PDA

View Full Version : Drink Minimums

Baraboo
12-29-2018, 07:03 AM
As a nondrinker, driving to bars to drink alcohol has always seemed stupid and dangerous to me. I buy juice, but I have left clubs without getting dances when the waitress said I must buy a second drink. Some clubs don't have a minimum per hour, but tell me I must have one in front of me at all times, after the glass is empty. That's another immediate exit.

slowpoke
12-29-2018, 08:05 AM
Can you buy a Coke? They charge the same as for alcohol so it may be even more profitable for the bar.

Bahuba
12-29-2018, 10:35 AM
Tell them non-alcoholic

Baraboo
12-29-2018, 08:17 PM
Can you buy a Coke? They charge the same as for alcohol so it may be even more profitable for the bar. For health I could buy plain water. I get tired of the push for extra drinks. I want to spend on dances, not club BS.

slowpoke
12-30-2018, 08:12 AM
For health I could buy plain water. I get tired of the push for extra drinks. I want to spend on dances, not club BS.

Club soda

SuperJa
12-30-2018, 12:06 PM
The only club I worked at where they still pushed the "two drink minimum" if a customer was spending was at a dry bar- because obviously without being forced to buy a drink, very few people would. And I mean we even had a few regulars who would get around it by going straight to the dance area, saying they just wanted to have girls sent to them and they'll do 2 dances or whatever with each of them, and that was fine.

The vast majority of bars I've worked though, if a customer is clearly spending, he doesn't get harassed about drinks. I mean nobody cares if you're drinking in the lap dance area/vip.

Explain to the waitress that you dont drink and you aren't interested in slamming back pop all night, tip her as if you bought two drinks, and make sure you get enough dances to make it clear that you're not just trying to get out of paying for drinks. When you spend money club staff back off quickly.

OmegaWest
01-03-2019, 06:32 AM
For health I could buy plain water. I get tired of the push for extra drinks. I want to spend on dances, not club BS.

Whether you are a drinker or not, without you buying a drink or two while you are in the club means you will not have a club to go to after a while. Bar sales, alcohol or not, are the majority of what keeps a club open, so dont bitch when you you have no place to go because you were too uppity to support the bottom line.

maximvsv
04-01-2019, 08:58 AM
As a nondrinker, driving to bars to drink alcohol has always seemed stupid and dangerous to me. I buy juice, but I have left clubs without getting dances when the waitress said I must buy a second drink. Some clubs don't have a minimum per hour, but tell me I must have one in front of me at all times, after the glass is empty. That's another immediate exit.

I understand being offended by it. If you want to be confrontational about it, get two glasses of water, pay for them, then leave them covered and untouched on the table for the rest of the evening.

Filmer2233
07-12-2020, 02:57 AM

Young adults pay to rent space to hang out in, women to network, and men to maybe score a friend or a woman.

Once a strip bar told me I hadn't ordered anything in an hour and needed to do so. Well it's been many years since I've ordered and if they were still in business I wouldn't be there.

One bum lap dance and one bum VIP room turned my money off permanently, and no dancer has ever offered to make them good. They said the place didn't need my business, apparently not.

Strippers and clubs only think in the short-term and I guess that's profitable for them.

rickdugan
07-21-2020, 11:11 AM
Strippers and clubs only think in the short-term and I guess that's profitable for them.

Of course the dancers do. They don't know if they will ever see you again after that moment. This is purely discretionary entertainment. You could go to another club, fall in lust with another girl, go broke, go to other entertainment venues, move away, just decide that you don't like clubs anymore, etc.,etc., at any time. They have so much competition that they know that any day you spend on them could be the last.

Now it tends to be more varied with clubs. Some clubs won't be that strict just because they are competing against a number of other local clubs for business. But IMHO as a general matter the less competition they have the less they worry about milking you. IME they also tend to worry less about it in tourist trap areas where all the clubs are pulling similar stunts.