PDA

View Full Version : BitGold

cherryblossomsinspring
07-19-2015, 02:03 PM
Just all types of nope

cherryblossomsinspring
07-20-2015, 02:26 AM

A few more sign up so far!

I even tried signing up to a few members on fet and wow people were still talking about "can you get my penis off and I'm broke". I'm sitting there thinking umm this is free so why wouldn't you try to help yourself? Having someone click two links for some reason turns into a 4 hour question situation that has absolutely nothing to do with the company. One guy said "hey so what do you think would be the best thing to start a cam site". I'm sitting there thinking "what?". Wouldn't have been easier to say "I'm just not interested? instead of getting in the way and slowing me down?

Another popped in to talk about his 144 properties. It's like umm get in or get out of the way.

Still a few managed to sign up without the " I need to pretend interest for the whole day". I'm grateful!

cherryblossomsinspring
07-21-2015, 05:18 PM
N/a no longer applies

cherryblossomsinspring
07-21-2015, 06:44 PM

Up to $705! The difference is most likely refer-a-friend adds and of course the affiliate $5 ad ins:)

I was going for 100 sign ups but wow this isn't as easy since I haven't really been that active on facebook in years. I did manage to get a few friends added in so hopefully these numbers will fly up. There were also a few ads from clist but everyone gets quite right after I tell them to sign up.

I'm also trying to reach out to Detroit residents since obvious they kinda got left behind after the last government bailout.

cherryblossomsinspring
07-23-2015, 12:06 PM
Wow this harder than I thought. It's like people really don't want to sign up for a this free acct. No cost, no investment, no deposit. Two links and done. I don't know why this is so difficult. It's like there have been so many scams that everyone is leery of going to sites. I admit I felt the same but once I signed up and saw some progress I realized ok this works.

I'm in a group on facebook and they have like over 80K people and I"m thinking well hell that's 3 million just looking right at me. How much does that suck??! Ugg it's frustrating!!

cherryblossomsinspring
07-24-2015, 04:00 AM
I'm not giving up! There has to be people that want this free gold and free money! I'm going to hit the pavement, hit craiglist hard, hit backpage hard, twitter, tumblr, reddit! I'm going all in! Wish me luck folks!

cherryblossomsinspring
07-26-2015, 05:38 PM
100x nope.

cherryblossomsinspring
07-26-2015, 07:15 PM

There are far too many brilliant minds on here.. Let's get this people!! Sign up for free now! Get paid to give away FREE Gold!

http://tracking.bitgold.com/SHck

whirlerz
07-26-2015, 07:17 PM
Hey, Cherry! I guess I'm not one of 'em, I watched the vid but didnt really get it :(

cherryblossomsinspring
07-27-2015, 01:56 PM
Hey, Cherry! I guess I'm not one of 'em, I watched the vid but didnt really get it :(

Hiya whirlerz!!

What didn't you get?

cherryblossomsinspring
07-27-2015, 02:06 PM
N/a don't waste your time

codypearce
07-27-2015, 03:16 PM
Are you old enough to remember eGold? This sounds like the reincarnation of that service. It started sometime in the mid-'90s and lasted until '08 or '09. It was not a scam, either. At its peak, it was processing something like $2 Billion/year in transactions. It was a very good service, and the description of bitgold in the financial post article you linked:

BitGold is the first serious financial services platform ever built around gold. The online service allows users to buy gold, store gold, and pay for goods and services around the world using gold as the currency. The service has been active for less than a week, but has already signed up thousands of users.

sounds exactly like how I'd have described eGold in 1997 or so. Incidentally, that makes the article you linked sound more like a press release than a real article... I know at least 3 much older (e-Gold, webmoney, goldmoney) serious financial services platforms built around gold. Either the person who wrote the article is ignorant of (recent) history or is just repeating what BitGold told them. And if the second, BitGold is lying, and that's cause for concern.

eGold did not end well. People used it for many legally questionable transactions, and eventually the company's accounts were frozen and it was indicted for money laundering. People who were using it for completely legal transactions saw their money frozen for a long time while this shook out. I think *most* clearly legitimate customers got their money out eventually, but only because this all happened at a time where gold was skyrocketing relative to the US dollar, so the gold that their transactions were denominated in had accrued enough value to cover the chunks that were lost by the company to legal expenditures.

