PDA

View Full Version : I have a problem

lixxxylilac
07-03-2017, 05:19 PM
I'm trying to get started camming but I don't have ANY photo ID D;

It seems like every site needs it. Anyone know any that doesn't?

whirlerz
07-03-2017, 06:30 PM
No. You need to identify yourself, by law the cam co must prove & keep records showing all models are of legal age or they get in BIG trouble..
Get an ID & you're good.
You would'nt want to for a co. that doesn't have that
Also, check out the Camming Connection section
Good luck

eagle2
07-03-2017, 08:24 PM
It's not illegal to not have a photo ID in the US and many people don't. It's still a good idea to get one. If you're able to get a driver's license, it's a good idea to have that too.

Morrigan
07-03-2017, 09:31 PM
state or DL both work, but to be honest its the best and easiest way that they or any employer can have verification of who you are and proof of age etc as to also protect their own asses for legal liability and insurance reasons

Sam38g
07-03-2017, 09:49 PM
Many people DO have a Gov issued ID. About 8 to 11% of Americans over the age of 18 don't.
You need a Gov ID to cash a check, rent an apartment, most jobs require one.

I don't know your circumstances, but getting an ID will help make life easier.

NO cam company will let you earn money with out an ID, it is a Federal Law in the U.S. that all cam companies even ones over seas abide by.

PinkPopcorn
07-04-2017, 06:26 AM
You need a Gov ID to cash a check...

You need an ID to open a bank account, too. And frankly, as another lady said, who wants to work for a cam site that doesn't even verify that their models are 18+? If they're that shady on the law, they're probably going to be even more shady when it comes to paying you.

Getting a photo ID is very easy in America if you're a U.S. resident. You go to the DMV with a few proofs of residence (bills, any mail with your name), your social security number & your birth certificate (there are other options as well; these are just the most common). They WANT you to be able to function properly in society, so it's not a very big hassle to get one (your state should have a website that details what you need to bring with you). I believe they even have programs that will cover the cost of the I.D. ($50?) if you are low income.

Also, just to add on to what Sam said about even companies overseas I.D. their models despite possibly different laws, yeah: it's true. I am not even sure if U.S. girls would be allowed to work on a site with models who aren't 18+ (even if they themselves are 18+), sounds like a very slippery, dangerous, not worth it slope.

lixxxylilac
07-04-2017, 08:14 AM
I'm in the UK. Many places are flexible with what form the ID takes when you register with them (not on about cam sites here) so I've been able to get by with things like my birth certificate and deed poll, bank card etc. Photo ID costs a lot and takes a long time to arrive. By its nature you're probably doing sex work because you need money so I haven't been able to afford ID, but now I've ordered it, it could take months...

Sam38g
07-04-2017, 08:25 AM
Photo ID is a must. Otherwise they don't know if you are that person or not & can be underage. If you are underage, then this is not the way go go.

whirlerz
07-04-2017, 09:26 AM
Well, when you get it, you'll have it so..

PinkPopcorn
07-04-2017, 10:22 AM
I'm in the UK. Many places are flexible with what form the ID takes when you register with them (not on about cam sites here) so I've been able to get by with things like my birth certificate and deed poll, bank card etc. Photo ID costs a lot and takes a long time to arrive. By its nature you're probably doing sex work because you need money so I haven't been able to afford ID, but now I've ordered it, it could take months...

The application process begins when we receive your completed application at our office and is subject to verification checks. Standard applications cost 15 and can take up to 21 days. Urgent applications cost 30 and take 1-2 working days.

---
I wouldn't worry about it, it's only up to 21 days, you'll probably get it in a week or two. You might want to try some other work too if you're in a super pinch. Stripping? idk your situation; just a thought.

justsometwat
07-04-2017, 12:03 PM
By its nature you're probably doing sex work because you need money

Uh, no? I do it and started doing it because I enjoyed the idea of being my own boss with unlimited potential for money. I think many if not most are sex workers for their independence.

sexysusie
07-04-2017, 04:41 PM

Both passport and driving license have a photo. It only took a few days to get my passport last time I renewed x

Classy_Katy
07-04-2017, 10:15 PM

A provisional driving licence costs 34 and doesn't take long to arrive.

We all work because we need money but this type of work has a lot of benefits rather than being only a last resort.