PDA

View Full Version : General Club Questions

James4321
11-30-2016, 09:08 PM
Greetings all,

I was just wondering what qualities make a club good to work at? Of course a clean club with solid staff and respectful patrons with $$ is preferable, but what else? Do you care if the club is big or small? Do you prefer topless only or are you indifferent to club type (e.g. topless vs nude)?

Thanks very much for your responses!

James4321
12-02-2016, 04:53 PM
Allow me to take a stab:

1) minimal payout to the house
2) minimal or no tip out to staff (you keep most all of what you earn)
3) flexible scheduling

what else?

whirlerz
12-02-2016, 05:21 PM
Respectful/helpful staff.
Nice atmosphere
good advertisiing to bring in cust
lockers

Gia2608
12-02-2016, 10:13 PM
I do not care if a club is topless or nude. Fully nude doesn't bother me. I also don't mind tipping staff if they actually deserve it (hosts, DJ's house mom, security- etc.); I would rather pay them then the house because they make money off drinks and cover and room sales anyway. I prefer a club that does not allow smoking indoors- it's just gross. I also prefer a club NOT have the pussy parade bullshit but it's not so bad if it's only once or twice per shift.

Prefer minimal feature entertainers- a few times a month is ok. Every weekend is redundant.

James4321
12-05-2016, 01:37 PM
Yeah I would think it's no fun to compete with / lose stage time to feature entertainers. I think the majority of dancers and patrons don't want smoking indoors.

As for the pussy parade, I'm not sure why some clubs do that. Doesn't seem like it's necessary.

Fatima88
12-06-2016, 02:27 PM
I do not care if a club is topless or nude. Fully nude doesn't bother me. I also don't mind tipping staff if they actually deserve it (hosts, DJ's house mom, security- etc.); I would rather pay them then the house because they make money off drinks and cover and room sales anyway. I prefer a club that does not allow smoking indoors- it's just gross. I also prefer a club NOT have the pussy parade bullshit but it's not so bad if it's only once or twice per shift.

Prefer minimal feature entertainers- a few times a month is ok. Every weekend is redundant.

What do you mean by 'pussy parade'?

Djoser
12-06-2016, 04:04 PM
'Roll Call', the (generally hated) parade of all dancers working the club that night. Not always a bad thing, except when the clubs use it to sell T-shirts. And usually those clubs do it multiple times a night, which REALLY sucks...

James4321
12-07-2016, 04:09 PM
I thought the pussy parade was more to showcase the dancers on shift rather than to sell a few lousy T shirts. In any event, it would seem to be an annoyance to the dancers on the floor in the middle of their sales pitches to customers. I'm in TX and I don't think I've ever seen the clubs do that here.

LegoMoney
12-07-2016, 05:17 PM
I don't mind tipping staff as long as they aren't aggressive about it and actually deserve it. But, be reasonable. I get annoyed when I have to tip the DJ, 2 floor hosts, security, a bartender, the dude who cleans up your money (when I work urban), a house mom, and still pay house. At a certain point, it feels like you're covering the club's payroll.

Have reasonable house fees. I don't like clubs that offer dumb specials. Ex. 2 for 1 dances, buy one get one free dances. I feel like it encourages cheapness and haggling. It's my body, and managers shouldn't be able to hand out coupons for it. Having a host that counts the dances that I do-Something I don't like. I know that's the norm most places, but I've never stayed long at clubs that operate like this. RIDICULOUS VIP room splits. I once worked at a club with like a 40% dancer/60% house split. Did a $500 room, and walked away with like $230. Fuck that.

Playing favorites among the dancers-If she's an extras girl, starts drama and fights, can't hold her liquor, doesn't work complete shifts, she needs to be fired. I don't care if she's your cousin's girlfriend or you're fucking her after hours or whatever.

Things I super-like: No schedules. And clubs that allow me to show up super late to work as long as I agree to pay a higher house fee. Flexibility is a huge perk in a strip club.

James4321
12-08-2016, 10:51 AM
Lego you're the best.

I would think the less staff the better. DJ, hosts, security, bartender, house mom, etc = too many damn mouths to feed.

And I don't understand why clubs offer coupons, specials, etc. If you need a discount then you have no $ and probably shouldn't be in a strip club. I refuse to go to a club with a cheap ass. I can only imagine how bad it is for the dancers when some cheap bastard expects special attention for a lousy dollar.

Playing favorites is obviously bullshit but I'm sure the hottest girls / or girls with connections to management can unfortunately get away with more crap.

James4321
12-16-2016, 02:51 PM
Another question: generally speaking, are you (dancers) more comfortable with female staff / management (i.e. house mom) than with male staff?

James4321
12-20-2016, 03:51 PM
I think Mons Venus is known for this but I was just wondering if its beneficial. Are (male) bouncers/security really necessary to keep things in order?

James4321
01-02-2017, 01:10 PM
My preference is to eliminate redundancy...I don'y see a need to have a mgr, bouncer/security, floor host, etc. I would think this would be possible for a smaller club.

