PDA

View Full Version : Boyfriend Bouncers

North
01-13-2017, 11:45 AM
First time visiting this club and I knew it was going to be small and not the greatest but I was visiting someone at their new club. The club doesnít have an official bouncer so some of the dancerís boyfriends will act in that capacity unofficially. Itís pretty obvious whoís with who since after the dancer finishes their dollar parade they sit next to them at the bar and the boyfriend never tips anyone or drinks. Ok I totally agree they need someone to look after them but im just not going to buy dances from them. One dancer that had her boyfriend bouncer there was really sweet and I would have bought dances if there was not another pair of eyes staring at me. Itís just weird to me and there is real potential for the situation to go bad. Itís also probably best to not to explain why if she asks for a dance and just say no, again it can only go bad but I hope they figure out on their own its keeping money out of their pocket.

SuperJa
01-13-2017, 04:56 PM
I don't think having one's boyfriend at the club is a great idea in any capacity- it WILL end up hurting your money even if he doesn't get weird, cause you'll sit with him too much etc.

But beyond that, having a club "missing" staff is a HUGE red flag to me of bad club. Like if you're checking out a club to work at and they have a spot for coat check but no girl working it, no security or only 1 bouncer for a club large enough to warrant 10, or guys having to get their own drinks from the bar... or worst case I have seen, the manager is covering multiple staff positions, like they don't have a bartender so he's serving drinks? Definitely not a place I would consider working. Normally strip clubs have no problems having support staff because they are generally well-tipped by the patrons and the dancers. If they are missing it's not a good sign about the club's money.

Back to the point of your post though- yeah you're not under any obligation to go for dances with any particular dancer, or to give a reason. Like most customers are aware that the dancer is going home to her boyfriend and the club isn't her real life etc but in the club she should at least make an attempt to play along with the fantasy if she's planning on making money.

DamnJolene
01-13-2017, 05:12 PM
I will never have personal people in the club....

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/e1/87/63/e1876312fc33f408debd6d337257df97.gif

DeathAndTaxes
01-13-2017, 05:16 PM
I don't think having one's boyfriend at the club is a great idea in any capacity- it WILL end up hurting your money even if he doesn't get weird, cause you'll sit with him too much etc.

Maybe I would not call myself the "boyfriend", but I could really help a friend, I would be the wingman.

Just picture this

- its very very slow and I left the card/cash at home
- I sit there chatting with my friends
- A new customer comes in
- I ask him to sit in the middle and join the chat
- Girls do their thing and offer VIP
- I act all offended that they are ignoring me, and that they did not offer me a VIP.
- If he keeps resisting, I scoff and tell him they don't really mean it, and are just being nice.

I do all the work, I am the one potentially "rejected". It would be a double whammy of also getting a win over the social douchebag, it would be hilarious.

North
01-14-2017, 08:46 AM
Yeah it was definitely seedier than I’m used to, boobs were in play in the LD room and I was warned if I took some of the other girls back to expect more.

slowpoke
01-14-2017, 08:52 AM
No matter what business you are in, you should not have friends or relatives socializing with you at work.

We had a rabbit like you
01-14-2017, 08:56 AM
Ok I've worked in some dumps before but jesus h Christ on a cracker that's just beyond...find a new club

rickdugan
01-17-2017, 06:39 AM
That's a train wreck waiting to happen.

For starters, every time I see a boyfriend type hanging out in the club for an extended length of time (beyond pickup and drop-off) I think "pimp." I don't think that a truly normal boyfriend could stand to sit in a club and watch the love of his life interact with other guys in those ways (naked, flirty, contact dances, etc.). You'd think that he'd want to be doing something more useful with his time, like working his own job instead of watching her do hers. Further, a lot of customers don't like it either and won't spend on a girl with a male hanger-on ITC, so not only is he not out there doing something productive like earning his own money, but he is hurting hers too.

But beyond the weirdness of it, there are too many ways that having BFs serve as defacto bouncers could go wrong quickly. A good bouncer understands that handling a situation poorly can have serious consequences for himself and the club. Some goofball sitting on his ass for hours watching his GF dance for and on other guys probably isn't going to have the same perspective or self control.

I agree with others who said that if a club cannot even keep its own security then there is a real problem. Shit, plenty of these guys work for next to nothing just to earn the tips or hang out in the club environment. Many of the better clubs also have policies against BFs and "drivers" (*wink wink*) hanging out ITC in order to keep out pimps and emotional SOs. To actually hear about a club relying upon these male companions for security just boggles the mind.

BobbleHead
01-17-2017, 11:32 AM
Maybe I would not call myself the "boyfriend", but I could really help a friend, I would be the wingman.

Just picture this

- its very very slow and I left the card/cash at home
- I sit there chatting with my friends
- A new customer comes in
- I ask him to sit in the middle and join the chat
- Girls do their thing and offer VIP
- I act all offended that they are ignoring me, and that they did not offer me a VIP.
- If he keeps resisting, I scoff and tell him they don't really mean it, and are just being nice.

I do all the work, I am the one potentially "rejected". It would be a double whammy of also getting a win over the social douchebag, it would be hilarious.

I have no idea what any of this means. Are you talking about helping a dancer hustle by acting like a rejected customer? If so, no. If I walk into a club and some random dude start chatting me up and asks me to join him (or his group) I'd be so creeped out I'd probably turn around and leave.

ShyStripper
01-21-2017, 01:21 PM
I've worked at clubs where boyfriends were specifically banned. Too much drama, and not good for money

North
01-22-2017, 06:53 PM
Went back on a different night with more people in the club. This time the two dancers w/ the ‘boyfriends’ were not there but the place still did not have a bouncer. Asked my former fav about the two guys that were there before hand but even though she knows everything about everyone she acted like she did not know. She is very good about staying out of drama and knows when not to say something. She only said about not having a bouncer is that ‘they have ways of taking care of it’, whatever that means. Good point above about possible pimps and not boyfriends.

tempest666
01-23-2017, 04:06 PM
I've been guilty of this a few times but not too often. Overall I agree it's not a good idea.

Golden_Rule
01-28-2017, 01:28 PM
That's a train wreck waiting to happen.

Totally agree. That and then some. At the parties now or back when I was a kid managing in small clubs, if a dancer showed up with her boyfriend in tow he left shortly thereafter or they both left.

That's just crazy bad form and trouble just waiting to happen.

Golden_Rule
01-28-2017, 01:29 PM
I've been guilty of this a few times but not too often. Overall I agree it's not a good idea.

HELLO! Missed seeing you about, online or otherwise. I trust your holiday was fabulous. How have you been?