PDA

View Full Version : Customs4U - a platform for selling custom videos

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

PetraAnn
08-22-2015, 04:46 AM
We have relaunched the brand new www.customs4u.com! Come by and take a look!

Hello ladies and gents!

My name is Petra, some of you may know me since I have been a fairly permanent fixture over at FreeOnes for years. Back in April I decided it was time for new adventures and took an offer from www.customs4u.com!

I know that there's probably many that do know what Customs4U is, for those that don't, we're first and foremost a custom video selling platform. We also allow performers and studios to sell pre-made videos (i.e. clip store), get tips and tributes, and shortly after the new year we'll be launching a new live cam feature!

Why Use Customs4U?

Everyone has different traffic who wants different things. What sells well on one site, might not sell very well on another. So it's worth it to see if our traffic is right for you, or if your traffic likes our site!

We also have traffic and it's growing daily. I recently opened an affiliate program so that we can drive even more traffic via affiliate sales (www.kinky.cash and it's run via the NATS platform for some serious affiliate marketing power) and we're working on partnerships with different companies as well so we can continue driving fresh traffic to the site. Not to mention we have toplists on our hope page and we're working on different ways to get as many eyes on profiles as possible so everyone gets some face time.

Finally, we're customer friendly. What does that mean? If the customers order a custom video and it's not delivered, their money no longer hangs in limbo. They can actively get the funds returned which in turn has created not only happy, but repeat customers who are willing to spend more. This is win win for everyone from the affiliate to the performer.

But don't take my word for it. If you're not on www.customs4u.com yet, register and test it for yourself!

Performer Profile Features

Unlike the old site, we actually have a profile with all the features a performer is using! It's visible to search engines, and it's easy to grab so you can promote your services to your customers or fans!

Additionally, you can add your biographical data (height, weight, orientation, etc) and an 'About Me' to your profile! Search engines love this kind of stuff, plus it makes your profile look nice. And of course you can link your twitter so your followers know when you have made it into a top list on the home page, or have uploaded a new video (don't worry, we're adding the functionality that will allow you to 'mute' certain tweets in the new year).

About Custom Videos

We offer a robust order form that allows you to customize it to how YOU want to sell your custom videos. If you don't want to sell customs, no worries. Just keep it turned off!

Turn the feature on or off based on if you want to do them, or not. You can also temporarily turn them off if you're too busy to do customs, or are going on vacation and don't want orders expiring while you're gone.
Choose the delivery times, resolutions you offer, pricing, and what you are or aren't willing to do in custom videos.
Your customers can choose more than 1 "category"...so if you offer stripping, cake smashing, and heels, he can choose for all 3 of those things to be in his video.
Escrow system that holds all funds until the video is delivered to the customer. If the delivery date is not met, you get a 24 hour grace period and then the customer has the option of requesting his funds back.
Don't like the video request? Just can't do it, or it's not reasonable at all? You can now decline it yourself!
Integrated custom video order IM system where you can chat with the customer about the custom and get more details.

About Video Clips

If you only want to sell customs, then simply don't upload any video clips to keep this feature off your profile!

Upload pre-made video clips to your Customs4U account.
Add up to 10 tags of YOUR choosing (no standard categories you must conform to).
Add an in depth, SEO friendly, description for your customer.
Add your own .gif or let the system do it for you.
Add movie files OR sound files (for those that do erotic stories).
Choose to allow downloading of your videos or streaming only.
Allow 30 second video previews or turn them off.
Schedule your videos ahead of time.
www.clipdrone.com compatible!

Upcoming Features and Utilities for 2016

Live cams - coming VERY soon! Stay tuned for more information in this thread as we get closer!
Skype calling
Performer store
New payout options
More twitter options
More ways for customers to interact with the site and performers for credits

Payout Information

70% for custom videos
70% for video clips
75% for tributes and tips
Payout via Payoneer
Standard 2 week payout is FREE
Express 3 payout for 5% of total funds being paid out (normally takes place within 24 hours of the request)

If you ever have any questions, or need help, you can either ask in this thread or mail [email protected] My own contact information is in my signature, please feel free to contact me at any time. I'm usually attached to some sort of device that's either email or skype enabled. ;-)

ruinator
08-22-2015, 04:58 AM
theres already a thread about customs4u, might want to search it.

PetraAnn
08-22-2015, 05:13 AM
theres already a thread about customs4u, might want to search it.

I'm well aware of it but it's pretty old (created in 2013 and last reply over 6 months ago) with tons of old or speculated info. I thought it was better to create one from the horse's mouth vs. resurrecting a zombie thread. ;-)

justsometwat
08-22-2015, 10:01 AM
As a suggestion for C4U, it needs more categories. It's lacking a LOT of the necessary ones. For instance there is a boy-girl category and a blowjob POV / dildo category, but there's no fuck or fucking category. I think it would be worth C4U to look into the kinds of videos that are uploaded to their site and make new categories based on the ones that are uploaded. It's the one thing I HATE about the site.

