PDA

View Full Version : BS Expenses

Baraboo
05-17-2018, 08:45 PM
As I read about dancing and clubs around the nation, I am amazed by the BS that customers accept just to see tits, such as tipping every employee in the building and $30 VIP admission. I don't pay extra for a required drink I don't want to buy. I'll pay for $5 drinks, $20 dances, and maybe a $10 VIP admission. Anything else and I'm gone.

rickdugan
05-22-2018, 11:36 AM
As I read about dancing and clubs around the nation, I am amazed by the BS that customers accept just to see tits, such as tipping every employee in the building and $30 VIP admission. I don't pay extra for a required drink I don't want to buy. I'll pay for $5 drinks, $20 dances, and maybe a $10 VIP admission. Anything else and I'm gone.

And?

To each his own. Value is relative to the purchaser.

OmegaWest
01-03-2019, 06:40 AM

you have two threads I have seen, and you showing that you are one who can be classified as a cheap bastard shows clearly through.

A/ No guest ( we dont have customers) tips everyone in the building.
B/ If you want to enter the club, you will pay your cover charge, and buy drinks ( alcohol or not ). You said you do not drink Alcohol so you have already saved a dollar for each Soda than your posted budget.
C/ Dances are $25 for a lapdance, so get with the program.

If you think this is too much to be entertained, good riddance, your not the sort of guest I for one would want driving the entertainers crazy with your waving your rent money style

Baraboo
02-13-2019, 04:19 PM
you have two threads I have seen, and you showing that you are one who can be classified as a cheap bastard shows clearly through. Yes, I'm a frugal person who expects value for his money. Owning a strip club has legal risk. The motivation for taking that risk is usually greed. That sets the tone for the whole club. When a club owner fleeces his own employees, they must then fleece their customers to make living wages. That is why I mostly stopped going to clubs.

arielbriel
02-13-2019, 04:43 PM
Soooo, why are you on this site if you feel this way?

whirlerz
03-09-2019, 08:56 PM
& why the weird avatar?

trustfundkiller
03-09-2019, 11:31 PM
Strip clubs and other entertainment venues are luxuries, hence paying inflated prices. It is what it is. Go to a library or take a walk in the park if you want cheap entertainment.

AChildOfBoredom
03-10-2019, 06:39 AM
I mean, everyone has to decide for themselves how much they'll spend on luxuries and entertainment. So, I'm not really going to fault you for putting yourself on a budget. I don't really know what you were expecting? You do you. Nobody's in a better position to make that judgment call than you are.

slowpoke
03-10-2019, 08:09 AM
You can always stay home and wait for charming young ladies to come to your house, disrobe, and give you lap dances.

whirlerz
03-10-2019, 08:32 AM
Legal risk & greed aren't limited to SC's

miss.a.p1600
03-10-2019, 08:54 AM
Tipping people who help you is not uncommon.

You’d do the exact same thing if you went to a hotel on vacation (tipping the valet, the bellhop, the maid, etc) or to a restaurant (tipping the bar, the waitress, valet, etc)

When people see how generous you are, that type of generosity and positive energy comes back to you. They remember you and your experience is usually better.

When you budget trip to sc you should also include tips into the budget. The people to tip (if they help you) are the valet, the bartender/waitress, dj (if you make a song request), etc

queenelayliah
03-10-2019, 11:21 AM
Hey now, do you really think this individual tips the valet, maid or anyone! He’s way to “frugal” for that. Lol he needs to learn there’s a difference between cheap and frugal. I also bet he’s the type to make unreasonable demads at said places and then also dont tip lol. Because I'm a frugal person who EXPECTS value for his money.

Tipping people who help you is not uncommon.

You’d do the exact same thing if you went to a hotel on vacation (tipping the valet, the bellhop, the maid, etc) or to a restaurant (tipping the bar, the waitress, valet, etc)

When people see how generous you are, that type of generosity and positive energy comes back to you. They remember you and your experience is usually better.

When you budget trip to sc you should also include tips into the budget. The people to tip (if they help you) are the valet, the bartender/waitress, dj (if you make a song request), etc

WendiStarr
03-31-2019, 07:59 AM
^ Seeing as how he posted an article from a popular publication in Detroit, that explains a lot. Detroit is one of the worst cities for strippers. We have to pay ridiculous house fees, dance card fee of $350 if working in the city of Detroit, tip out the manager, house mom, dj, valet, bouncer, etc and even if we didn't use that person's services. Visiting a strip club is a luxury. Dancers have to hustle hard in order to earn decent money. Some nights are hard leaving with only $40 after paying fees and tipping everyone out. Strip clubs cost a lot to visit. Heck, even a pop costs $8 there. If you can't afford it then stay home.

OmegaWest
03-31-2019, 08:29 AM
You can tell with the numbers he posted, he hasn't been to a club in the past decade at least if not more.

AChildOfBoredom
03-31-2019, 02:13 PM
^ Seeing as how he posted an article from a popular publication in Detroit, that explains a lot. Detroit is one of the worst cities for strippers. We have to pay ridiculous house fees, dance card fee of $350 if working in the city of Detroit, tip out the manager, house mom, dj, valet, bouncer, etc and even if we didn't use that person's services. Visiting a strip club is a luxury. Dancers have to hustle hard in order to earn decent money. Some nights are hard leaving with only $40 after paying fees and tipping everyone out. Strip clubs cost a lot to visit. Heck, even a pop costs $8 there. If you can't afford it then stay home.

On the bright side, they do have Red Coat Tavern. I think it’s one of the best burgers I’ve ever eaten. And bumpy cake ice cream!

charlie61
03-31-2019, 07:23 PM
I can understand the OP. But i do think it makes sense that clubs have required expenses like those listed, because otherwise, 50% of customers would come in, buy a single $5 beer, and watch the entertainment for free, for hours. I think this is an example of how a few bad customers ruined it for men who fully intend to spend good money in the club.

Of course, it is a luxury expense / luxury entertainment. But i can see the OP's point about not wanting to be told *how* to spend money that he truly does intend to spend on his own terms. And as a dancer, while i do enjoy that forced spending discourages cheapskates from entering, part of me would also be annoyed that the club requires customers to spend their money on bullshit like "dancers' drinks" when they could instead spend that money on dances with me.

Every club is different, OP, so perhaps you just haven't found the right fit.

maximvsv
04-01-2019, 08:52 AM
At my favorite place, dances are still $20. The drink prices are a bit steep, but expected. I think a shot is going for $10. A decent Manhattan (and they still don't stock bitters at any bar in the place) is $14 now. "Cheap" beer is $7. They have coffee and tea which they sometimes charge for and sometimes don't.

I got an annual membership because door fees of $20-$30 are too much for me.

I expect to tip the dancers on stage.

I can't imagine tipping the bouncers.

I will tip any bartender or waitress who brings me something.

At the club, there are bathroom attendants in the men's room. I'm conflicted with that. I will tip them, and I want there to be people there taking care of the bathroom. But I do not like the way that they do their job, and I would have kicked them out.