PDA

View Full Version : Seniority?

JinxPDX
03-19-2015, 09:56 PM
Hi ladies,

I have been working at the same club for three years, longer than 90% of the other dancers. I'm an ideal "employee": always on time,I never flake out, and I'm very respectful to the patrons, staff, and to the other women who dance at the club. The club is a rather tiny, dive bar club, yet the money can be quite good there on certain nights. For a number of months, my booking agent was placing me exclusively at this club, instead of the other two she books for, which turned out fine for me, because on the Thursday and Friday nights I worked there I made amazing tips. Recently, however, a new dancer has started requesting the same night shifts and has been getting them, and I have been taken off that schedule. Even when I specifically ask for those shifts, right after the schedule request is sent out, I am rejected. My question is, should I ask my booking agent why I can no longer get those nights? I don't want to sound like an entitled brat, but I was considering bringing up to her that I've been at this club a long time and I have regulars who come and see me there only. I have done her a number of solids in the past (been the only dancer on shift, showed up to cover last minute, etc.) and yet she always bumps me from the shifts I request/have worked for a long time. Am I wrong in feeling a bit of indignation? Please help!

Thanks a bunch!

Jinx

Naida
03-19-2015, 10:51 PM
I certainly don't see an issue with you asking why. It's not really indignant or bratty unless you act pissy about it, not just simply asking why.

shanna dior
03-20-2015, 05:36 AM
It's definitely worth calmly asking your booking agent, but it's possible that the club owner or one of the managers decided they want to switch it up and have a new face on the busy shifts and it wasn't her call. Have you gained weight or changed your appearance in any way? I could see that being a big reason. That said, be prepared to not get a straight or honest answer from anyone -- the strip club industry is notoriously passive aggressive with rejection.

minnow
03-20-2015, 07:46 AM
As Shauna and Naida said. 8) While an ideal considered at least somewhat in several vanilla jobs, just remember that seniority is worth the paper that it is written on.

Melonie
03-21-2015, 06:39 AM
^^^ for better or worse, where independent contractor dancers are concerned, if there is any 'seniority' factor it often will work in reverse. Clubowners will sometimes look for an 'excuse' to get rid of a dancer who is showing her age, who has gained weight, who has become a 'fixture' at a particular club thus offering limited appeal to returning customers etc. From a hiring / booking standpoint, clubowners have zero stake in assuring that a particular dancer is able to work / make money, and instead care about what they think will earn the CLUB the most money.

4everresolutions
03-21-2015, 09:17 AM
I was just about to tactfully ask what Melonie has brought up - Have you gained weight? Letting yourself going at all? Re-using the same old tattered, faded Bikini? Strip clubs want new blood. They want young, hot, trendy girls. Divey clubs will try to keep their lifers around, but for the most part I'e never heard of a club likes a dancer returning year after year unless shes really still in her 'prime' (looks 18-24-ish).

miss.a.p1600
03-21-2015, 08:28 PM
^^^ for better or worse, where independent contractor dancers are concerned, if there is any 'seniority' factor it often will work in reverse. Clubowners will sometimes look for an 'excuse' to get rid of a dancer who is showing her age, who has gained weight, who has become a 'fixture' at a particular club thus offering limited appeal to returning customers etc. From a hiring / booking standpoint, clubowners have zero stake in assuring that a particular dancer is able to work / make money, and instead care about what they think will earn the CLUB the most money.

I can think of several girls at the club I work who have become old 'fixtures' and the managers / owners give them seniority never fire them or let them break hella rules to the point I question their business savvy and intelligence. But thats another story. Can you get work at other clubs too or just exclusively at that one? Well, hope you get the outcome you're looking for.

JinxPDX
03-31-2015, 04:55 PM
Thank you for all you help, gals! You've really provided some insight! To answer a few questions, no I haven't gained weight or let myself go at all. In fact, I'm one of the thinnest dancers at the club, but not so much that they've said my figure is a problem. I'm always put together, dance well, am on time, and in a good mood. Always tip out and all the bartenders and dancers like me. Plus I bring in a bunch of customers.
I think my issue may be the result of the a combination of the club putting a new face on schedule, the booking agent trying to give everyone a fair shake at shifts, and since some dancers are minors (I am in my 20's) they can't work at other clubs. The management does try to mix up the schedule sometimes, but there definitely is a sense of seniority and preference at this club and others I work at. They are tiny clubs that tend towards keeping a core set of girls that regularly work the same shifts each week as opposed to a heavy rotation of new ladies. Part of thus is due to the fact that these clubs are super tiny and kind of rough. Not a lot of newbies stick around for long.
I got my regular shifts lately, which has been great! Plus the new dancer and I found that we perform some pretty scintillating two girl sets together. Yay!