PDA

View Full Version : What am I missing to make it with Clips4Sale?

AngelaMoore64
10-01-2016, 03:30 PM
deleted

Classy_Katy
10-02-2016, 03:54 AM
Hi, if you can post a link to your store, we might be able to help some more...otherwise I can only think that the problem is with the categories that you're choosing. Either those categories are really right for you or they're very busy, which makes it harder to make an impact.

sexysusie
10-02-2016, 06:16 AM
Thanking just to give you hugs. Don't give up. C4S can be hard to crack but once it gets going it's great x

JackAlexander
10-02-2016, 07:18 AM
What marketing efforts have you employed thus far?

I would also interact on the fetish forums/blogs for your niche to understand your customers more and make a trusted name for yourself.

AngelaMoore64
10-02-2016, 07:45 AM
deleted

AngelaMoore64
10-02-2016, 07:50 AM
deleted

sexysusie
10-02-2016, 11:13 AM
Just interact and get involved on threads that interest you. Don't directly try to advertise. Most forums though are happy for you to have your websute/clipsite in your signature so definitely have that. And some have areas specifically where you can advertise. A forum I used to use that brought me heaps of traffic, I would post pictures and gifs and a description each time I had a new clip. I'd link to the video page and invite questions, feedback etc. 9 times out of 10 guys would come back to the thread and give good feedback which would then create a buzz and encourage others to buy. Plus you're leaving keywords around the net then which get picked up by the search engines. Never underestimate the value of forums for (indirect) advertising :)

AngelaMoore64
10-02-2016, 05:41 PM
deleted

Sinna (2pee4you)
10-03-2016, 09:08 AM
From what I "feel", you color scheme is a bit "shy". It doesn't stick out to me, it's so soft, almost bland. I don't know if it's an issue - do you know your bounce rate? In google analytics.

Then, when I turn on infinity scroll and I scroll through your store, like customers also could be doing, I notice, in August, your bedsheet is always the same and there is a certain amount of backgrounds where you shoot / camera angles.

Like the one with the door in the background or the one on the bed. I often find myself in a similar situation because after I film a clip, I think about a new clip and then film that as well - which leads to me having the same background + even same clothes in two clips. It often happens when you film several clips in one day / in a row.

I would try to mix it up. You can still film several clips with the same background and clothing, but try to post them weeks apart so they are not next to each other in your store. I would change the bedsheets more often.

That's only for August. I like your store for July, where you didn't post three versions in a row. Try using display order numbers if you use several versions (http://adult-income.com/clips4sale-guide-for-newcomers/#display_order)

A similar "trick" can be the distance to the camera. I didn't watch your clips, but my feeling was that when you film a clip, you more or less remain in the same distance. To create some dynamic, you could try to get very close to the cam and then further away again while you film a clip. Like you show your navel very very close, then go back onto the bed for some belly play in full view, then come back close etc.

You could also mix in a handheld clip, where you hold the camera in your hand and film (e.g. your belly).

Also, I don't want to be offensive, but recently the studio http://clips4sale.com/studio/106888/Carmen-LaFox-Clipstore showed how you can go straight to the toplist with belly / clothes not fitting anymore clips. Her trick seems to be, and I am astonished that it works so well, that the ratio of her previews is off, making her belly look very wide.

But even then, you have a lovely belly and belly fetishists love to pay for nice clips.

As a basic rule, it's often not enough to show something, but to sexualize it is key. If you show your belly and navel, that can be a good clip for some customers. If you show your belly and navel, rub them, moan, say how it feels good when you touch your belly, that it arouses you when you enter your navel with your finger, that you like soft strokes or when someone really grabs your belly during sex.. stuff that customers would want to do in a sexual way, that often is more interesting than just showing / talking about the "keyword". Fetish is often about sexual arousal, keep that in the back of your head. Many models show their navel, tongue, eyes, hair and hope to make huge sales, but it's just half the experience. Talk about what you find exciting, arousing, sexual.. what those bodyparts mean to you during sex / masturbation.. how touching those or looking at those or integrating those in sexual play would enhance that sex / sexual play for you.

