PDA

View Full Version : Ex-stripper writing about the industry for article (NYC specific)

baby-cougar
08-18-2015, 12:32 PM
\_(ツ)_/

Aniela
08-19-2015, 10:31 PM
Don't you have anything better to do than over-analyse our industry to death & take us apart like some social sciences project? We aren't zoo animals, & our jobs shouldn't have to be put under the microscope for the entertainment of pseudo-intellectual strangers.

Aurora14
08-19-2015, 11:06 PM
Why wouldn't you just go to the clubs you are wanting info about and just pay the ladies for the info you are wanting? Or go thru threads on here to find the info and ask the person who posted if it is ok to use in your article? From what I'm understanding you aren't asking about specific income numbers, just what the club splits or takes from us. You are wanting to know where we stand on certain workplace issues and the impact we think certain actions are having on the industry. That kind of info we toss around pretty freely and quite frequently. You just have to look for it.

I would think that being an ex-stripper you should know how and where to get this info. Even have connections of your own to go through on a personal level.

baby-cougar
08-19-2015, 11:26 PM
Hi Aniela! I'm sorry that my message made it seem that I would present this piece as entertainment. As a writer I do want to write engaging work but that does not mean that I want to undertake doing so lightly for "for fun." Stripping was my main source of income for a long time, and I don't like seeing puff (http://nypost.com/2014/04/28/these-nyc-coeds-are-students-by-day-strippers-by-night/) pieces (http://www.vice.com/read/twenty-hours-in-new-york-citys-raunchiest-strip-club-456) because it invalidates my experiences on what the job was actually like. It could be either really hard or sometimes rewarding, but most of all it was my job and that meant a lot to me and I just want to present it as accurately as possible.

Aurora14, I've actually already spoken to a few people and am planning to visit more clubs soon, haha. You're totally right and I probably should have just messaged people directly and I did find a lot of relevant and interesting information in the threads. But like I said, I'm in the middle of making a survey but it's taking a little time and I wanted to introduce myself before posting it or sending people messages because otherwise I think that would have been spammy and rude. And maybe this way I can also reach more people.

I understand how imperative privacy is in this business and the only information I want would be provided willing from participants. I DO have a set of questions if anyone would like to take the time to answer them?

Aurora14
08-19-2015, 11:43 PM
Thank for clearing that stuff up. We aren't being evasive for no reason though. We get a thread just like this from a new to the forum poster about once a month. It is always the same info requested. I honestly think you would be able to get more people willing to participate if you had a higher post count (more forum contribution). However, thank you for the quick intro. I believe that, as long as you stick to forum rules, private communication with members should be ok.

baby-cougar
08-20-2015, 12:04 AM
No thank you. I completely understand where you're coming from and I appreciate you taking the time to communicate with me. You're totally right about the forum contribution thing.. I joined a while ago but I guess I never got around to posting much. I had a private tumblr but it's mostly just personal stuff. If anyone wants to read it they can message me but I can't promise it will be that interesting :P

baby-cougar
08-20-2015, 01:52 PM
\_(ツ)_/

lucyamber
08-20-2015, 04:35 PM
Is there any place in this forum where I could get some interesting thread of Dubai strippers? that would be nice. I mean I really like this conversation. I never have been on any forum so does't know anything about it. Just want to day hi. And answer to my question off course.

baby-cougar
08-20-2015, 04:44 PM
Is there any place in this forum where I could get some interesting thread of Dubai strippers? that would be nice. I mean I really like this conversation. I never have been on any forum so does't know anything about it. Just want to day hi. And answer to my question off course.

lol wut

Aniela
08-20-2015, 05:11 PM

Try Club Chat ... but from what I've heard/read abt Dubai, it's really only a good place to go if you've got a rape wish.

Henna93
08-30-2015, 02:47 PM
If you haven't already, I suggest taking a look at the club reviews to see what some your local dancers have been dealing with. Sapphire New York's looked pretty awful... In addition to the research you're doing, of course.

baby-cougar
09-02-2015, 06:56 AM
Thanks! Yeah, I've been looking up reviews but honestly at this point what I need are more personal opinions and stories from the actual people who work in these places. I have some first hand experience with NYC clubs but I don't feel that my own experiences would be that up-to-date or relevant since I no longer work in them. I would much rather give the word space to people who have more experience within the industry than just quote reviews, ya know?