So I suspect that anyone who remembers eGold or has heard of it is suspicious. The affiliate payouts also make it sound like it could be sketchy. (Not all affiliate programs are, obviously, but many are.) The intersection of those two suspicions might make it very hard to sign people up.

cherryblossomsinspring
07-27-2015, 03:35 PM
Are you old enough to remember eGold? This sounds like the reincarnation of that service. It started sometime in the mid-'90s and lasted until '08 or '09. It was not a scam, either. At its peak, it was processing something like $2 Billion/year in transactions. It was a very good service, and the description of bitgold in the financial post article you linked:

sounds exactly like how I'd have described eGold in 1997 or so. Incidentally, that makes the article you linked sound more like a press release than a real article... I know at least 3 much older (e-Gold, webmoney, goldmoney) serious financial services platforms built around gold. Either the person who wrote the article is ignorant of (recent) history or is just repeating what BitGold told them. And if the second, BitGold is lying, and that's cause for concern.

eGold did not end well. People used it for many legally questionable transactions, and eventually the company's accounts were frozen and it was indicted for money laundering. People who were using it for completely legal transactions saw their money frozen for a long time while this shook out. I think *most* clearly legitimate customers got their money out eventually, but only because this all happened at a time where gold was skyrocketing relative to the US dollar, so the gold that their transactions were denominated in had accrued enough value to cover the chunks that were lost by the company to legal expenditures.

So I suspect that anyone who remembers eGold or has heard of it is suspicious. The affiliate payouts also make it sound like it could be sketchy. (Not all affiliate programs are, obviously, but many are.) The intersection of those two suspicions might make it very hard to sign people up.

Actually BitGold just completed a 59.4MM acquisition of Gold Money a week ago.

I wasn't old enough to be around for the mid90s eGold start up unfortunately :(

Typically gold in my time was about people holding "gold parties" that I never attended lol.

As you highlight once gold skyrocketed was when the powers that be decided to get in and stop the flow of money. Notice as long as it's low no one cares but the minute people start doing well or perhaps when someone that wasn't supposed to be wealthy ends up in a new tax bracket the government jumps in to shut it down and keep people in their "place".

So you feel like the affiliate payout sounds sketchy really? I saw it more on the order of referrals for future business. I mean sure they can cut a nice few million to advertisers , get a few spots going during hulu's 5 ad requirement per 5 mins of show time. I figured this affiliate program was a way cheaper way to get the word out but making workerbees buzz the news to others.

cherryblossomsinspring
07-27-2015, 03:37 PM

Actually BitGold just completed a 59.4MM acquisition of Gold Money a week ago.

I wasn't old enough to be around for the mid90s eGold start up unfortunately :(

Typically gold in my time was about people holding "gold parties" that I never attended lol.

As you highlight once gold skyrocketed was when the powers that be decided to get in and stop the flow of money. Notice as long as it's low no one cares but the minute people start doing well or perhaps when someone that wasn't supposed to be wealthy ends up in a new tax bracket the government jumps in to shut it down and keep people in their "place".

So you feel like the affiliate payout sounds sketchy really? I saw it more on the order of referrals for future business. I mean sure they can cut a nice few million to advertisers , get a few spots going during hulu's 5 ad requirement per 5 mins of show time. I figured this affiliate program was a way cheaper way to get the word out by making workerbees buzz the news to others.

codypearce
07-27-2015, 04:26 PM
So you feel like the affiliate payout sounds sketchy really? I saw it more on the order of referrals for future business. I mean sure they can cut a nice few million to advertisers , get a few spots going during hulu's 5 ad requirement per 5 mins of show time. I figured this affiliate program was a way cheaper way to get the word out but making workerbees buzz the news to others.

Earlier you said that they pay you $35.25/click. By contrast, last time I spent $325 on adwords, I got about 175000 people looking at my ad, and about 200 people clicked it. It cost me $1.63/click. Last time I spent $100 on facebook ads, 500000 people saw it and 110 clicked it. About $0.90 per click. So when I hear about a company paying affiliates 20 times more than google or 36 times more than facebook, I feel like I need to do some research. It is not necessarily sketchy, but I want to understand why it's not before I commit any of my money/time.

That said, it's all about why I'd want to sign up. If I want to sign up so I can spend my time convincing other people to sign up, then the affiliate program (and the payout rate) looks super good. But if I'm actually just looking to trust the service with my transactions, the affiliate program makes me think I need to do a lot of leg work to be confident they'll still be around when it comes time to pay me.

