PDA

View Full Version : Strip Club Hound posts his tips for Managers

poohster
01-03-2015, 10:17 AM
http://stripclubhound.blogspot.com/2014/12/50-tips-for-strip-club-managers.html

miss.a.p1600
01-03-2015, 10:58 AM
Those are mostly good tips.

I hate when dj play music too loud. I assume it was so we'd do less talking and more dancing but how the hell I'm supposed sell dances if I have to scream over the music?

slowpoke
01-03-2015, 11:17 AM
Music is too loud just about Everywhere.

Aniela
01-03-2015, 02:43 PM
Agree except for #11, 14, & 37. #49 I don't believe applies all the time -- I do kinda see where he is coming from, but I have seen too many times where a customer used the excuse of dropping a huge amt of $$$ to justify everything from refusing full payment, to assault.

The first several, re: dj behaviour, those I would have liked to print out in huge bold font & superglue all over the inside of the dj booth at my last club. Those prima donna dumbfucks were guilty of all of them.

Vackra
01-03-2015, 02:56 PM
Pretty good aside from encouraging female customers. It's a GENTLEMAN'S club. Go home.

miss.a.p1600
01-03-2015, 05:15 PM
Pretty good aside from encouraging female customers. It's a GENTLEMAN'S club. Go home.

Except for the good looking bisexuals with cash to spend.

salzsieder67
01-03-2015, 06:58 PM
As a customer I can agree with many of his rules. #49 should not a be strict rule, the customer is not always right, some of them are asshats trying to get one over on the club or dancer. I will say as far as female customers go, I have been surprised at how many I have seen in my local club on occasion.

@Aniela, Why do you disagree with the parade rule? I understand on slower nights, or nights where they may be only a handful of girls on the floor, but on a busy night with many girls about why not?

Aniela
01-03-2015, 07:43 PM
@Aniela, Why do you disagree with the parade rule? I understand on slower nights, or nights where they may be only a handful of girls on the floor, but on a busy night with many girls about why not?

IME it's more like a cattle parade than anything else. I agree w/ the premise behind it -- you want to have the 'wares' all out & visible, since customers can't buy it if they can't see it. But it also can seriously intrude on my hustle, whether I am still in the 'selling process' w/ a customer or even if I have already reeled him in, bc I have nvr seen a club that makes exceptions for girls who are dancing/VIP'ing when The Call goes out.

I have also worked in a couple clubs that took it WAAAAAAYYY too far. At one, the girls were all required to get onstage together & do the line-dances for The Wobble & Cupid Shuffle. Don't wanna? OK, that's a $40 fine. Not only were the dancers required to fork it over or get sent home if they refused, but customers weren't at all encouraged to tip at the stage for the 'performance.' I'm down for silly, don't get me wrong -- I'll break out things like The Monkey Dance from the Jonny Bravo cartoons when I'm bored bc punks are staring but not paying -- but I think that kind of thing should be left to the individual, & to be forced to make a complete fool of myself that way is smtg I found degrading.

The one 'parade' approach I fully agreed w/ was my club in DC: they had their 'SIGNATURE STAMPEEEEEEEEEEEEEDE!' where all the girls could go up & dance all at once for smtg like 3-4 songs. The MoD would make a huge show of MC'ing, talking up the girls; various states of undress were permitted, & the whole point was to encourage a DELUGE of tipping. Participation was optional, but all the $$$$ that was accumulated from that segment -- girls wanting to participate had their names put on a list just prior to the segment & all that tip $$$ was divided equally among them to cover their house fees & mandatory tipouts.

Vackra
01-03-2015, 08:02 PM
Except for the good looking bisexuals with cash to spend.

Never met one in my 10 years in the industry.

Cowboy12
01-03-2015, 08:30 PM
I agree with Aniela about the stage line-up. It is more of an irritant than a benefit.
In one local club, I was about to extend our dances to a third dance when the DJ made the announcement for the girls to line-up on stage.
My dancer said she had to go or pay a fine.