PetraAnn
08-22-2015, 02:47 PM
As a suggestion for C4U, it needs more categories. It's lacking a LOT of the necessary ones. For instance there is a boy-girl category and a blowjob POV / dildo category, but there's no fuck or fucking category. I think it would be worth C4U to look into the kinds of videos that are uploaded to their site and make new categories based on the ones that are uploaded. It's the one thing I HATE about the site.

I agree, which is why with the new site performers and studios will be able to actually suggest categories to be added. There will also be a very comprehensive tagging system so people can find exactly what they are looking for.

And, there will be actual usable and link-able profiles for each performer on the site so everyone can find whom they're looking for easily.

justsometwat
08-23-2015, 11:34 AM
That's great news. I'd also love to see C4U's graphics/logos get an update as well. They aren't very good honestly :P and navigation is a bit confusing but it seems like you're already going to be fixing that, so that's good :)

PetraAnn
08-23-2015, 12:25 PM
That's great news. I'd also love to see C4U's graphics/logos get an update as well. They aren't very good honestly :P and navigation is a bit confusing but it seems like you're already going to be fixing that, so that's good :)

I think we're on the same page. ;-)

Here's a post I made on the c4u blog with a first look at some mock ups I got from the designer last week for the home page and the advanced search. Don't take anything you see to heart because I think we're already on v4 or v5 of the design, but you get the gist of what to expect. http://blog.customs4u.com/other-stuff/customs4u-news/a-first-look-at-the-new-customs4u-home-page-and-advanced-search/

The first screenshot shows the advanced search when it's expanded. If someone knows who or what they're looking for, they can type it in the normal search bar in the header. But, if they don't know exactly what they want yet, they can start with using the advanced search which will then lead into a very neat, but currently top secret, explore/discover feature. I'm pretty excited about this.

The 2nd screen shows the advanced search when it's collapsed and the "yesterday's top models" box. As the header for the slider says, it'll show the top models and there will be criteria that shows the top performers based on custom sales, video sales, searches, clicks, and other criteria (which isn't defined).

The other boxes, which aren't defined as of yet, but there will show latest videos uploaded, maybe latest custom videos sold (with a little snippet of what you could expect), perhaps the latest performers or most popular categories.

So yea, a lot of exciting things coming. I never throw myself behind a product unless I believe in it and I'm actually pretty pleased with what I'm seeing so far from our development team. I think there will be a huge sign of relief from current performers using c4u. ;-)

PetraAnn
08-27-2015, 05:00 AM
The proposed design for a performer profile (there will be a profile for studios, producers and pay sites as well which will include a calendar so that customers can reserve customs for a performer being shot on a particular day).

Keep in mind, this is a mock-up and not the end design. More or less, the elements you see will be on the page and as features are added, elements will be added to the profile so that you can continue with 1 stop shop promotion. :)

caramelcraze
08-30-2015, 03:20 PM
Hey Petra Ann,
I have a couple questions: When c4u does decide to change their mark up, will performers who have been with the company since the beginning (pre april or may 2014) be grandfathered in at their current percentage (ie 70% for customs/content & 80% for tributes)? Part of the reason I've pushed most of my custom traffic towards c4u is due to the high payout rate & excellent customer service that I've been utilizing for nearly a year and a half now.
My second question is if the rate change does occur for long term providers, will we know what the rate change is before it transpires? I'm not a fan of surprises :p
Thanks so much!

PetraAnn
08-31-2015, 12:46 AM
Hey Petra Ann,
I have a couple questions: When c4u does decide to change their mark up, will performers who have been with the company since the beginning (pre april or may 2014) be grandfathered in at their current percentage (ie 70% for customs/content & 80% for tributes)? Part of the reason I've pushed most of my custom traffic towards c4u is due to the high payout rate & excellent customer service that I've been utilizing for nearly a year and a half now.
My second question is if the rate change does occur for long term providers, will we know what the rate change is before it transpires? I'm not a fan of surprises :p
Thanks so much!

Hi Caramel,

As I stated before, I'm not certain what the percentages will be as of yet. However, it's our intention to keep the rates the same as they are now. The only way they'll change is to do better, which I'm sure nobody can complain too much about. ;-)

For your second question, as soon as things slow just a little for me (not only am project managing the entire new site, but trying to get ready for the London and Amsterdam webmaster shows) I plan on starting to send out regular newsletters explaining where we are in the process, and any changes. So, if for some reason there has to be a rate change, then everyone with an account will be aware.

caramelcraze
08-31-2015, 02:03 AM
Hi Caramel,

As I stated before, I'm not certain what the percentages will be as of yet. However, it's our intention to keep the rates the same as they are now. The only way they'll change is to do better, which I'm sure nobody can complain too much about. ;-)

For your second question, as soon as things slow just a little for me (not only am project managing the entire new site, but trying to get ready for the London and Amsterdam webmaster shows) I plan on starting to send out regular newsletters explaining where we are in the process, and any changes. So, if for some reason there has to be a rate change, then everyone with an account will be aware.

Thanks so much for answering my questions!

PetraAnn
08-31-2015, 02:07 AM
Thanks so much for answering my questions!

You're very welcome! Feel free to ask more questions if you think of them.

ClassyCara
10-05-2015, 03:17 PM
Petra, when do you estimate other payout options will be available? I don't have the urge to get a Payoneer account. (Too many income avenues already!)