I'm not calling it a scam in any way, FWIW! But you said you don't know why it's so difficult to sign people up. My answer to that is I think it's because it resembles prior failed businesses, and because the amount they pay per click makes it sound too good to be true. That combination makes me want to do some serious research before trusting them with my personal info. And it makes me want to do even more serious research as a merchant before trusting them to hold my gold while I sell things.

I've started doing that research, though, and if it looks solid to me I'll sign up using your affiliate link. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Sam38g
07-27-2015, 06:40 PM
I don't understand. So you pay them 1% transaction fee to buy gold from them in which they hold for you?

Get paid to sign people up at $35.25 per person you sign up, why? How would they make money by paying you to sign people up? So they can get email address for what reason? Then couldn't you just go create a bunch of fake names & email addresses & sign them all up?

How do you know if they actually have any gold? How do you know what you get has any gold in it? Can you just go to a gold broker & buy gold? There are places that sell gold bars, gold coins, hell I can buy gold jewelry at the mall.

They talk about buying their gold through your bank account or credit card to pay people, why not just pay them through your bank account or credit card without giving them 1% cut to do so.

They talk about some bank in England holding the gold for you, but they sound American. Why would Americans have Gold in English banks? Do you get to determine which country and bank that holds your gold?

Why would I buy gold from them in order to buy things off of the web?

Yes, I agree gold is a good investment to have as apart of your investment. What I don't understand is why would you need to buy it from them? Or why getting others to sign up to them earning you money?

Banks in America are backed by the Gov up to $250,000 last time I checked. https://www.fdic.gov/deposit/covered/ Does the gold bank they speak about have that kind of insurance?

If it isn't clear to me how a company can turn a profit, then I don't trust it. Just like I didn't understand bit coin either & had several friends into it, trying to convince me to invest into it & computers to mine it. I'd rather go to Alaska & actually try to mine gold before investing in this or bit coin.

Sam

Sam38g
07-27-2015, 07:10 PM
Did some research according to the US gov biggest scams to where people buy gold & let that company store it for them. That a reputable dealer wouldn't store gold for you.

Sam

cherryblossomsinspring
07-27-2015, 10:52 PM
I don't understand. So you pay them 1% transaction fee to buy gold from them in which they hold for you?

Get paid to sign people up at $35.25 per person you sign up, why? How would they make money by paying you to sign people up? So they can get email address for what reason? Then couldn't you just go create a bunch of fake names & email addresses & sign them all up?

How do you know if they actually have any gold? How do you know what you get has any gold in it? Can you just go to a gold broker & buy gold? There are places that sell gold bars, gold coins, hell I can buy gold jewelry at the mall.

They talk about buying their gold through your bank account or credit card to pay people, why not just pay them through your bank account or credit card without giving them 1% cut to do so.

They talk about some bank in England holding the gold for you, but they sound American. Why would Americans have Gold in English banks? Do you get to determine which country and bank that holds your gold?

Why would I buy gold from them in order to buy things off of the web?

Yes, I agree gold is a good investment to have as apart of your investment. What I don't understand is why would you need to buy it from them? Or why getting others to sign up to them earning you money?

Banks in America are backed by the Gov up to $250,000 last time I checked. https://www.fdic.gov/deposit/covered/ Does the gold bank they speak about have that kind of insurance?

If it isn't clear to me how a company can turn a profit, then I don't trust it. Just like I didn't understand bit coin either & had several friends into it, trying to convince me to invest into it & computers to mine it. I'd rather go to Alaska & actually try to mine gold before investing in this or bit coin.

Sam

Bank of America maybe be backed by the Government but again that keeps the whole paper debt system in place. Also BofA isn't doing so well and has laid off many employees for constantly being sued left and right. Chase is doing similar cash grab practices of letting one overdraft turn into several hundred dollars when they take out a weeks worth of already paid transactions and send them back through highest transaction first.

I wouldn't necessarily see BitGold like a typical bank more close to what paypal is to most people. BitGold Inc. is also backed by Brinks as the deposits are also insured. You have to think they're not trying to invole the government control we're all so fond of. If that were the case places like paypal or even payoneer wouldn't exist because everyone would be required to do their banking directly through banks. Even when paypal got too big the goverment stepped in to "control" things.

Gold earring that you purchase at the store typically is being market up.

This is no different than your average "designer bag" that was made in the poorest areas of India at the rate of two bags of rice a week yet marked up here at 3000% for American consumer spending. Now I'm not going to state that I'm some type of authority on the gold industry.

Now BitGold Inc. isn't paying me for clicks because if that were the case I'd just plug them into traffic monsoon and let the clicking begin. What they're paying for is sign ups and hoping that quality people really get into the gold and send and receive it like they would cash money.

