PDA

View Full Version : Starting out with social media

BellaSinns
08-07-2016, 09:30 PM
I see a lot of girls making bank with their social media profiles. Not sure how much BS it is. I need to relaunch my social media and trying to figure out the best way to do it to maximize image and written content - not a lot of video.

Any advice?

IndieBill
08-08-2016, 03:07 PM
I may have a few advices to give, but could you develop on what you want to achieve because I'm not too sure what you mean by "maximizing image and written content".

Could you link toward your "old" social media accounts as well? So to see how you were handling things before and what you may do in a better way.

BellaSinns
08-09-2016, 06:12 PM
So I used to cam but really need to not do that anymore. Or have a connection to my new venture. I can 'kinda' divert some traffic from small existing social presence, but not enough to matter which is why I'm treating this brand new. Using my writing, some work with a 3d artist, and my own photos to create something cool, sexy, and fun.

IndieBill
08-11-2016, 06:39 AM
Ok, I'm not too sure what exactly you want to advertise but from my understanding it's 3D sexy content with some story telling as well. If you have more specifics I may be able to give you a few more useful things. I'm not too sure how you used to manage your social media either so here are some general advices that I hope you'll find useful:

- If you want to acquire traffic & returning visitors through social media, I'd recommend using adapted tools first of all so that it helps you understand what's going on / what's working & what's not / how much benefits you're getting out of your various efforts so that you can focus on what's best.

In particular I'd recommend using Buffer (and not being afraid of paying for it) as they get everything done nicely in one place for the main social media, with features to save you time, optimize posting & analytics.

When it comes to analytics, you should pay much attention to avoid "vanity metrics": often time when people manage social media accounts, they focus on metrics such as followers / likes, it makes them feel good as they see those numbers growing but the truth is it's worthless on its ow

- If you want to learn more about general strategies, when to post, examples of successful tactics etc. I'd also recommend reading Buffer's blog: https://blog.bufferapp.com/. They've got a great reputation, and as far as I know it is deserved.

- One thing that Buffer is not going to help you with but imho is very important: you should search for accounts which promotes the kind of content which you're making. Promoters are often looking for more content to post and already have an interested audience looking at it, so you can give them things to post and piggyback on their audience - it's mutually beneficial.

I know there are products designed specifically for finding accounts like those, however I don't recall the names because we've developed our own solution for Twitter (and don't manage any other social media). Google should help you, or you can also get started with the advanced search from the social media (Twitter has got a rather good advanced search for example).

I hope you'll find those advices useful, nothing extraordinary but imho it is helpful to have it in mind. Don't look at our Twitter account to know if it works, we haven't really started social media marketing yet (very time consuming).

I wish you a great day,
Gérald from IndieBill

BellaSinns
08-11-2016, 03:58 PM
Thank you IndieBill! Erotica and 3dx adult comics yes. Also images of myself since I'm not too bad to look at ;) So a main blog then tumblr, instagram, snapchat, twitter?

IndieBill
08-11-2016, 08:22 PM
Thank you IndieBill! Erotica and 3dx adult comics yes. Also images of myself since I'm not too bad to look at ;) So a main blog then tumblr, instagram, snapchat, twitter?

I'm not too sure mixing content (3D + you) is a good idea: that could be confusing for your audience, I'd think they're likely to want to see one or the other but not both.

As for starting a blog + instragram + snapchat + twitter at the same time, that sounds like a huge workload to me - especially if you want to learn and improve at the same time.

I'd suggest starting with 1 - 2 media instead of 4 at once so you don't divert your focus and can learn better how to manage those before getting more on your plate.

Of course, that's only my opinion and I don't mean to tell you how to run the show / what you can handle or not.