Gia2608
01-02-2017, 04:49 PM
I would never ever work at a club without bouncers and I have worked at some real shit holes. Fuck that. I am not getting raped or beat up by a man because the owner doesn't respect his dancers enough to pay a doorman. Even regular bars have bouncers.

A "floor host" is more for an upscale club that does a lot of room sales and has a VIP crowd

James4321
01-03-2017, 12:58 PM
Gotcha Gia - I meant I'd rather combine mgr, bouncer, security, host into 1 or 2 people if possible (smallish club). Security of the entertainers is obviously paramount and I would spare no expense for them but I don't want a steroid-fueled dick intimidating any customers.

James4321
01-03-2017, 01:01 PM
Feeding into another point, it's so tiresome when dancers (and staff) don't respect customers and idiot customers don't respect dancers. I just want a place where everyone is respected, the club/dancers make plenty of $, and customers have a great time.

emma383
01-03-2017, 01:50 PM
Feeding into another point, it's so tiresome when dancers (and staff) don't respect customers and idiot customers don't respect dancers. I just want a place where everyone is respected, the club/dancers make plenty of $, and customers have a great time.

lol! So not a dancer but I love it, when random post pop up w/so called customers and their empathy for dancers. I'm dying to see which dancer is going to tell you the truth first James.. hope you can take it.

LegoMoney
01-03-2017, 03:27 PM
Gotcha Gia - I meant I'd rather combine mgr, bouncer, security, host into 1 or 2 people if possible (smallish club). Security of the entertainers is obviously paramount and I would spare no expense for them but I don't want a steroid-fueled dick intimidating any customers.

You can do this. I worked at a smallish club where the bouncer also handled VIP room sales thus also acting as the floor host. I'd keep the manager as just the manager. I feel like the manager is always running around handling financial stuff or doing "work" in his office. Now that I think of it, I've never been sure what exactly he was working on. Lol He's had to jump in and help the bouncer/host during rare especially rowdy occurances. So, yeah.... You could totally do that.

miss.a.p1600
01-03-2017, 09:47 PM
Another question: generally speaking, are you (dancers) more comfortable with female staff / management (i.e. house mom) than with male staff?

Yes I like to see women as staff and management. Evens out the testosterone and can have someone to relate to women's issues. The club here had a female manager. She was somewhat on the masculine side but she was cool.

Having professional staff members and managers. Know what they're doing, follow protocol, never try to cross boundaries, handle issues promptly and fairly

Flexible schedule

Reasonable fees - 40% or less

Clean and well kept club (inside and out)

Top notch Security - such as Video Surveillance, search incoming customers for weapons, kick out unsavory club patrons

Skilled DJ's - must be familiar with numerous genres and play good music

High Tech - equipment must be up to date

Hire marketing promoting team to build customer base regularly so no dead ass shifts ever.

James4321
01-04-2017, 09:35 AM
lol! So not a dancer but I love it, when random post pop up w/so called customers and their empathy for dancers. I'm dying to see which dancer is going to tell you the truth first James.. hope you can take it.

I hear you emma but I still think respect is something to strive for

James4321
01-20-2017, 01:20 PM
What about dressing room needs? Someone mentioned lockers (earlier in the thread) which sounds like a good idea, but what else? Security cameras in the dressing room seems too invasive, but are dressing room cameras necessary to safeguard against theft?

James4321
01-25-2017, 09:37 AM
And another thing, is it a deal-breaker if the dressing room doesn't have a bathroom?

22lligm
01-25-2017, 09:43 AM
Why are you asking all these questions lol are you trying to open your own club?

James4321
01-25-2017, 12:49 PM
Why are you asking all these questions lol are you trying to open your own club?

Yes. Any and all help is appreciated

James4321
01-31-2017, 03:53 PM
I was just wondering if it is a major pain in the ass for dancers to use the general (only) bathroom that they share with female custies

Lotus tx
08-09-2018, 12:29 AM
The club I work at in North Houston is known The Classy Houston upscale high-end Club in Houston. Of course, the type of client the club is targeting helps. The club I work at is less than 5 miles from Houston Intercontinental Airport, so we get a lot of business men that are either flying in and stopping by for a fun night or stopping by to have some fun before they catch their flight. This club has a helicopter pad on the property so private customers to fly in and out, we have an outdoor pool, we also have showers that you can dance in. The club offers a complete Car Wash and hand wax and detail of your car wow you're in the club. The food is five star and being out side of the city limits of Houston, you can smoke cigars which they offer a huge variety of. The whole atmosphere of the club is very upscale. With the client comes in for a night, he's giving the five-star treatment. That's what an upscale Club does for the customer. As far as for the girls, we're allowed to take breaks, we have a full dressing room with lockers and bathrooms. The club is cleaned buy a cleaning crew each night. From the customers point of view, it's a five-star Club, from the dancers point of view, is a nice quality place to work.

And as with all clubs, this club is not immune, even though management has strict rules against it, you still have the drugs. You have girls doing it, selling it and buying it. You still have guys that get drunk and act stupid. And you still have girls that either show up drunk or get drunk while on shift and act stupid. Those are things you're going to have regardless of the quality of Club.