I gave her an extra tip, then left that club and have never been back.

Radius
01-04-2015, 12:43 PM
I've never met a stripper who didn't hate the stage line-up. As a customer, I love it, but certainly understand why there'd be resentment over the cattle-call and hustle-disrupting nature of it.

One thing that I've NEVER experienced is girls in the back doing dances having to stop dancing and be part of the lineup. It makes no sense to me at all, I thought the idea behind the lineup is to show off the girls and get dances bought (in fact, the clubs I"ve been to offer those fake 2-for-1 dances immediately afterwards to encourage it). If a girl is ALREADY in the back getting dances and making money for the club, how in the world does it make sense to have her stop and go on stage? I totally believe you all that it happens, I've just never seen it in any club here where I am.

lol1337a
01-04-2015, 03:14 PM
I've met a fair amount of hot bisexuals who wanted to spend good money. Occasionally I'm even one of them. It's easier to sniff them out if you're also into women (and also way more fun). Only explanation I can come up with for why a few of us love dancing for certain women and most hate it. Would other bi/gay dancers or straight dancers who actually like dancing for women like to speak up?

minnow
01-04-2015, 03:27 PM
Blogger made several good points. Naturally, I have some comments on the items below:

#8- "Turn up the heat "? Is blogger a North Pole native or what ? On the other end of the spectrum, inadequate "air moving" systems can detract from an enjoyable club experience. I still recall 1 VIP session in upstairs area in June whereby weak AC airflow coupled with dancer forgetting her underarm deodorant made for a memorable experience in a bad way.

#11- That cuts 2 ways for me in that while I like to get a good glance on who each dancer is, I hate to be in the middle of the time window where my session is interrupted. Fyi for Aniela, there are some clubs that don't make dancers in VIP session go on stage for "cattle call." I'll elaborate further 2 paragraphs below.

#24- "....more women customer friendly..." Yes, I know about equal rights, yada, yada. While I'm not taking an anti stance, neither am I eager to see club aggressively pursue #24. Making exceptions for lopaw like customers, "Gentlemen Clubs", Stripclubs, Titty Bars, etc are one of the last male bastions still around that I'm not too eager to be "liberated."

#30-32, 36- Those are closely related in that customers like to know who is dancing, and relating a face/body to a name. It is nice to know the lineup from A-Z, but not so much if you don't have a clue what "Jewel", "Tiffany", etal look like. For that it takes 2 to tango- a willing club management, and dancers willing to put their pictures up. I appreciate why this won't always be the case. On the flip side, those clubs who can provide a good picture of what the dancer lineup looks like will have an edge over the clubs that don't.

#40- Put a clock up so one can keep track of time. BS, we go to clubs to lose track of time. That said, it would be nice to have a clock in each VIP room/cubicle so customer will know he isn't being shorted. Meanwhile, I'm relying on my watch with lit dial, or getting adept at switching to timer mode in the dark.:D

miss.a.p1600
01-04-2015, 10:08 PM
I've met a fair amount of hot bisexuals who wanted to spend good money. Occasionally I'm even one of them. It's easier to sniff them out if you're also into women (and also way more fun). Only explanation I can come up with for why a few of us love dancing for certain women and most hate it. Would other bi/gay dancers or straight dancers who actually like dancing for women like to speak up?

Ive had a fantasy about having a hot 3 some or actually a 1-on-1 with a hot woman while the guy watches. So For me strip club was a safe way to explore while making money at the same time. So the perfect scenario I had ONCE was a hot blonde bisexual where her husband gave her the cash and we went to VIP. Yasss!!! The other handfull of times the women who were bi and were spending money but not that attractive or would spend on stage tips but not vip. Hell, As long as they are spending cash and not acting like a little cunt then the more the merrier.

#8- "Turn up the heat "? Is blogger a North Pole native or what ? On the other end of the spectrum, inadequate "air moving" systems can detract from an enjoyable club experience. I still recall 1 VIP session in upstairs area in June whereby weak AC airflow coupled with dancer forgetting her underarm deodorant made for a memorable experience in a bad way.

