PDA

View Full Version : What is your MUST HAVE Clip Production/Compression Software?

LetsGetHazey
09-19-2017, 10:11 AM
Hi! I've searched the forums, but haven't found anything specifically about software for clip production, so I hope clip producers can chime in with their insight:)

I'm personally a Mac user, but have Windows too it's just an older machine.
I love using iMovie and haven't really played with any other program because I like the ease of use and don't do much aside from watermarking.

I personally prefer to do 1080p clips and record My cam shows because I'm sick of freeloaders recording them for Me, but have run into an issue: EVERYTHING IS TOO BIG TO UPLOAD!

I've found I can use My Windows PC to compress using clip champ, but recently when I tried to do it using My Mac, a 59 minute video was cut to 23 minutes. It took 12 hours just to process not including moving the files over to both machines...

I'm on tons of sites but since most sites with major traffic have a 2GB limit (some even lower!) and according to My custies they don't like big files either, I need some serious help! I see tons of girls with HD, VR, rarely even 4k over 30mins and I figure there has to be a way!

What is your go to clip compression software? Ideally I'm looking for something with a free trial to make sure it's easy to use and compatible before throwing money at the problem unless anyone has anything they HIGHLY recommend that saved their life.

Recommendations for any must have editing software?

Sam38g
09-19-2017, 06:00 PM
Adjust your bit rate down for smaller files when you render them out.

Otherwise avs4you.com has a free video converter program that can do it for you & have it in several different formats too.

Sam38g
09-19-2017, 06:03 PM
http://ask.metafilter.com/118235/How-to-reduce-the-filesize-of-iMovie-exports

LolaLu
09-23-2017, 12:52 AM
Can I jump on this....Sam, when you adjust the bit rate does that affect the quality? I use AVS4u and it takes 5 or 6 hours to render a 10min clip into HD from HD so I'm sure something isn't right but can't figure out what.

Sam38g
09-24-2017, 12:58 AM
Can I jump on this....Sam, when you adjust the bit rate does that affect the quality? I use AVS4u and it takes 5 or 6 hours to render a 10min clip into HD from HD so I'm sure something isn't right but can't figure out what.

It should not take that long but are you rendering from the Editing program or the Video converter?
What format are you choosing to render out in?

LolaLu
09-24-2017, 01:27 AM
I only have the editing program so render from that. I tend to render out in mp4.