Looking at the markets that have all of the features in use I can clearly see how this is already taking place.

Another thing is you're actually gettng free gold whenever someone signs up that is worth a specific amount all for free. Now they payout between the 1st and the 5th of each month so I'll be reporting in if that money doesn't show up. Again I have spent nothing to do this nor has anyone that actually signed up.

The free Gold Heart Program which gives 0.25 whenever someone clicks that link AND SIGNS UP providing them with 0.25 pays out every 60 days which is why I haven't really promoted those links as much because I will not see that gold/money for a few months out.

I'm not asking anyone to sign up and start spending their money. I'm just asking people to just sign up. That's what I'm being paid for the free sign up process.

Moving over to bitcoin well anyone that didn't really get in it when btc was worth $5 is probably kicking themselves today. I wanted to get into it but there just wasn't enough information out there and I had to figured things up fast over a few weeks ago. Once M Gox got shut down almost perfect timing as the price of BTC went up I figured well that was the end of that. Had I bought up even 10,000 btc back in 2012 and just sat on it until now I would be a millionaire which has already happened to several people. I can log into a site called PrimeDice and find 17 year olds betting thousands of bitcoin like it's nothing at all loosing millions before my eyes. Yes clearly they're having fun but sitting back I"m thinking my god did he really just loose $60,000K in a few minutes?

Cryptocurrency is really the new wave right now and with all things people are going to get on it or get left behind. Most of the slows in finance come from someone trying to get a "cut" in transit. Do people really need to wait two weeks to be paid or is it that someone needs the money to sit for awhile gain some interest and let it move through more interest barring spaces before it gets to it's destination.

What I love about BTC/LTC/Doge is that everything moves within a few moments. If I want to get bitcoins it will probably take a day for me to see in my checking account. Other places process transfers faster but the btc company I use is a real bank. If I went with a more seedier option I could probably have my btc in my bank same day.

Speaking of fees. Well 1% is nothing when you compare it to all of the other fees you pay to transfer money around. Even paypal charges about 3%+ additional fees for certain transactions. What about payoneer? Sure BitGold Inc. hasn't launched their debit card yet in our market but that supposed to be coming soon.

cherryblossomsinspring
07-27-2015, 11:21 PM
Again I just want to state that right now I wasn't asking anyone to invest a dime. My position is to sign up for free. I too think hmm wonder how they're going to make money? My mind is they're doing a pay it forward movement. They're giving gold and paying people to give gold away. Once media starts flooding with "I just order my gold cubes" with instagram, twitter, facebook, linkedn, etc. We already know how fast people jump on what seems to be hot. A few youtube videos of people paying with physical gold or using their BitGold card and boom instant interest from the people that have REAL MONEY TO DEPOSIT. Personally I'm hoping someone does a BitSilver campaign because I feel in times of disaster silver has way more benefits than gold. I actually watched a docu and how silver is processed and the work that goes into it is mind blowing. Now for all we know they may be rolling out BitSilver in 2018 or something like that but want to focus on what seems familiar as having "value". Again I'm just speculating here as I have no direct line to BitGold Inc.'s team of thinkers. I'm just an affiliate.

I was thinking small but I saw their post on Greece and immediately became energized with the whole "movement, cause, decentralized". I think people have been burned so much that everyone is sitting back and waiting for someone to fall on their face only to return with" yup I knew that was crap!". Bitcoin surprised alot of people with it's bounce back and it amazing climb. I'm hoping that BitGold Inc. will be that next step or something that rides alongside bitcoin.

cherryblossomsinspring
07-27-2015, 11:26 PM
Earlier you said that they pay you $35.25/click. By contrast, last time I spent $325 on adwords, I got about 175000 people looking at my ad, and about 200 people clicked it. It cost me $1.63/click. Last time I spent $100 on facebook ads, 500000 people saw it and 110 clicked it. About $0.90 per click. So when I hear about a company paying affiliates 20 times more than google or 36 times more than facebook, I feel like I need to do some research. It is not necessarily sketchy, but I want to understand why it's not before I commit any of my money/time.

That said, it's all about why I'd want to sign up. If I want to sign up so I can spend my time convincing other people to sign up, then the affiliate program (and the payout rate) looks super good. But if I'm actually just looking to trust the service with my transactions, the affiliate program makes me think I need to do a lot of leg work to be confident they'll still be around when it comes time to pay me.

