid manager

FasaCorp
07-06-2014, 09:18 PM
What a weird ass, stupid manager

I know, yeah? It's like, "Dude, get the fuck out of my face if you are not a dancer"

lynn2009
07-06-2014, 09:27 PM
Do you know if he was new or not? Sounds like something a restaurant manager would do if it was slow for a regular you know? Like look we've switched up the menu! Look at these new things! Out of curiosity, were any of the girls he suggested someone you would have been interested in?

Doesn't seem like it would be bothersome but it is weird because it's *so* out of place.

simone87
07-06-2014, 09:41 PM
would you have felt differently if it was a doorman or bouncer who said it? i work with a guy who will try and hustle us dances, (whether we want him to or not ), for a tip afterwards, i'm wondering if he's doing more harm than good

FasaCorp
07-06-2014, 09:41 PM
He's not new, he is just a bit too comfortable I guess. And the funny thing is, no, none of the girls he mentioned would have been of interest to me. If he is going to pretend to "know" me well, then the least he can do is remember which kinds of girls I take to VIP.

FasaCorp
07-06-2014, 09:46 PM
would you have felt differently if it was a doorman or bouncer who said it?

Nope, I would feel the same way. In fact if a bouncer came up and did that, it would be even worse.

yoda57us
07-06-2014, 10:12 PM
would you have felt differently if it was a doorman or bouncer who said it? i work with a guy who will try and hustle us dances, (whether we want him to or not ), for a tip afterwards, i'm wondering if he's doing more harm than goodi wouldn't go near a dancer that a male employee or manager recommended. First of all the "pimp" vibe is way to high for my taste. Secondly, I would never be sure if the guy was being payed by the dancer to promote her. My first thought would be that she is sub par and needs to pay people to push her services. It's just a general turn off for me.

Chili Palmer
07-06-2014, 10:45 PM
In all my years of clubbing, I've only had a similar experience once.

Back when I was a regular at Spearmint Rhino in the City of Industry, the SR chain opened up a topless club in Torrance. A former floater/bouncer at SRI was now a manager at SR-Torrance. He happened to be at the door when I was checking out the club, recognized me and comped me and my drinks (I only drink non-alcoholic beverages, but he did not know that). It was first time after spending literally (tens of) thousands of dollars in SR that any male authority figure did anything that remotely resembled customer service at any SR club.

For me, it was a pleasant and welcome change of pace. Would I want him hanging out at my table all night? No, but a few minutes of pleasant conversation never hurt.

OTOH, I've dancers try to pimp out other dancers to me all the time. "Oh, I think you'll like so-and-so. She's just your type." And this is after they've done very HM dances with me. Many times they're right, and when they're not, I've had them apologize and offer to give me the dance costs back or give me freebies to make up for it. Such is the life for this, as one dancer here used to say about me, "mileage hound who understands limits."

CP

rickdugan
07-07-2014, 03:56 AM
FASA, you're probably giving the guy more credit than he deserves by thinking of him as an "authority figure." ;)

Having said that, I'm in your camp in not wanting to be bothered by these guys. At their best, they bring little of value to the table and properly stay well in the background. At their worst, they are high grade hustlers and/or obstructions to what I wish to accomplish. And in between these two circumstances, they are the guys who I need to pay off to turn a blind eye to xyz.

There are exceptions to this IME, but they are rare. In the roughly 150+ clubs I've visited in the past decade, I can count on one hand the number of truly helpful managers that I've dealt with. One used to help me avoid DUI checkpoints that popped up near this club from time to time and two others introduced me to girls that they suspected I would enjoy. Now they certainly weren't charity workers and they got paid for their efforts, but at least they provided some value. But again, this is not the norm in my dealings with managers.

But with all that said, I wouldn't avoid a club just because a managers chatted you up. In all likelihood, he was just looking to see if there was a way he could get paid, either by you, a girl, or both, for putting two of you together. All you have to do is say no thank you.

yoda57us
07-07-2014, 08:40 AM
I have to agree with rick as far as the whole idea of laying low. What's the point? No one in the club is an authority figure to you unless you are a trouble maker. In general everyone in a strip club who is not naked has their hand out trying to make a buck off of the women who actually strip. I've never taken anyone in a strip club not wearing a thong seriously and I certainly wouldn't adjust my visiting habits based on any of these guys. Some of them are no more than glorified suitcase pimps trying to curry favor with a dancer while others are already on the payroll from these ladies. In any case, they are just trying to make a buck. Unless you are in some super high end GC where some of these knuckleheads can give you a bad table they are not woth taking seriously.

