PDA

View Full Version : Question for WOC dancers

baby-cougar
10-19-2015, 08:07 PM
Where do you guys draw the line with exploiting racial fetishism? I know there's always always going to be a level of objectification in this industry but considering that racial hyper-sexualization directly contributes to sexual violence against women of color I'm always a little skeptical of going too far. I ask this question because I recently had a conversation with a coworker about why I turned down a customer for asking me to SUPER play-up being Asian (lmao whatever tf that means). I'm usually alright with letting it slide when customers have a huge case of yellow fever, but lately I've been getting some serious Mickey-Rooney-in-Breakfast-At-Tiffany's level of stereotyping. Is it because it's gonna be Halloween soon??

miss.a.p1600
10-19-2015, 11:25 PM
I think as long as guys don't say anything degrading or disrespectful then explore away.

Some guys say dumb things out of ignorance but they are open to learning. Other guys are complete ignorant douchbags and like to say crazy stuff because they get a thrill out of degrading certain types women.

I just think of myself a goddess and customers are in awe to be in my presence. If they're acting racist, I warn them to stfu and if they are really hateful, I just leave. I can't stand being around people with negative energy.

Thankfully I haven't had too much crazy stuff. It seems to me the guys with race fetishes are actually more accommodating than the typical customers.

and when you talk about sexual violence are you talking about speaking violently or being physically violent?

baby-cougar
10-20-2015, 12:34 AM
I think as long as guys don't say anything degrading or disrespectful then explore away.

I think you might have misunderstood me. I mean exploit - not explore. I'm not interested in exploring any kind of raceplay as it disgusts me but I've just learned to use it to my financial advantage to some degree. Just wondering where everyone else draws the line and how they deal with it.

And to specify, I mean physical violence. Many feminists have dissertated the high correlation between racist stereotypes and fetishization of Asian women and sexual violence against Asian women (this article (http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1138351) published in the Washington and Lee Journal of Civil Rights and Social Justice is a good place to start). This also affects Native and First Nations women (http://girlsglobe.org/2013/04/19/americas-dark-secret-violence-against-natives/), as well as black women (http://www.blackwomensblueprint.org/wp-content/uploads/SexualViolenceAgainstBlackWomen-BWB-FactSheet-6-11-15.pdf). Women of color are at elevated risk for sexual assault in general. lmk if you would like me to provide some examples. Some of these incidents can be pretty gnarly..

miss.a.p1600
10-20-2015, 08:31 AM
Perhaps. I do think there are loads of guys with race fetishes but a smaller percentage who are deviant and act violent even sexually towards the women.

There are deviant predator type dudes that think "I'd never assault someone of my own race but I'd abuse the heck out of a (insert minority race here) because they are subhuman to me" .... It's like the slavemasters back in the day who had fetishes for black or mixed race slaves, would stay raping them and impregnating them but would not see them as humans that had rights. And even Asians where men go after them specifically only to treat them like concubines.

It sucks people are like this but I haven't encountered much of this personally thank goodness. I find most people into race fetishes are more open minded and open to the woman being in control.

baby-cougar
10-20-2015, 09:10 AM
My experience has been mostly the opposite. Guys with yellow fever have been hands down the most invasive and disrespectful to me by far.

miss.a.p1600
10-20-2015, 09:50 AM
My experience has been mostly the opposite. Guys with yellow fever have been hands down the most invasive and disrespectful to me by far.

Well [email protected] Next time get gully with these characters. I have close family members who are Asian and female and they are some of the most dominate people I know. Lol! Those guys have probably watched one to many movies thinking all Asian woman are submissive then just go in for the kill being their regular douchbag selves. They may be secretly waiting for a woman like you to set their a$$ straight!

I might add, I used to be submissive most the time in my relationships with men. I think I am more on the submissive side by nature but I can tell when a guy is taking my kindness for weakness and shut it down. I think being submissive is okay only if you trust your partner not to physically/emotionally hurt you.

iamthefox
11-06-2015, 05:25 PM
I can see exactly what you're saying. In my experience, customers have always seemed a lot more likely to put their hands on poc dancers than white ones.

And Idk what's up with it, really. Tis the season for cultural appropriation?

chocolatebombshell
11-07-2015, 04:21 PM
I get it. There's been a few times where a customer wanted to do him as a slave owner Master and me the house slave. No thanks!

kortneykay
11-11-2015, 11:34 AM
I use it to my advantage. Honey can say whatever he wants as long as he's paying me by the second. When I work I'm a character, not myself. My alter ego has no fucks to give, no limits (with words, fantasies, etc) doesn't get offended unless my money is fucked with. Other than that, I let them say what they want, it doesn't penetrate, only the money does.

miss.a.p1600
11-11-2015, 11:40 AM
I get it. There's been a few times where a customer wanted to do him as a slave owner Master and me the house slave. No thanks!

I must be weird but i get turned on by the slave/slave master fantasy. Maybe because I have a submissive side and I know back in history some of the slaves, especially the house slaves, were secretly desired like the forbidden fruit. As long as I don't get called derogatory names I'm good.

Virgo22
12-08-2015, 12:10 PM
Yessssss!