PetraAnn
10-06-2015, 11:18 PM
Petra, when do you estimate other payout options will be available? I don't have the urge to get a Payoneer account. (Too many income avenues already!)

Hopefully I'll be able to introduce a new payment method shortly after we launch. The first step is getting a new platform that doesn't have all the things that annoy us about C4U. The good news is, we're just weeks out from launch, I'm actually getting the new site for testing this week! I literally got word from the dev team that it's being uploaded today. ;-)

So that means step 2 is determining the next payment method(s). That brings up a few questions for you ladies so I can see if what I want to put next coincides with what you want next:

1. What is your preferred payment method?

2. Would it deter you from signing up if we only paid out 1x a month via your preferred payment method? (this would be for any NEW payment method, not what we currently have, which WILL NOT CHANGE).

3. Would you like to see the express payout option (i.e. right now performers can request a payout for a 5% fee and get their pay in 3 days) applied to your preferred payout method?

takiaya
10-07-2015, 01:10 AM
Hopefully I'll be able to introduce a new payment method shortly after we launch. The first step is getting a new platform that doesn't have all the things that annoy us about C4U. The good news is, we're just weeks out from launch, I'm actually getting the new site for testing this week! I literally got word from the dev team that it's being uploaded today. ;-)

So that means step 2 is determining the next payment method(s). That brings up a few questions for you ladies so I can see if what I want to put next coincides with what you want next:

2. Would it deter you from signing up if we only paid out 1x a month via your preferred payment method?

3. Would you like to see the express payout option (i.e. right now performers can request a payout for a 5% fee and get their pay in 3 days) applied to your preferred payout method?

I would be kinda upset if it was changed to a 1x a month payout, I like making something and cashing it out asap if I need the money bad enough, I always do the 5% added fee for faster money payout, it doesn't always even take 3 days, I've gotten it as soon as same day before.

PetraAnn
10-07-2015, 02:00 AM
I would be kinda upset if it was changed to a 1x a month payout, I like making something and cashing it out asap if I need the money bad enough, I always do the 5% added fee for faster money payout, it doesn't always even take 3 days, I've gotten it as soon as same day before.

Just so there's 100% clarity and no confusion: Payoneer will be remaining the same. So the 15 day option OR the express payout. My questions apply only to *NEW* payment methods added on top of Payoneer. ;-)

caramelcraze
10-16-2015, 05:30 PM

2. Would it deter you from signing up if we only paid out 1x a month via your preferred payment method? (this would be for any NEW payment method, not what we currently have, which WILL NOT CHANGE).

1. Straight across direct deposit. Having to route it through payoneer for a DD can take up to a week to receive on the models end, which sucks when you're paying 5% extra to have it in half that time (plus the additional fees suck).
2. I personally loath once a month pay out from ANY site. It's one of the reasons I'm not as active on c4s as I should be. No one likes getting $600 worth of sales in the first week of the month and then having to wait 30 days to get it. One of the reasons I push my custom traffic towards your site is because you guys have the option to pay out at any time.
3. Having the option to choose is nice at times. That being said, if you took away the express pay option altogether & just had weekly payouts, I'd still use the site just as much as I already do.

Also, can someone PLEASE work on the fact that your DD through payoneer show up as "Customs4u" on bank statements? No other adult oriented site I've worked for or even know of displays that kind of info to the banks & it seriously worries me at times. Even if the deposit just said "Customs" that'd be fine, but displaying the entire site name is upsetting at best.

Luna66
10-16-2015, 05:56 PM
Also, can someone PLEASE work on the fact that your DD through payoneer show up as "Customs4u" on bank statements? No other adult oriented site I've worked for or even know of displays that kind of info to the banks & it seriously worries me at times. Even if the deposit just said "Customs" that'd be fine, but displaying the entire site name is upsetting at best.

Woah. Thanks for posting that! Yeah, I was going to sign up but not until that's fixed.

PetraAnn
10-17-2015, 06:52 AM
1. Straight across direct deposit. Having to route it through payoneer for a DD can take up to a week to receive on the models end, which sucks when you're paying 5% extra to have it in half that time (plus the additional fees suck).
2. I personally loath once a month pay out from ANY site. It's one of the reasons I'm not as active on c4s as I should be. No one likes getting $600 worth of sales in the first week of the month and then having to wait 30 days to get it. One of the reasons I push my custom traffic towards your site is because you guys have the option to pay out at any time.
3. Having the option to choose is nice at times. That being said, if you took away the express pay option altogether & just had weekly payouts, I'd still use the site just as much as I already do.

I'll see what I can do about the DD. This could become a possibility for those performers/studios that have an EU bank account, but for those outside of the EU it gets a little more difficult. Trust me, as an American living in the Netherlands, I wish the USA would get it's crap together as far as international banking.

I'm looking at being able to offer checks, wires and paxum in addition to Payoneer in the near future.

Woah. Thanks for posting that! Yeah, I was going to sign up but not until that's fixed.

