PDA

View Full Version : Bartender or Stripper ?

Syldana
04-03-2018, 10:37 PM
Hey ladies
Iím currently in a dilemma here.
Iíve hit a crazy plummet in my financial setting, & am currently out of work
Iíve been hitting dead end interviews and have decided to take on either becoming a stripper or bartender to make things get back to being afloat again
The only thing though is deciding between the two of which I should go for. Im very social, outgoing, carefree and am often called the life of the party and wild one of the group.
I thought of stripping because I can easily make back the losses that have came with this past month but my only issue is if Iíll be accepted by the owner and patrons
I thought of Bartending but the only thing with that is itís harder to get my foot in the door with it.
What are your thoughts of what I should go for?

WendiStarr
04-04-2018, 05:32 AM
I'd say based on what you wrote you should try out stripping. Social, outgoing, life of the party types can do well in stripping. A lot of strip clubs are ridiculous and only let males be bartenders for some reason and only let females be cocktail servers. Maybe that's just in my area. Maybe it's different in other places. You could try bartending at an Applebee's, Chili's or similar restaurant until you get more experience and then apply to an upscale restaurant. I mentioned those two family-friendly ones because they accept entry level people. I have female friends with similar personalities to what you described and they both started at those places with no experience and make good money.

Syldana
04-04-2018, 07:14 AM
Thanks for finally responding i almost thought I was about to hit a dead end here lol. That actually is an idea to try out those entry level places so I’ll look into that. In regards to the cocktail waitress, they call them bottle girls where I’m from and crazy enough, that’s harder to get into than becoming a stripper. They really set a standard on the common image they want them to be via be or look fully Hispanic, have big butt, big boobs, tight stomach, long hair etc. That I know I definitely wouldn’t have a chance with

slowpoke
04-04-2018, 11:30 AM
Do you know how to tend bar?

WendiStarr
04-04-2018, 12:16 PM
Thanks for finally responding i almost thought I was about to hit a dead end here lol. That actually is an idea to try out those entry level places so I’ll look into that. In regards to the cocktail waitress, they call them bottle girls where I’m from and crazy enough, that’s harder to get into than becoming a stripper. They really set a standard on the common image they want them to be via be or look fully Hispanic, have big butt, big boobs, tight stomach, long hair etc. That I know I definitely wouldn’t have a chance with

Alright. Do you live in an area with a high amount of Hispanic population? I'm not being racist. I just know that certain areas have preferences. Maybe you need to try applying at different clubs in the area. There has to be a club that has more of a diverse variety of women than only one type. There are customers for all women, regardless of race, body size, boob or butt size, etc. and your personality plays a role too. Just check out all your options and you should be able to find something that's right for you.

Syldana
04-04-2018, 08:49 PM
I live in NYC. I know there are a few clubs that I can have a great chance at but majority look for a particular image.
As for tending a bar, I have no experience with that and have considered going to school for it but have also been told that it is a waste of time and money even paying for Bartending school. Of course, I wouldn’t know how accurate that truly is

Selina M
04-04-2018, 11:52 PM
^ colossal waste of time. People with that as their only experience find their resumes in the trash.

You could be a server, that's fairly easy to get into especially at chain restaurants.

SnuffleUffleGrass
04-05-2018, 07:04 AM
My honest opinion is you should do both to get financially stable, but then switch to bartending full time.

I've done both jobs. You have way more networking ability with bartending, plus you will learn other skills related to barkeeping and restaurant business.

Stripping is not what it used to be and very few women make "Hollywood" style money now. Bartending is a legitimate job skill (that also comes with some of the same long term hassles as stripping, but it pays better.)