I admire your updating. Please keep active and keep updating. It can be easy to get demotivated when sales don't change, but sometimes we don't do anything wrong, we just need to keep doing it for a while until it takes effect.

If you ever focus on certain categories, it might be good to add that to your store name. Fetish is very general. Angelas mouth and anal emporium would contain two keywords. I don't know what you are up to though.
You could also add 1-2 pics to your store, so viewers / mobile viewers immediately have something "on" their eyes that keeps them occupied for just that second to stop and not close the page. Could increase interest in your store.

Don't be hesitant to increase the length of your descriptions.

I wish you all the best! :)

Classy_Katy
10-03-2016, 10:17 AM
I think it helps too to make use of "featured clips"...it looks good next to list of top selling clips and can increase sales (I've just noticed mine needs updating and it's not showing all my clips to choose from!). Also, adding some information about yourself and or contact details that will appear beneath your store name, is a good idea (top text).

JackAlexander
10-03-2016, 11:16 AM
Just interact and get involved on threads that interest you. Don't directly try to advertise. Most forums though are happy for you to have your websute/clipsite in your signature so definitely have that. And some have areas specifically where you can advertise. A forum I used to use that brought me heaps of traffic, I would post pictures and gifs and a description each time I had a new clip. I'd link to the video page and invite questions, feedback etc. 9 times out of 10 guys would come back to the thread and give good feedback which would then create a buzz and encourage others to buy. Plus you're leaving keywords around the net then which get picked up by the search engines. Never underestimate the value of forums for (indirect) advertising :)

This! :-) Branding yourself will set you apart.

I am not uber savvy on the digital marketing, but know that there are several techniques. If I were you I would look at the threads/comments of ladies who know about digital marketing on this forum (PhatGirlDynomite!!! off the top of my head, I think ChristyLive, IvyRose) and look at the marketing threads on SW and grab the nuggets, they are gold.

It seems like you have done everything else and I feel like if you can wrestle the digital marketing you will explode :-)

AngelaMoore64
10-03-2016, 09:08 PM
deleted

AngelaMoore64
10-03-2016, 09:24 PM
deleted

Classy_Katy
10-03-2016, 11:28 PM
I always forget about featured clips! haha I've left my contact information at the top of my store before and received a lot of spam. I switched to only putting my information at the end of clips and have been doing a lot better that way in my opinion.

Maybe try putting some information about yourself as a kind of introduction so they get to know more about you and what you do. Then it's not just a blank space either.

Missjayne77
10-04-2016, 03:01 PM
My only 2 cents is to brunch out to more categories. On my first scroll, I noticed that there is a lot of yawning clips, and lots of clips in the same categories, if you do too many, you flood the category and they don't sell anymore. A lot of the categories you sell in are what I would call "baby" categories, they aren't high money earners. Don't get me wrong, they sell, but there isn't a lot of money to get into the the top 10.

AngelaMoore64
10-04-2016, 03:41 PM
deleted

Missjayne77
10-04-2016, 04:55 PM
That is something you need to work out for yourself, everyone has success in different places. I know that to get into the taboo top 50, you need to earn well over $200 a day... Hard to break into, but once you are there it's a HUGE money earner. Thats only one category of hundreds. Have you read Sinna's guide? Click on her banner in her sig.

Classy_Katy
10-04-2016, 11:35 PM
The demand for clips varies a lot across the different categories...if the is only so much demand for a particular fetish, there's only so much you're going to make no matter how popular you are in that fetish. If you're lucky, you'll find a category that has more demand than other studios realise.

Sinna (2pee4you)
10-05-2016, 11:14 AM
Haha WOW why didn't I even think of that?! Thank you so much for the recommendation. I'm going to think of different colors to use for my store now.

Looks good now. More contrast. If you know your bounce rate, you can check if that goes up or down now.

I'm not sure how that would be offensive, but don't worry it wasn't :) Would you happen to have an idea of how she sets off the ratio?