I'm not calling it a scam in any way, FWIW! But you said you don't know why it's so difficult to sign people up. My answer to that is I think it's because it resembles prior failed businesses, and because the amount they pay per click makes it sound too good to be true. That combination makes me want to do some serious research before trusting them with my personal info. And it makes me want to do even more serious research as a merchant before trusting them to hold my gold while I sell things.

I've started doing that research, though, and if it looks solid to me I'll sign up using your affiliate link. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

Thank you cody! I appreciate the positive thoughts and I'm glad someone popped in to talk about it. For awhile I felt like I was in this thread locked in a straight jacket +padded room combo while onlookers were saying "wow poor girl"lol. Even if this turns out to be a total waste I'm glad someone stepped out and shared their insight. Thank You Again:)

cherryblossomsinspring
07-27-2015, 11:35 PM
First Ever Debit Card Backed by Gold in Real Time
I explain below what the buyout of GoldMoney by BitGold means, but first let's start with a look at details of the announcement of the first ever debit card backed by gold in real time.
First Transactional Gold Account – Gold can be used in payments in addition to savings.
First Gold Merchant Platform – Process Credit/Debit Cards and earn gold!
First "Real" Gold Card
BitGold is an online bank account that is backed by gold as opposed to currency
Gold can be redeemed in as little as 10 gram increments (approximately $370 at today's price)
Publicly Traded, Audited by PwC, Insured, Backed by Strong Investors
Unlike other cards that sell gold at a premium then issue a debit card, BitGold is a gold-based settlement system in real time. It is also the first gold-based card of any kind available in the US.

Read more at http://freedomoutpost.com/2015/06/bitgold-now-available-in-us-why-bitgold/#AMGkESAqVdZhdIBq.99

cherryblossomsinspring
07-27-2015, 11:38 PM
Don't do it.

cherryblossomsinspring
07-27-2015, 11:41 PM
Wow someone just signed up! Yah!

cherryblossomsinspring
07-28-2015, 08:00 AM
I also want to point out NetSpend has a similar program and so does Capital One 360 ( Apparently the site is updating or down for maintenance) They pay around $20 for each new acct sign up so this is why BitGold offering $35.25 isn't a shocker. The different with a few of the Capital One referral programs is that some require a deposit and may payout a bonus $50 in 60 days. It's also way easier to promote a name everyone knows than something new.

So before people think "scam" I don't see it because the other programs out there from well known companies is pretty much the same but BitGold's is better.

cherryblossomsinspring
07-28-2015, 12:43 PM
No longer applies they changed their program now to only offer $3.81 per sign up that you may or may not receive.

cherryblossomsinspring
07-28-2015, 05:26 PM
No longer applies

codypearce
07-28-2015, 11:25 PM
I also want to point out NetSpend has a similar program and so does Capital One 360 ( Apparently the site is updating or down for maintenance) They pay around $20 for each new acct sign up so this is why BitGold offering $35.25 isn't a shocker. The different with a few of the Capital One referral programs is that some require a deposit and may payout a bonus $50 in 60 days. It's also way easier to promote a name everyone knows than something new.

So before people think "scam" I don't see it because the other programs out there from well known companies is pretty much the same but BitGold's is better.

I should add that I probably over-read

Every time someone clicks on your affiliate link ( usually stays tracking.....) If they're in the states UK, CA ( several other countries) you're given $35.25 or 0.75 grams of gold

as being paid $35.25 every time a unique user clicks your link. It would be INSANELY high for that. It is still very high for something that doesn't require a deposit or some account activity, but it's not the same "holy shit why is this site paying 30x more than anyone else" difference I was thinking.

cherryblossomsinspring
07-29-2015, 10:30 AM
I should add that I probably over-read

as being paid $35.25 every time a unique user clicks your link. It would be INSANELY high for that. It is still very high for something that doesn't require a deposit or some account activity, but it's not the same "holy shit why is this site paying 30x more than anyone else" difference I was thinking.

Oh no not "clicking" they need to actually sign up. It takes max 2 mins to do. They verify email and phone and that's it. The affiliate sign up is even simpler. Basic for fill out.

It's so simple and easy that it's bothers me more haven't joined. I thought 100 sign-up would be a breeze but I see that's not the case.

cherryblossomsinspring
07-29-2015, 11:33 AM
Don't waste your time.

cherryblossomsinspring
07-31-2015, 05:25 PM
Don't waste your time.

CherieArmour
10-01-2015, 12:41 PM
Don't waste your time.

so is this company no longer recommended?