Yea, I'll be looking into that.

caramelcraze
10-19-2015, 12:48 AM
I'll see what I can do about the DD

Even if it's from "Willy Lump Lump inc." I'd be happier. Heck if you can get the checks not to say the site name, I'll switch to them. :/

PetraAnn
10-20-2015, 11:50 AM
Even if it's from "Willy Lump Lump inc." I'd be happier. Heck if you can get the checks not to say the site name, I'll switch to them. :/

Damn, I like Willy Lump Lump! I should have thought of that. ;-) But, it's been changed and will no longer show up as Customs4U.

caramelcraze
10-21-2015, 07:59 PM
But, it's been changed and will no longer show up as Customs4U.

...When is this suppose to take effect? I got a deposit yesterday that stated "Payoneer- Customs4u" :s

PetraAnn
10-21-2015, 11:02 PM
...When is this suppose to take effect? I got a deposit yesterday that stated "Payoneer- Customs4u" :s

I'm sorry, I was told it's done by Payoneer. I'm looking into it and I'll get back to you on this ASAP.

PetraAnn
10-22-2015, 02:53 AM

I talked to our finance person and he said that it takes 2-4 days for a payment to go through. So it's possible your payment went through already before I got the confirmation from Payoneer on the 19th. I'm going to check with some performers I know are getting paid on Monday to have them check their statement and see if it indeed changed. I'll get back to you!

And by the way, I'm actively testing the new site. It's a beauty and a huuuuuge improvement. I'll be sending out a newsletter + posting here and some other forums to let everyone know the schedule for when we're switching over. Unfortunately in the way of things we will be having a little bit of downtime to make sure no purchases are being made, videos uploaded, accounts made, etc while we switch so we can make sure to sync the last bit of info to the new site.

Exciting times!

PetraAnn
10-29-2015, 09:20 AM
Just to let you guys know, I AM still working on the Customs4U appearing on Payoneer statements issue. If you've seen a change in name, please let me know!

PetraAnn
10-31-2015, 06:07 AM
Ok guys, I think we have this issue dealt with, I just need a confirmation. Any payments from C4U should no longer show up as Customs4U in Payoneer OR on transfers to your bank account from Payoneer.

caramelcraze
10-31-2015, 06:53 PM
I just popped online. If I manage to cash out tonight, I'll let you know what happens when I receive my payment. :)

PetraAnn
11-01-2015, 02:18 AM
I just popped online. If I manage to cash out tonight, I'll let you know what happens when I receive my payment. :)

Cheers, please do!

PetraAnn
11-04-2015, 01:51 PM
Alright guys! It's almost here, re-launch day! I'm super excited to unveil the revamped site because it looks so much better, is easier to navigate and promote!

I'm still waiting for the firm details on when we're going to go live with the new site, but if you keep an eye on the Customs4U Twitter, we'll be keeping everyone up to date through the day tomorrow (Nov 5th).

What can be expected on launch day?

At some point tomorrow, after our devs are done with all the behind the scenes prep to the site, we're going to have to bring down the current Customs4U site. Why? If we don't then there's a good chance someone's new account, a custom request, clip sale, tribute, etc isn't added to the new site.

So to make sure no accounts or money is lost while we update the new site with the last bit of new information, we need to turn the old one off.

Once the new site is up and live, what happens next?

Once the new site is live, you can log into your account and have a look around!

Please be aware there IS new stuff that you will need to fill out in your accounts such as a message to your fans, your bio information, and adjusting the costs of your clips and customs.

What new features does the new site sport?

There's actually quite a few new features and functionality. I'm not going to list it all out, but here's some of the bigger stuff...

Proper profiles: this was a real bugbear of mine since on the old site, there isn't an easy way for you guys to get your customs URL AND there's a different URL for each feature. No more! Profiles consist of a 1 stop shop of all the features you choose to partake in, URL that's easy to copy and paste where ever you want to stick it, a section where you can write something about yourself, and biography info!

Studio accounts: studio accounts are for anyone who produces content such as producers, production studios, porn sites with in house production, cam studios, etc. These accounts will have tributes/tips, customs, clip store AND an additional feature that allows them to schedule a shoot ahead of time and let people reserve a video from that shoot!

Tagging system: one of the problems I've run into over the year is there are just too many categories. Unless you want an 8 mile list that people have to shuffle through, lines have to be made in what categories you do or don't have on your site. So after a lot of thought, we've decided to dispense with the traditional category list and go with a robust tagging system. You can tag the heck out of your videos and each option you add into your custom is considered a tag as well. This all ties into our advanced search so people can find exactly what they're looking for!

Add your own categories into custom videos: to expand on this, you get to choose the things you want to do. If you have a special talent of yodeling while juggling, you can add that to the list along with the cost. This allows you to get as specific as you want. Additionally, your customers don't have to choose just 1 thing anymore. If you have stripping, dancing, wearing white socks and that's what the customer is into, he can select all 3 items for his custom video!

Promo widgets: finally! you can put a tribute widget, or a custom video widget, on your site, blog, or where ever else you can stick HTML code!

Credit system: for the new site, we decided to go with a credit system. There's a lot of reasons why, but I think one of the most important that I've discovered within my time in the adult industry is credits are easier to handle than shuffling real money around. Plus, they're great for using as that carrot on a stick. :)

And here's a bunch of smaller things...