The heat (while good if youre half naked and just sitting there) but [email protected] it if I am sweating my hair out just doing my job/dancing then Its too hot!!! Ive had to end VIP dance sessions a few times bc the heat is so hot and I don't want to sweat all over the customers. The heat and sweat kinda ruins my hustle bc I have to stop and refresh multiple times a shift. I thought strip clubs were supposed to be cold so the nips would stay perky and the p*ssy stays fresh. Strip club is the only place Id rather be cold than hot.

Flickdreams
01-04-2015, 10:25 PM
^ ditto, no heat unless it is literally raising goosebumps cold. I get asked if I'm comfortable with temp by management now cause its always one of those things that affects my stages, they know that if I'm too hot I wont perform.

minnow
01-05-2015, 12:13 AM
Addendum:

#19- "Circulate among crowd, especially right after dance." I disagree with that one. Many times, dancer has worked up a sweat during her show, so a 5 minute or so freshen up in dressing room would be nice. Many dancers do this, but too many disappear for 5 songs or more. I guess this point was where blogger got his beef on this.

salzsieder67
01-05-2015, 06:35 AM
I can kind of understand the hot/cold issue. There have been a couple of clubs I have been in where I was chilly, and I had on considerably more clothing than the dancers. So I would imagine the dancers working the floor were rather cool. Although I do understand that for those up on the stage, or otherwise engaged in dancing having the heat up too much would be uncomfortable as well.

On the social media front he makes somewhat of a good point. If the club is going to have a web page at least keep it updated, but I think going into Twitter, Instagram, what have you, that most customers are not really going to be checking those. Most just go the club and don't necessarily do a lot of research before hand. I don't the return on those services is better than the investment. I do say though at least have an up to date webpage, so those looking for a club to go to on the web can find you. Especially since that is now the default way of finding anything these days.

Tourdefranzia
02-10-2015, 10:01 AM
What if #44 (rowdy/abusive customer) and #49 (spending customer) are the same person? Also, since when is a customer who buys 3-4 dances a "big spender?"

Obviously, this person has never worked in a strip club, or managed people in any capacity despite what he claims at the top of this blog post.

Tourdefranzia
02-10-2015, 10:12 AM

Would you like it if a dancer you are chatting with and considering getting a dance from is suddenly ripped away from your conversation to go parade around the stage? Even worse, she is made to stop dancing for you so that she can parade around the stage?

rickdugan
02-10-2015, 12:44 PM
Some of those point are pretty valid (especially music and DJ comments), but a lot of that list is more of a customer wish list. For example, of course customers want better lighting, girls that don't stink of certain things, girls circulating, cattle calls, lineup announcements in several places, free food, more nudity, dance counts to go their way, stages that always have dancers, etc., etc. Oh yeah, and throw in the free toaster while you're at it. ;)

But seriously, if he really managed a strip club, then he should understand why many clubs need to balance the ideal wishes of customers with some of the realities of staffing a club with girls and in dealing with a variety of customer types. For almost every point he made, I could make a counter-argument as to why a club does what it does, or does nothing in certain instances, and I don't even have his alleged background as a club manager. For that reason, I'm having trouble taking his site too seriously. His views are also very CA-centric truth be told.

He has shills on here and tuscl finding excuses to reference his site in order to drive traffic, but he's offering basic fare to guys who already spend a lot of time in clubs. Eh.

gameover
02-12-2015, 09:14 AM
Overall, I think that's a great list, especially the ones about the DJ annoyances, and loud music. Sure there are a few that are on a customer's wish list vs. being what's best for the dancers and club, but I think most really benefit the club, the dancers, AND the customers. I can agree that free food, and lineup announcements are wish list items. Add cattle calls are really a mixed blessing: on the one hand you can see which dancers are available. On the other, if you already have a dancer, it can really be a nuisance. But the others I think are no-brainers for the club.

But if the club's would at least read and apply the ones about the DJ's, I'd be happy.