I guess by saying that, it was more offensive than had I not said it like that. What I mean is that belly clips sell very well if you indeed have some kind of a belly. Most women don't like to hear that.

She set off the ratio by just using any program and entering a "wrong" ratio. e.g. instead of 400 * 225 she put in 400 * 100. The max a preview pic / gif on c4s can have is 400 * 400.

There is a whole guide to gif / preview animations on adult-income, but it's in the "dark room" (new paid section of the site) because I show personal details there that I don't to be publicly accessible, because you never know who is visiting.

I'm really bad at writing descriptions. I have no idea what to say. I think clips are pretty self explanatory and I can't elaborate on them. It feels like I'm back in high school trying to bull shit an essay in 30 minutes lol Any advice/threads you've seen on how to write more when I'm stuck?

Yes, there is a link to writing descriptions in one of my guides. Here is the direct link to that section: http://adult-income.com/clips4sale-guide-for-newcomers/#description

Have you noticed any changes yet? I would love to hear that.

That is something you need to work out for yourself, everyone has success in different places. I know that to get into the taboo top 50, you need to earn well over $200 a day... Hard to break into, but once you are there it's a HUGE money earner. Thats only one category of hundreds. Have you read Sinna's guide? Click on her banner in her sig.

$200 a day is a bit too high. I have been around #25 in taboo with my other store and I think I made about $400 total in #taboo over the past 7 days (which is what the toplist is based on). That was about 2 months ago. It didn't help a lot with sales though. In my opinion, entering the top 5 or even top 3 of a category is when you really notice it.

AngelaMoore64
10-06-2016, 02:32 PM
deleted

EllieGold
10-07-2016, 06:15 PM
The thing about Clips4sale is that it's sometimes inconsistent. For example, I've had months where I earn near 1k lazily uploading and other months where I'm up until 3am filming & uploading and earn much less. This month I'm trying harder but see 3x less sales so far. This is something to get used to with Clips4sale. It's so up/down/up/down that you can't really predict much. I've been there since Summer of 2013. It took me 2 years to finally reach 4 figures monthly but I was also very serious about becoming a higher earner. I would spent hours upon hours of studying, reading, learning and practicing my craft.

I would often be seen up until 2am working on my store and getting back up around 7am to take care of my children. I did this after my infant daughter was born last year. (I was crazy, seriously, I worked really hard). It takes true dedication to see some figures that's for sure. I have burnt myself out so many times I've lost count. It's sheer exhausting running a clipstore. If you treat it like a business, you will start to climb. Good luck!

sexysusie
10-08-2016, 07:02 AM
Wouldn't posting my gifs and links be advertising? I'm sorry I'm a little confused.

Yes, sorry I should have made it clearer. Some forums will NOT allow any form of direct advertising (but you can usually still have your link in your signature). In these places just interact on threads, talk about stuff that interests you, get involved. People will take note of your name and your link and they'll go find you. Other forums DO allow some advertising in the form of specific self promo areas. The forum I mentioned was one of these. Anyone and everyone could post a thread in this promo area. Most would just try to sell but I'd put some pictures up and a gift and say how excited I was that I'd made this awesome clip I was so proud of, I'd made it with my new camera, I'd tried out some new angles and felt like my skills were really improving etc. Guys would always get involved then cause they felt like they were being invited into my life, and my clips were actually part of my own fetish, like documenting my journey.

Having a name you use on all clip sites can be really useful as either or without direct advertising, guys will look for you once they've noticed you on a forum x

caramelcraze
10-20-2016, 05:11 PM
Try uploading in 2 formats so you can hit two categories. Like your most recent clip would do well in "brat girls"

Sinna (2pee4you)
10-21-2016, 04:04 AM
At this moment, it looks like Angela has given up.

caramelcraze
10-21-2016, 07:58 PM
At this moment, it looks like Angela has given up.

To be fair, life gets in the way for all of us at some point.

Great pointer on the color scheme btw Sinna! I changed mine a couple years ago and my sales went up dramatically, so I'm definitely a believer in great color choices!