Be able to decline custom videos yourself (YAY!)
Discuss custom video details via IM with the customer
Introducing a streaming option w/30 second previews
Be able to allow only streaming video, i.e. no downloading
Turn the custom video platform on and off (if you only want to sell clips or going on vacation, you can turn it off)
Performer AND clip star rating for customers who have purchased something
Choose between the tip or tribute terms

Finally, the stuff about money...

Here not much is changing aside from the fact we're not going to put our markup or affiliate markups on AFTER you guys set your prices any longer. So the important stuff...

Customs, clips, reserved videos: 70%
Tributes/tips: 75%

For those of you who are also affiliates or referrers, we have some changes there as well but I'll be emailing affiliates and referrers tomorrow and Friday with the details.

PetraAnn
11-05-2015, 06:51 AM
Ok, quick update...we're unfortunately having to delay until tomorrow for the relaunch so the current site won't be going down at all today. It's perfectly fine to sign up for an account or to make transactions. It will all be recorded and updated to the new site tomorrow morning.

Our devs for the new site were having to coordinate with the devs of our old site to get some important information and the exchange didn't happen as quickly as we were promised. Due to vast years experience with this type of situation, it's always better to call it for the day than trying to do a rush job. It never ends how you hope it does.

Again, keep an eye on our twitter account http://www.twitter.com/customs4u for updates.

My apologies for any inconvenience!

DonaDiabla
11-05-2015, 07:34 PM
Hello Petra,

I was wondering if you guys ever thought about adding either a animation or machinima category soon? :) Just a thought.

Ok, quick update...we're unfortunately having to delay until tomorrow for the relaunch so the current site won't be going down at all today. It's perfectly fine to sign up for an account or to make transactions. It will all be recorded and updated to the new site tomorrow morning.

Our devs for the new site were having to coordinate with the devs of our old site to get some important information and the exchange didn't happen as quickly as we were promised. Due to vast years experience with this type of situation, it's always better to call it for the day than trying to do a rush job. It never ends how you hope it does.

Again, keep an eye on our twitter account http://www.twitter.com/customs4u for updates.

My apologies for any inconvenience!

PetraAnn
11-05-2015, 11:57 PM
Hello Petra,

I was wondering if you guys ever thought about adding either a animation or machinima category soon? :) Just a thought.

With the new site, we're ditching the idea of normal "categories" as they're used on sites traditionally. Instead, we're going with tags that play into a really cool search feature. So if you do a lot of animation, machinma, special effects, etc you can get as narrow or wide as you want with the tags.

Then we'll have a page that lists all tags, we have a robust advanced search/explore features, and shortly after launch we'll have an elastic search engine installed for the site.

So literally, the sky's the limit. You're 100% in control of how you market yourself. ;-)

I've had a few performers we're close to help with alpha testing and they have been talking non-stop about this system, so I'm really hoping everyone else feels the same way we all do!

PetraAnn
11-06-2015, 04:57 AM
OK! It's starting! The current (old) site will be coming down sometime within the next 2 hours (as of 13:00 amsterdam time).

:dance:

PetraAnn
11-06-2015, 05:15 PM
And we're now live!

Please keep in mind that over the next 24-48 hours we still have A LOT of information syncing from the old site to the new. So videos, custom video orders, etc could still be coming in. Don't panic, be patient please!

Ashley_3
11-06-2015, 11:25 PM
Petra, I sent you an email. I had a custom ordered last week and it's missing now. I can't deliver it and get paid.
I tried contacting support, but when I click send the page doesn't change and I don't know if it's sent or it's just not working.

PetraAnn
11-07-2015, 06:00 AM
Petra, I sent you an email. I had a custom ordered last week and it's missing now. I can't deliver it and get paid.
I tried contacting support, but when I click send the page doesn't change and I don't know if it's sent or it's just not working.

Hi Ashley -

You should have a mail from me sitting in your inbox if you haven't seen it already.

As I said, we still have some information syncing and outstanding orders are one of those things. We still have access to everything on the old site (it's frozen in time more or less) so nothing is lost and I guarantee you'll receive what you earned.

I'll make sure that we contact you the second your custom transaction is in your dashboard so you can upload and request a payout!

- Petra

justsometwat
11-09-2015, 09:55 AM
The password change area doesn't work, it shows this notification:
change_password_error_wrong_old_password_message
when you try to change it, even though the password is right.

When will we be able to see an edit our old videos that we uploaded with the old site? I can only see the ones that I uploaded after the new site went live.
- Uh oh, I can't see any of my videos! It shows only the new one I uploaded today :( Says I have only 1 video in total. No one else's seem to be showing either.
Were customers always able to download the videos they bought before or were they only ever able to stream them?
Where do we find our Payoneer ID?
How is the top 20 determined? Most monthly sales, weekly, daily? Something else?
How do they choose featured models?
What is the optimal resolution for gifs and is there a maximum file size?

I think that's all the questions that I have for now :P

PetraAnn
11-09-2015, 01:14 PM
The password change area doesn't work, it shows this notification:
change_password_error_wrong_old_password_message
when you try to change it, even though the password is right.