Radius
07-07-2014, 10:59 AM
Maybe I'm out in nowhere land here, when I go to a club often, I make friends with everyone I can. I tend to get along better with bouncers than managers, we have more in common, but there's at least one club where I'm friendly with the manager, too. I can see how it can kill the mood for some of you, totally get it. But for me, there's no downside to having a guy to talk with here and there. I'll often buy the bouncers, managers, or DJs shots also. I don't expect anything for this, just part of the fun for me, but tangible benefits have included: 1. I definitely get a bit more touching leeway in dances, especially in clubs where the bouncers and I hang out and drink together, which occasionally comes in handy when a dancer is feeling like pushing things, 2. in one club, where bottom-tier bottle service starts at $350 and top-tier can be over $600, the manager lets me bring in my own (high end) bottle, and I just pay him $50 (I also tip the bartender and waitress $50 each also, to keep them happy), 3. The DJ will often skip my girl, if I"d like him too (can't do this too often, obviously, or it can irritate the other girls) 4. I just dig the "table full of my buddies, strippers, and the general manager hanging out with us too" vibe. There's another club where, when I'm between girls, I sometimes hang out with the bouncer and we swap stories -- otherwise I'd be hanging out by myself, and I enjoy the company.

Not better or worse, obviously, just another way to look at it. That said, these guys don't pull the "May I recommend Candy to you sir? I will bring her over forthwith, and expect a large tip" type of thing, at least not after the first time we've done shots together

FasaCorp
07-07-2014, 05:08 PM
Having said that, I'm in your camp in not wanting to be bothered by these guys. At their best, they bring little of value to the table and properly stay well in the background.

Well, I suppose that's where I would like all management to stay: out of the way of the flow of business.
To be honest, the timing is actually convenient for me: I was planning on sampling a couple of other unvisited clubs anyway, one of which is a new club only open for about a year. So as far as "laying low" from clubbing in general, far from it. Every once in a while a custy needs variety (read: new people) ;)

Starling
07-15-2014, 10:45 PM
I hate it when managers try to hustle for me. This happened to me on so many occasions, usually when I was new at a club and it was obvious they were trying to showcase 'the new girl'. It didn't work. It's nice to see customers that don't like to get chummy with managers.

ava$
07-15-2014, 10:58 PM
I don't even get why we have all these floor hosts at clubs except for security (I get that ) but really all they do is bring me over to guys and then when the guy spends $$ on me cuz he wanted to anyways, there always looking for a tip, ugh, like they did me a favor, I couldn't have possibly walked up to this guy on my own and got naked for him…really don't like that system

ava$
07-15-2014, 10:59 PM
I don't even get why we have all these floor hosts at clubs except for security (I get that ) but really all they do is bring me over to guys and then when the guy spends $$ on me cuz he wanted to anyways, there always looking for a tip, ugh, like they did me a favor, I couldn't have possibly walked up to this guy on my own and got naked for him… He never would've wanted me without your introduction, really...

lokikola
07-15-2014, 11:09 PM
Yep, that's it. The idea of being hustled by a male absolutely destroys the experience. I want DANCERS to walk up to me and do that, not managers...

You're my hero.

Vyanka
09-04-2014, 11:48 AM
Fasa, those are not managers. They're hosts. Those are going to be in most clubs and there's always going to be that one obnoxious host trying to be buddy with you, so he can shove girls of HIS choice to you. His job should be introducing to girls YOU want if you ask for it.

Next time a host tries that just tell him, " no thx". Tell him you prefer seeing who is around and that they approach you without introduction. Politely, put his ass in place ;)

gameover
09-04-2014, 09:53 PM
Most upscale clubs have these guys in tuxedos, who probably can't spell tuxedo :). I would never trust a recommendation from one. Largely, I just ignore them. I guess the club thinks it makes the place seem "classy". You are putting too much thought in this.

threlayer
10-05-2014, 10:28 AM
I have never experienced this 'promotion' by a club official, and if I did, I would still choose my own dancer. If he got a bit pushy in his promo, only then I would quietly find my way out of the club and return if and when he was not around. Of course there are several reasons for such promos, not of which are in my favor.

Typically I've asked dancers for VIPs, or they've asked me and then I chose. But I like to look all the dancers over before choosing unless I have a regular favorite, which can be great fun (I hope for us both). No one knows my preferences but me and I only talk to the dancers or (to a much lesser extent) drink servers.

Dominic.2
12-17-2015, 05:47 PM
The floor host or manager or whatever you call him seems to confuse me. I would just tell him to go away, too. It's kind of like what some of the other blues say about "protecting your space" at the club. Normally they refer to dancers who aren't you taste, but here, the same applies to the floor host.

I agree. The pimp vibe is kind of there too. No thanks. I can choose my own women, thanks, or they can approach me.