When will we be able to see an edit our old videos that we uploaded with the old site? I can only see the ones that I uploaded after the new site went live.
- Uh oh, I can't see any of my videos! It shows only the new one I uploaded today :( Says I have only 1 video in total. No one else's seem to be showing either.
Were customers always able to download the videos they bought before or were they only ever able to stream them?
Where do we find our Payoneer ID?
How is the top 20 determined? Most monthly sales, weekly, daily? Something else?
How do they choose featured models?
What is the optimal resolution for gifs and is there a maximum file size?

I think that's all the questions that I have for now :P

Hi there,

I'm working on the password issue right now.

We're also currently working on the video issue. Unfortunately, something out of our control went wrong with the first migration of videos so we're having to do it again. None of the videos are lost and we're hopefully going to have everything done in the next day or so. And yes, the customers should be able to access the videos they've previously bought as soon as that info syncs over.

The top 20, featured, and most popular all have different criteria to give everyone a fair chance of trying to get onto the home page of the site.

Top 20

These are the the top performers of the day based on the number of custom and video sales, how many people have visited their profiles, if they use the thank you function, have more than 3 stars and a few other little things that go into the formula.

Featured

Featured has less stiff requirements. Simply put, featured models have to use the site in some way (updating profile, uploading video, etc), have completed profiles, have custom clips activated, and a 3 star or more rating and several other little things.

Most Popular

This is based off searches, tributes, have been rated in the past X days, has sold a custom OR video, etc. Both featured and most popular are limited to X times per hour.

We have to collect data to fill these requirements before activating it, so you should see the main page be less static over the coming days. But I wanted to do it in such a way that gives everyone a chance if they put the effort into it.

Payoneer ID

You can add the email or the ID associated with payoneer. Apparently both work. But, we're working on making all your old payoneer info show up in your account so don't worry about that part as it should appear soon if it hasn't already.

Download/Stream

On the old site, customers were able to only download. With the rebuild, we got several requests from performers and some exclusive studios to give the choice to download or stream as they only will upload to places that don't allow downloading. So we have decided to give everyone the choice. Download is by far the most popular option, but if someone who has traffic/customers that are used to streaming only then so be it.

Gifs

I'm going to have to get back to you on that. I don't want to tell you something completely wrong.

If you have any suggestions, feel free to let me know. Aside from the obvious video issue, we're currently working on making the site better for both customers and users now that we have real traffic on it. ;-)

kinkydirtybitch
11-09-2015, 01:33 PM
My custom clip still has not reappeared to the site & still waiting to hear back from tweets & emails.

caramelcraze
11-09-2015, 07:09 PM
I have a question. I just checked out the new platform and ALL of my videos have been deleted (I probably had 30 or so up). All of my rating are also gone (I had almost 60 and a 5 star average) & my recommended tag is gone (I'm not even in the featured section). I've been with you guys since the beginning (early 2014) & I was one of the most (and highest) rated ebony amateurs on the site.

...Do I now have to start all over?

HaydenBlue
11-09-2015, 08:15 PM
I have a question. I just checked out the new platform and ALL of my videos have been deleted (I probably had 30 or so up). All of my rating are also gone (I had almost 60 and a 5 star average) & my recommended tag is gone (I'm not even in the featured section). I've been with you guys since the beginning (early 2014) & I was one of the most (and highest) rated ebony amateurs on the site.

Same issue here :/ all of my clips are gone.

PetraAnn
11-09-2015, 11:45 PM
My custom clip still has not reappeared to the site & still waiting to hear back from tweets & emails.

Same issue here :/ all of my clips are gone.

1. Clips ARE currently syncing back to the site. We had a technical problem that forced us to unfortunately re-sync videos but to do this we had to remove the videos off our site again. Trust me when I say this is the last thing we wanted to do.

However, this time it is working and ETA from our devs is this will complete within the next 24 hours.

2. I explained the top 20, featured and most popular here. https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/showthread.php?202816-Customs4U-a-platform-for-selling-custom-videos&p=2818693&viewfull=1#post2818693

Since this is a brand new site, we wanted the home page to be much more dynamic and cover a much broader range of performers and studios. Anyone who puts a little bit of effort into their accounts will be able to get into the featured or most popular once the script for the home page is running (we've been having to collect data first in order to make it run).

3. And for those who've tried to contact us via tweets or mail, if you don't hear back in a reasonable time you can always mail me at [email protected] or [email protected] and we will answer pretty quickly. Unfortunately, we are in the UK and Netherlands and while we are working long and odd hours right now, occasionally we have to sleep so all I ask is to please be patient with us.

I swear that we're working extremely hard to make everyone happy.

kinkydirtybitch
11-10-2015, 02:08 AM
Not sure how we can do that given there is nowhere to put our own text; just stats.

Am I missing something here?!

sexysusie
11-10-2015, 08:52 AM
Can you tell me how much you add on to the price we charge please? I signed up a couple of years ago but never got any business from it so I've misplaced the info along the way and now can't find it grr. Do you think it would be possible to add the ability to offer different priced customs per minute? For example I want to charge less for basic tease videos, a few pounds more for fetish/ explicit, and double for boy/girl. I've set up some add ons (boy/girl for +100) but it's not ideal and I can imagine some guys just sending through a booking without really reading it properly. Thanks. Site looks great by the way :D

PetraAnn
11-10-2015, 01:00 PM
Not sure how we can do that given there is nowhere to put our own text; just stats.

Am I missing something here?!

https://www.customs4u.com/personal/profile/ (click when logged in)

Go to the shop tab and you'll see the "about me" section. Don't ask me why the programmers thought it was logical to put it there because frankly, it's not and they didn't listen. Making this dashboard much more logical is already on my list, so it's coming.

I sincerely apologize for the confusion here and trust me, the developers now know NEVER to go cowboy on me again.

Can you tell me how much you add on to the price we charge please? I signed up a couple of years ago but never got any business from it so I've misplaced the info along the way and now can't find it grr. Do you think it would be possible to add the ability to offer different priced customs per minute? For example I want to charge less for basic tease videos, a few pounds more for fetish/ explicit, and double for boy/girl. I've set up some add ons (boy/girl for +100) but it's not ideal and I can imagine some guys just sending through a booking without really reading it properly. Thanks. Site looks great by the way :D

Unlike the old site, we're not adding anything on top of your price. Aside from making clips, customs, etc much more expensive, it also made the site much harder to program around. Because I decided to use a professional affiliate platform (NATs for those that do affiliate stuff too) I've gone with straight cuts like the rest of the industry. So the split is 70/30 on clips/customs and 75/35 on tips/tributes.

As for your question about the customs, you can make it as expensive or cheap as you like. So as you can see below, you can add the options you want. You set a price per minute and then for things like boy/girl or whatever fetish thing you do, you set an additional price.

The cool thing about this is they can choose say, boy/girl and smoking for your video if those are things that you offer in customs. And, if they request something that doesn't wash with you, just decline it (there's also an IM on the custom order page itself so you can try to hash it out with the customer if you wish).

Clearer now?

PetraAnn
11-10-2015, 01:04 PM
OH....and most of the videos are now back. We have a few more missing and our devs are madly working on it (as well as the custom .gifs you ladies took so much time to create).

For UK girls, if you've uploaded some videos but they have the "banned" porn actions by the UK government in a tag, they will not show up for UK IPs. These are things like female ejaculation (and other variations), face sitting, extreme whipping, etc.

If you have non-UK traffic that will see it, knock yourself out.

sexysusie
11-10-2015, 01:41 PM
Petra I would really appreciate more info on how you are implementing the tag/ block IP thing if you wouldn't mind messaging me?

cymonehearts
11-10-2015, 09:54 PM
I debated on replying to this thread but ive been a consistent model on customs4u for 6months plus . ..

i'm honestly not happy at all about the changes maybe it will grow on me . In my opinion, the changes made were to keep up with everyone else and some changes seem unnecessary. The previous site was clean and simple .. now things seem to bit all over the place. When I say that I mean what used to take a 3 clicks to complete is taking more time and clicks.

To me what makes it worse is you guys released the new version without giving instructions to the models on how to use the "new" features. Us models pretty much bring the traffic to your site .. why is that we have to go to stripperweb or search your twitter feed for answers. Customers are asking me how to do a custom and I can't even explain because the setup is alot more complicated then it used to be.
We weren't even told the conversion of the amount of Credits vs the Dollar.

Also why is it that you guys take a percentage 30-35% + the processing fee for payoneer or we have to wait 2 weeks for there to be no fee. And there's also a fee with payoneer for processing the funds.

To be honest I had over 100 orders on the site... before and after the site updates I was still on the bottom of the search list. With the new site my name is next to girls who haven't even used the site.

Other top sites like mfc, chaturbate, streamate .. either email or have a section on the site for models to notify of updates,news, or issues. They also have either a wiki or a support page on "how to do/ operate" the features on the site.

PetraAnn
11-11-2015, 01:10 AM
Petra I would really appreciate more info on how you are implementing the tag/ block IP thing if you wouldn't mind messaging me?

By all means, my door is open. You can mail me, skype me (both are in my signature), or send me a private message here. Please never feel like you're bothering me! Just keep in mind I'm in the Netherlands so if you're in the US, it may be a few hours before I see your message.

I debated on replying to this thread but ive been a consistent model on customs4u for 6months plus . ..

i'm honestly not happy at all about the changes maybe it will grow on me . In my opinion, the changes made were to keep up with everyone else and some changes seem unnecessary. The previous site was clean and simple .. now things seem to bit all over the place. When I say that I mean what used to take a 3 clicks to complete is taking more time and clicks.

To me what makes it worse is you guys released the new version without giving instructions to the models on how to use the "new" features. Us models pretty much bring the traffic to your site .. why is that we have to go to stripperweb or search your twitter feed for answers. Customers are asking me how to do a custom and I can't even explain because the setup is alot more complicated then it used to be.
We weren't even told the conversion of the amount of Credits vs the Dollar.

Also why is it that you guys take a percentage 30-35% + the processing fee for payoneer or we have to wait 2 weeks for there to be no fee. And there's also a fee with payoneer for processing the funds.

To be honest I had over 100 orders on the site... before and after the site updates I was still on the bottom of the search list. With the new site my name is next to girls who haven't even used the site.

Other top sites like mfc, chaturbate, streamate .. either email or have a section on the site for models to notify of updates,news, or issues. They also have either a wiki or a support page on "how to do/ operate" the features on the site.

I completely understand that it's human nature to not like change. While on the outside the old site might have seemed ok, on the inside technically speaking, it was a house of cards waiting for a strong gust of wind to knock it down. The ONLY way to fix it was to completely redo it and give the site a strong and robust foundation to exist on. Sticking on a rotten structure just isn't a smart option for any site.

Plus, technology is always changing. Flash is becoming obsolete, things are starting to support html 5 over html 4, etc. So in order to simply exist, technology HAS to keep up.

Now, I'm not going to disagree with you on your feelings about releasing it without instructions. I can only say that I've had words with our devs about ignoring my instructions and I will be getting instructions in this week hopefully. This will include instructions for all accounts, and we're adding and changing some things to make it more intuitive. If you have any feedback about actual functionalities (aside from the old site was better because going back isn't going to happen), I'm happy to listen and see if I can fit it in. The way I see it, YOU guys are using it so I want to try to make the site easy as possible.

We're also working on a notification system (like the updates/news/etc).

For the payment parts, we've ALWAYS taken this much (or more if the sale came through an affiliate link) but it was on top of your price. This made things very expensive and again, the way it worked made programming anything an utter nightmare. To adjust, increase your prices by 30% and you're good to go.

To be clear, standard payment through Payoneer is 100% free. You can request your payout anytime and you'll get paid within 2 weeks during our normal payment schedule. However, the 5% express fee comes into play if you want your money now. It's completely voluntary, and it's for your convenience. It's just like if you want a package sent FedEx overnight, you're going to pay extra for the convenience. Same with this.

And finally, we're tweaking the orders. On the performer page, we're going to make sure models who log in get re-ordered to the top of the list and what not. All I ask is to please be patient before you start judging.

justsometwat
11-11-2015, 06:05 AM
Thank you for responding to my questions earlier!

I hated the way the site looked before. I thought it was clunky and ugly and I still hate the way "customs" looks in the logo :P I had so much trouble figuring out what the link was to my page so I could market it to my customers. I also hated that your screenname didn't appear anywhere on the recent video page, so I knew there was no way people were buying my videos unless they already knew who I was.

My complaint now is that my gifs aren't uploading and all of the ones I had uploaded are missing and have been replaced. It's making it's own screenshots into gifs for all of my videos, the screenshots are pixelated and look terrible. I can see it's not just mine, so that sucks.

I also noticed that all of my videos are appearing, but the prices were what they were before. Example, I had a 10 minute video - I charge $9.99 for that so I would set my price at $6.99 and when your cut was put on top it totaled $9.99. The prices on my 10 minute videos show $6.99 which means I get around $4.69 now. I fixed over 250 videos to show the right price, but other people won't know that and they will end up having to fix all of their prices or get paid less.

I don't mind the fees to get paid on Payoneer, honestly. For instance, MGF charges $5 to take out the money on top of their service fee. Then you get no choice and it deposits immediately which was costs another $5, then you have to pay a small fee to use the money or much larger fees to withdraw it. Just getting the money was $10 and that is your only choice!

I hate that the similar clip section shows other models. I understand that it's better exposure for every model and I know I am not bringing in a lot of customers and likely I am depending on your top models to give me traffic, but I still don't like it. If someone wants a JOI video of mine and finds it, then sees similar clips and they aren't all of mine, then I probably just lost out on him buying several videos of mine.
That being said when I went and fixed my prices I took the time to add my new tags so my videos can be found easier and the similar clips are showing mostly my videos, but I think that's because of one specific tag that I used and the fact that I am probably the only person that added new tags to ALL of my videos.

I unpublished a few videos that I no longer want to sell, but I can't delete them and they are mixed in with active videos and I can't filter/sort on my clips page (in dashboard). You should be able to click the sections like name, price, active....date, etc to sort the items. I also hate it that so many sites do not let you delete videos. I want to be able to completely remove videos that I no longer want. It's good for you too, because I won't be using your servers to host a video that will never be sold again.

The publishing it annoying. I uploaded a video and waited for it to process, but it took a long time so I left the site and only remembered that it was there this morning, otherwise it never would have published. You should be able to set the publish date when initially uploading the video. Example, I want the video live ASAP so I upload it and select activate now, then it processes, and activates when it's done. OR I want it activated tomorrow at 3pm, so I select publish later and when it's done processing it will queue up for that time and auto-publish.

Obviously you've acknowledged this and are working in it, but yes there are too many steps.
I go to tags, I click Jerk Off Instructions it add it to a list to filter. I click show. It loads the featured models (not necessary and should be either removed or placed below the tag search results). I scroll down. It shows what tags I searched for and the models that match it. Personally, I think it should show videos that match that tag, not models. A model might have one video that has that tag and she shows in that list making it harder for the customer to find what they are looking for.